Finances Indiegogo Campaign Closing This Weekend

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KT Samurai, Jun 1, 2016.

1. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

As many of you know, we opted to keep our crowdfunding drive on Indiegogo running after the campaign ended in order to give people a chance to contribute to the forum in case they heard about it late or couldn't come up a donation in time. Now we feel that the campaign has run its course, due in no small part to it being a ridiculous success, and will be closing the campaign this coming Saturday night on June 4th. If you intend to donate for that sweet, sweet founder title this is your last chance!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sakugacity-com/x/13478496#/

The enormous success of the campaign has all but secured our place on the internets for at least a year to come, even when accounting for some pretty catastrophic meltdown scenarios that could occur over the next several months. We don't expect to need funding again for quite some time, but we'll keep you appraised of how our finances are going on a monthly basis (in fact, you'll see a Sakuga City financial report for May later this evening). We expect to open a Patreon at some point but we're not too concerned about that at the moment; you've done much, much more than we could have ever expected of you to get this community going, and we don't want to seem overly paranoid or greedy when it comes to fundraising. We've got plenty to play with, and we're doing our very best to make sure that we're not wasting it.

That's it 'til this evening. Thank you for your continued support and have a wonderful day. Tune in later this evening for the aforementioned report. (Hope you like rudimentary math! I sure don't.)

#1 KT Samurai, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Randoms, JoJo, Zoltor and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kiiro

Kiiro Newbie
    Gold Founder

Just arrived to the forums, didn't even know there was a new community. Just backed! Well done and looking forward to contribute in any way I can ;)

3. Zoltor

Zoltor Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Yea, I'm glad you extended such from when it was originally suppose to be over, because I would've missed it(didn't even know this was even a thing, until a few weeks ago).

4. Xaestalrasz

Xaestalrasz Splendiferous Wizardess
    Platinum Founder

I said I would have donated if I kept up to date with the project, but oh look, apparently it's still open to donations.

Have a $50.

5. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Okay, so the Indiegogo is definitely, definitely closing on June 8th (tomorrow). Sorry about all the confusion.