Internet Story/Thread That You Will Always Remember?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red_Dragon, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Famous Member
    Platinum Founder

Since this place has become a bit of Graveyard, I wanted to get the ball going a bit. Did you ever read a Reddit Thread/Story that that always sticks out to you or that you always remember? Whether it be shocking, appalling, or just something that gave you knowledge, what's the one Reddit thing you always remember?

For me my most memorable Reddit Thread that I'll always remember, because it showed one of the core problems of the internet and fast moving information, was the Thread where they were trying to ID the Boston Bomber, what's weird for this thread is that I've been trying to find it, but it seems that Reddit completely wiped it off the internet. Basically they accused the wrong guy (Sunil Tripathi) of being the Boston Bomber, people sent death threats to this guys family, only to find out this guy killed himself in something completely unrelated (I think he got kicked out of University or he failed and was ashamed). Of course it spread like wildfire and it was all over the internet, only to find out the Boston bombers were actually those two kids from Chechnya. That entire thread and the way it went from living streaming news, to someone reportedly hearing Sunil's name on a police scanner (Never verified if this was true). Is something I always remember.

What about you?

EDIT: Changed this to include the entire Internet and not just Reddit.

#1 Red_Dragon, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  2. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Unidan's jackdaws and jolly ranchers

Oh Snape likes this.
  3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Red_Dragon likes this.
  4. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Famous Member
    Platinum Founder

You have me DYING at the bodybuilder forum. You ever remember that thread with the guy who posted himself with no shirt on and then they proceeded to Photoshop him in every post until he was everything imaginable including a Pirate with an eye-patch and a parrot on his arm? I have to post that if I can find it.

BAM: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/badboy2-im-18-do-i-have-potential

Sadly it looks like the thread is gone but that Thread had some serious hilarity in it

#4 Red_Dragon, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Vaguely, body building and car modding forums had the best drama/spontaneous hilarity in 00s. Was around peak somethingawful as well before 4chan took over internet humour.

Anyway, looks like guy did hit his potential judging by that link lol.

Red_Dragon likes this.