OOC Intruders of the Mind

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by Ravok, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

Introduction:
    Hello everyone, I always wanted to create a roleplay similiar to what im generally used to, DnD. So why not just exactly so? Anyway let me explain in further detail.
    World:
    [​IMG]
    This is the world of Veldar, In total actually but there are some deep places undiscovered. The party is hired to explore the unknown. Ofcourse, this will be up to the party how and why they do explore.
    You are in a wild country with almost no civilisation. Its up to you and your party members what to do with it.

Races and Classes
    Races:
    Human: You know humans. These are the humans you all know and love
    Elves: Long, beautifull, pointy ears and ages in hundreds a maximum of a thousand. these features are in all elves you know and love. Ofcourse these elves are divided into the high elves, wood elves, and the drow (night elves)
    Dwarves: Long bearded, sturdy. The dwarves are what you know and love like the elves. they are divided in two subspecies being the hill dwarf and the mountain dwarf.
    Halfing: Small humans, really small. the smallest race there is.
    Dragonborn: Imagen a Dragon without wings and in humanoid form.
    Tiefling: A baby between a demon and a human. nothing good comes from that but somehow it did and the Tiefling was born.
    Halfs: These halfs are a cross between one race and human (Exception on the dragonborn and tiefling, whom can only reproduce among themselves.)
    Classes:
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Druid
    Fighter
    Monk
    Paladin
    Ranger (Hunter)
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Warlock
    Wizard

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Allignment:
    (The allignments are considered your thoughts about good and evil and law and chaos. These are the 9 allignments https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)
    Class:
    Magic (If a magic caster. Note, you start out with weak magic, and get stronger magic later on):
    Skill (If not a magic caster):
    Backstory:
    Flaw:
    Ideal (Ideals is another goal, but instead of being long term. This goal is very characteristic and influenced by your alignment and personality:
    Goal:

Rules:
    No powergaming or metagaming
    No major pvp (Roleplay pvp is allowed but nothing tooo serious)
    You start out better then a regular old npc but you are a newbie you gain abilitys and strengths later on
    Keep track of your own gear.
    Keep track of your own level and note it down when you are awarded said level

#1 Ravok, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Name: Flandre Newt

Race:
    Dragonborn - her tails and wings are only for show, they don't help her fly but they are apart of her.
    [​IMG]

Alignment:
    (Not enough information to answer this--Ravok elaborate)

Class:
    Cleric (My idea of a cleric is someone who is religious and knows how to heal people--correct me if you have something else in mind)

Magic:
    Knows how to use healing magic.

Skills:
    She is good with herbs and making potions

Backstory:
    Migrating from her war torn homeland, she lost her family, although she has no memory of them and drifts from town to town in an almost constant daze. She is fully aware of her surroundings but has no real focal point.

Flaw:
    Described it above, she has memory loss and is always in a daze. Overall she's shy.

Ideal:
    (Not enough information to answer this--Ravok elaborate)

Goal:
    None as of now, she hopes to travel with people that can protect her, and so she can protect them with her skills and magic.

3. Ravok

Well ii update the post, that might help

4. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

As a big fan of DnD I'm really interested in this but...I need to know...what's the time commitment? Because I don't have oceans of time. When me and my group play DnD we play once every month for about ten hrs. That's kind of the time commitment you need to think of with me. It doesn't all need to be in one day but 10hrs per month is about the maximum I can spare.

Second thing I want to know: how do you want to structure it? One massive story or smaller arcs? Because I would much prefer the latter so that when at some point I don;t have the time to join my character can just sit an arc out.

I know it sounds like I'm not into this. I really am but I also want to be realistic. I always have a lot of things going on in my life and I don't want to have to drop out early cause I can't find the time to work on this.

5. Ravok

Mhhh, I plan on doing lots of smaller arcs that overlap in one big story so that missing an arc wouldnt be a big deal. The format of this is like any rp, post when you have the time once a week is preferable and go on your way. The reason i do it like this for a change is that the game can continue on like a normal game (Since rolling isnt involved for a change) and that everyone doesnt need to spend hours of time on this

6. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay cool! I'll start drawing up a character.

I should warn you though, my characters tend to be...rather excentric and I drain that extricity for all it's worth. I'm furthest from a power player ou can imagine. Prefering to play underpowered characters who have to find other means to get out of a situation than just blunt force. But they don't neceserilly always make the best decissions and are not always the best teamplayers.

Just sayan.

7. Ravok

I love it, sinc ethis is n rp that does not require rolls, you can play any kind of way you want XD. be the uncharismatic warlock for a change

8. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely not that. My current DnD character is a cleric who's definition of lawfull good means that she wants to murder every person who doesn't believe in her god. So...been there done that. :p

No I'm thinking more...monster-ish...

I'll let you know once I've crafted my character.

9. Ravok

anyone still intrested in this?