Is there a Sakuga Discord server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karnage, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

So pretty much as the title suggests, I was wondering if there was a Sakuga Discord? I used to be rather active back on the A4 days of old, but that was mainly because of the IRC. I know we currently have one, but it's separate from the main page and separate login and all of that fun jazz. Essentially I'm being lazy about joining that IRC because when I do no one is on and I feel like it is a hassle most of the time. Maybe this is just a me problem though.

Back to the main point, do we have one? If not has Shannon and other big figures mentioned making one? If so I would love to join or see one be made.

2. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc New Member

I hope not. Discord is awful. If you really want an instant messaging app, try Skype or Kik.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Do the the extra clicks and get ur ass in chat foo.

And that goes for the rest of you. Don't worry, Dunn isn't always on.

4. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

We vould create it.. I would actually join because my irc program is always kicking me out of irc and that become irritating.... :(

5. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm not saying no... But...There was a discord and nobody really used it, they stuck to the IRC, but I am guilty of that too. Ian deleted the discord recently because the people who wanted it, didn't actually log into it.

The current IRC Chatroom is mainly Interest1ng, Dunn, Snap, Alca, Fantasy, me and a few others on occasion. Maybe a random Paul shouting angrily in all caps WHEN HE'S HUNGRY lol. I tend to idle, but can always ping me by typing my name. If I'm idling it means the app is running in the background on my computer. I might or might not be there, but usually still around until midnight (GMT) or so. You might catch a few more in there here and there, but dead on holidays and weekends I swear. American working hours, thats when the slackers descend upon the chatrooms.

If you like to chat regularly, I recommend getting an app for IRC though. Colloquy for mac and iphone (I use it and it's awesome), mIRC for windows, AndroIRC for Android. The kiwi web app that is linked (Chat link, top right of forum) isn't all that great. You get randomly kicked on it, but it does the job for people just popping in for a bit.

2 years ago, I was in no mood to run or maintain a discord because for me it was yet another app. I was an IRC user and was active in a few rooms, so it was nothing to keep another tab open for Sakuga and chat in there too. I left it up to the lads (Ian and KT) to maintain and run a discord if they wanted to, but I wasn't getting involved in the running of it since I never used the app. People from here signed up, chatted a bit for a few weeks, and that was that. They complained about the inactivity and I was like "there's SOME activity going on in IRC if interested." Now I'm not active much in any of the non-SC rooms I used to be in, so I don't mind maintaining whatever chat platform people are happiest using.

Karnage likes this.
  6. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Damn, I don't remember the last time I showed up in chat...

7. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Here you go:

https://discord.gg/4ZvHcPw

I made it cause I am with what some others have said about the IRC, but I have both IRC and discord open every day and it is easier to just move to one platform. Sooo the link is a perma link.

#7 Interest1ng, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Fantasy likes this.
  8. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I was looking for this thread. For some reason I thought it was posted in Suggestions. :O

Just found out Sean made a Discord when I posted up the link in the IRC chat.
    Anyway, permalink to a staff run one is linked at the top of the forum. People are free to join whatever chatrooms they please of course. ;)

9. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

The discord is fucking terrible.

Interest1ng likes this.
  10. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

Can disagree here, Discord being calm and not very populated. But seeing as discord is a very nice communication application I would highly recommend joining it. From what I know Snape has not yet joined the discord that was linked above. Anyhow join to make it a better place to chat :D. Dont know about the official one though

Interest1ng likes this.
  11. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

I just saw that there was a discord opened up. Funny I'm the one who asked about it and I didn't even notice.. Regardless I use discord on most of my devices so I can actually see when things are happening and pop in. Thanks for even taking it into consideration.

12. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

I managed to log in. After scrolling down.

All is good again.

13. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

I have no idea what Discord is. It's a site, yes, but that is as far as my knowledge on the subject goes.

14. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Just a cool looking site to chat on. And do other little stuff.

15. Mr. Mister

Oh, then I'm not missing anything important. Good to know.

16. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Im on the other Discord, not the "legit" Sakuga one with all the lames :p I say its much more stable than IIRC and allows you to do more chat wise so its not too bad at all.

Im with you @Mr. Mister as I had no idea what the hell all the hype about discord was. Nothing as life changing as people would make it out to be but its definitely one of the better chat platforms to use.

17. The_Archangel

The_Archangel Shadowbanned

I popped in there twice. Looks waaay better than IRC.

18. Mr. Mister

I have tried going to that site and it looks maddening, at least to me. And if something looks like that to me, unless I have no other option, but to contend with it, I err on the side of caution and avoid it. People may chat with me, but then they typically go quiet with me after a time so I move on. I suspect I don't miss much.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  19. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

@Mr. Mister Discord is by the wiki definition:

Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform designed for video gaming communities, that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and in web browsers.

20. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Thanks Webster...

Dunn x Dolo likes this.