Fantasy Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

In the MMORPG Cross Reverie, Takuma Sakamoto is so powerful that he is lauded as the “Demon Lord” by other players. One day, he is summoned to another world – but with the same appearance he had in the game! There, he meets two girls who both proclaim themselves to be his Summoner. They had performed an Enslavement Ritual to turn him into their Summon... but that's when Takuma's passive ability <> activated! Instead, it was the girls who had become enslaved! Though Takuma may have been the strongest Sorcerer there was, he had no idea how to talk with other people. That's when he makes his choice: to act based on his persona from the game!

“Amazing? But of course... I am Diablo, the being known and feared as the Demon Lord!”

So begins a tale of adventure with an earth-shakingly powerful Demon Lord (or at least someone who acts like one) taking on another world!

(Source: J-Novel Club)

Trailer
    :

Air Date: Jul 5, 2018

Official Site: here

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

So its another trapped in a game anime. But its actually quite likeable. Its a touch of no game no life with him being presumably a neet but that isnt expressly stated but highly suggested as far as i can tell.

Its also got a bit more log horizon than sao in it. It seems like hell be learning to cope with society more than they do in sao. Not that sao didn't focus on game society but log horizon was on a larger scale in that aspect. Granted its early and hard to judge so early.

But diablos auto pilot is pretty impressive.

And got to say love the cat ears :D

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Opening

「DeCIDE」by SUMMONARS 2+

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Ending「Saiaku na hi demo Anata ga Suki」

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Oh wow!

If you ever wanted to know what it would be like to cross highschool dxd with log horizon you must watch this show!!!

Man it goes from sensible world building in a trapped in a game scenario to wild ecchi flings :D but i will say its actually doing it in a somewhat understandable situation.

But as long as they keep giving backstory and make the characters likeable its not just a rehash. And its unique blend of genres makes it pretty enjoyable.

6. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

It's a good thing Takuma decided to keep up his "in-game" persona, otherwise he'd be a total flop. From what I gather, he's the only outsider in this world, right? I'm wondering if there will be an encounter where his idea about death in the game is tested, or will that just be a thought exercise?

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

well they did gloss over his cut thumb. It obviously wasn't so deep that he needed a blood transfusion. Speaking of which they dont have portals like in the game but what about healing? Was one of the two girls a healer? I can't remember.

8. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Actually, from what I gather, most of the inhabitants of that particular kingdom are more into the status quo/self preservation aspect. Most of the healing seems to be a more normal “wash and bandage” routine. I’m sure there’s a breaking point somewhere, we probably have to wait for someone to truly encounter a life threatening situation.

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Yep he said that about the low skill levels. I guess we'll have to wait for a true battle to find out about the real nature of the health/death scene.

10. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

I'm a big fan of the manga, so I was looking forward to seeing it animated... But tbh, the pacing is so awful.

11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ha no social skills so cant do the swimming :)
    Theyre actually doing a good job of making diablo (did they ever say his real world name?) A good job of making diablo likeable and not just a hot head nor a total dweeb.

Im also liking the twist they threw in there at the end :)

12. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ending Full : Saiaku na Hi demo Anata ga Suki. - Yu Serizawa

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Im surprised this is actually really good. There is of course echhi comedy. However the serious action is really good and the mc is rising to the occasion.

Big thumbs up :)

14. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

I like how he doesn't take anything for granted. While he seems to have the same abilities as when he was strictly a game player, things don't work exactly the same. He is cautious enough to know that he might not get the outcome he was looking for. What really gets me is that battles take a toll on his body, and recovery is so conventional. No magical spells, just nourishment and rest.... and waking up to a scantily clad summoner.

yoda313 likes this.
  15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

his take on isseis recovery power in dxd :D

16. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Thats the dream

17. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@Kuze Look for the opening for this if you can get it that would be awesome.

18. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Will look for it tomorrow. Release date is on the 25th, so I wouldn't expect a leak this early.

19. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Oh okay! I saw on a site it was the same date as the ending. Ill wait til the 25th then.

20. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Yeah, it was supposed to release near the end of July, but for some reason or the other it got postponed to the 25th of August.