Horror Ito Junji: Collection

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Sweet, Tomie deserves a higher budget and I kinda no megusta the animation so far. I've seen first 2 episodes....not impressed.

I'll give it 2 more. Looks like Devilmans the only thing I'll be watching this year lol.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The animation has been on-off but some of the stories are really really good. I mean I'm all about the stories with this series as long as the animation isn't bothersome.

They adapted Town without Streets which has a really bizarre concept and I liked the adaptation, though the start was a bit haphazard with the Aristotle references.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Ito Junji Collection Opening Theme MV

"Otagai no Uchuu (互いの宇宙)" by JYOCHO

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Binged the last couple of episodes before the final episode that's going to air this weekend. There was a Tomie episode in there, The Painter. As was from the start, this series has been a mixed bag. Some stories from the last couple of episodes have been absolutely shit, some were alright and "The Bridge" felt like a decent one. At the end of the day I'll prolly remember 3-4 stories from this anime and the rest wouldn't make the cut.

[​IMG]

My favorite from the last couple of episodes, The Bridge

[​IMG]

The cake for biggest fail though, has to go to the first story of episode 8. The general animation of episode 8 was the lowest low of the entire series and the way the story turned out was utter shit. I'll let the gif do the talking.

[​IMG]

I hope the final episode adapts something decent.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

And it ended with a Souichi sketch. Damn.

[​IMG]

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A promotional video for the two unaired episodes based on Ito's Tomie story was streamed. The episodes will be included on the anime's second and third DVD sets on April 27 and May 25, respectively.