John wick

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by yoda313, Sep 22, 2016.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

yep!

the new trailer certainly feels right. i love the fishburne line - get this man a gun!

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

very good movie :)

It was surprising that they used a lot of the structure of the first one. What I mean was i thought it was going to be all action 100% of the time. Don't get me wrong it is packed. But like the first one it worked in the story in a nice way. Nothing seemed too out of place. It was a nice continuation. A lot of times movies movies try to do overkill of what was perceived as the best part of the previous movie. This movie actually seemed to keep the overall idea of the first movie intact. It did branch out though. It wasnt static.

If you liked the first one definitely see chapter 2 :)

3. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I must get round to watching it at some point.

yoda313 likes this.
  4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

5. Gus

Gus Senior Member

I saw part 2 at the theater on Saturday (watched part 1 at home before going to see part 2).

It was a really good movie. The new action movie standard has been set. Live up to that!

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

its gonna be hard to do that. the newest xxx movie was fun but not a hard hitting affair like jw.

nother great article with spoilers galore so be warned:

http://screenrant.com/john-wicks-blood-oath-explained/?ref=yfp

Gus likes this.
  7. Gus

Gus Senior Member

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

absolutely! i love the comic adaptation of wick :)

the explanation of the Continental head master holding the second marker was cool

Gus likes this.
  9. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Run Jonathan run!!

Finally got round to watching this. The stakes keep getting higher and higher every time. And no more Continental privileges to strut around. John truly is in deep shit this time. Good thing they confirmed part 3. This is one of those movies I'd easily see more of.

Some Enter the Dragon shit towards the end. Plus that marker Winston handed over to John. Some story behind that alright. Brilliant stuff all round.

10. Enies

Enies Famous Member

how does the second movie compare to the first one. im about to watch it later tonight with family.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The 2nd movie started where the 1st left off. As epic and engaging as ever. Plus the ending was more high stakes. A deserved sequel to the first.

12. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

@Kuze not to mention the fact that now they have to make a 3rd.

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

They're way ahead of you. It's supposed to start filiming this fall sometime.

It's strange that an action film like john wick could actually get more detail and backstory in a sequel. Usually its the opposite. Just take the action that worked in the first movie and ignore everything else and make the explosions bigger is the typical hollywood sequel mantra. But you actually get more in the assassins world in the sequel and keanu reeves really delivers the emotion in this one too, which is pretty surprising in its own right.

(yep day off :))

14. Interest1ng

I was listening to The Nerdist Podcast this weekend and listened to the Keanu Interview. He pretty much said that was the direction he was taking it. He wanted to show the two different sides of John. John the grieving husband and John Wick the revenge seeking Boogeyman.

yoda313 likes this.
  15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Interst1ng - the funny thing is the russian mob leader once said he was they guy you sent to kill the boogeyman in the first movie :D but then he went on to just calling john the boogeyman outright :D

16. Interest1ng

@yoda313

Baba Yaga
    In Slavic folklore, Baba Yaga is a supernatural being (or one of a trio of sisters of the same name) who appears as a deformed and/or ferocious-looking woman. Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar, wields a pestle, and dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs (or sometimes a single chicken leg).[1] Baba Yaga may help or hinder those that encounter or seek her out. She sometimes plays a maternal role, and also has associations with forest wildlife. According to Vladimir Propp's folktale morphology, Baba Yaga commonly appears as either a donor or villain, or may be altogether ambiguous.
    Remember, he was referred to as the man you sent to kill the Bogeyman... and that creature was supposed to be the unidentifiable embodiment of terror.

So John Wick was supposed to be death incarnate, yet ambiguous as to what he might feel. He was the calmest, most effective, scariest individual, yet could be counted on... depended on to defend and assist those he chose to.

Not exactly like Baba Yaga... but close enough that referring to him as such would make people who were raised with the legend of Baba Yaga know exactly how terrifying he could be.

took the excertp from Quora. But it seems to sum it out.

yoda313 likes this.
  17. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Watched this the other night and was super, super impressed. It was everything a sequel should be by being better in every respect. I was engaged and excited through the entire thing.

All in all, freaking amazing!

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

you have now maintained your proud status as a member of the john wick cult! :D

Yajuu_Kikuishi likes this.
  19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder