Slice of Life Just Because!

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis
    At the end of the second semester of third year of high school, four students are prepared for graduation and feel the ending to their high school life. But that changes a little with the arrival of a transfer student.

(VIA MAL)

PV:

Studios: Pine Jam
    Source: Original
    Genres: School
    License: Sentai Filmworks
    Stream: Animestrike

There were two main selling points that drew me towards being super interested in "Just Because!":
    First Is that the character designs were done by Kiseki Himura. Who did the character designs for Getsuyoubi no Tawawa (Tawawa on Monday) and I loved the designs in that anime. Second is that Pine Jam was in charge of the animation. Again going back to Tawawa I thought the animation was really well done in those four minute shorts. So knowing that a full length anime with the same designs and animation was in the works, just made me super excited.

It was not until later on I discovered that this is an original story written by Hajime Kamoshida. Who is best known for writing "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou." I loved the Pet Girl of Sakurasou I thought it was extremely well written and the anime was fantastic. I think "Just Because!" is going to be a redemption for Kamoshida because the end of Sakurasou had received terrible feedback after he had finished writing it. I am really excited to see if Kamoshida can produce something as great as Sakurasou and deliver a satisfying end that will appease all.

When it comes to the actual story though, this is more then likely going to become a romance anime and not just a school anime. A 5th wheel is being added to the mix and most likely someone is going to end up being disappointed in the end, which will most likely result in someones waifu not winning the waifu war. (most likely mine)

I am looking forward to seeing if the trend of certain characters ending up together in the end continues, or something unorthodox happens. Hoping for something Unorthodox!

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

NBCUniversal posted two trailers for the Just Because! original anime which previews Yanagi Nagi's opening theme song "over and over," and the ending theme song "behind" by Karin Isobe, Yuna Yoshino, and Lynn as their respective characters.

First episode debuts this Thursday.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Episode 1 will be out today.

4. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Loved this first ep.

the way the scenes and shots are framed really brings home the idea of how small these kids feel in their world. Even when they are the focus of a scene they get drowned out by everything around them.

5. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

The first episode was an interesting and quiet episode. There were a lot of subtle things about it that is making me want to watch at least a couple more. The play on the lights in the animation is different and I found it distracting when the train was going by. Not a bad first episode, I feel it could build into something really nice, at least I am hoping it will.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Can you pack in the feels in 3 months though? That is what we will find out. Dammit though Komiya is my favorite so far and she's probably going to get the shit end of the stick by the end of this. Oh well we'll see how it goes.

Animation was meh, I expected better.

7. Narilka

The music in the show is really nice, very soothing. It is a nice quite slow moving show so far at least. @Sora Senpai Komiya is a really cute character, I like her perkiness, I agree she will probably not get a chance. We’ll see though we coupld be surprised... but probably not damn shoujo so predictable.

[​IMG]

8. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

So now the question is did Morikawa reject Haruto because she likes someone else or because she is going to college? That's what we have to find out now.

Natsume continues to be the worst character in this anime. Like bitch you've liked this dude for years....SAY SOMETHING TO HIM. It's not like he was even your best friend throughout those years, he was just an acquaintance. Why would you keep stringing yourself along like that???

At least Izumi stepped up and said something. I felt it developed his character a little more.

In the end Komiya is best girl easily. She even dropped a perfect quote. "You'll never get a chance to win if you don't take the mound." Gah so good. Even that "I like you" as well. Amazing!

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

KOMIYA IS BEST GIRL...PERIOD! And her chances of ending up with Eita are increasing. Natsume is trash an Morikawa I wanted to STRANGLE in this episode. You wait for Soma to message you, he does, and then you ignore him...JFC!!!!

[​IMG]

MUST PROTECT BEST SMILE!

10. Narilka

She is definitely more interesting and has more personality than Natsume. Wake up Eita.

11. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Just Because! ED Full - behind

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Haters keep hating on Komiya, this episode proved she is best girl.

Puta outranks a certain female character as well.

That Morikawa and Eita meet up at the end was interesting and funny. She definitely overheard what transpired between Eita and Komiya so it will be interesting to see the outcome next week.

Look we all know who Eita will be with in the end. However they are doing certain things in the anime which makes us question..."Well maybe not..." Such as Eita taking Komiya's picture, noticing a different side to her, hearing about how he's comfortable around her. While I do enjoy that I overlook it because I know what will happen in the end.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Story: A romance story that needed to fit 3 months of quick romance into an anime. My biggest worry was if that was enough time to develop a realistic romantic relationship between some characters. For a few it did, for others it just seemed extremely rushed and force. Which is surprising because I felt like the forced relationship was between our two main characters.
    In the end this was basically like any other 3 Female 2 Male romance show. The best girl finishes last.

Art: Holy lord I had to give the Art a five, but that mainly came down to the animation as a whole. The background images were very well done but my god the animation at points just took a nose dive.

Sound: A slightly above average BGM with an Average opening and ending. I found myself skipping both after the second or third episode.

Characters: I actually liked the characters a lot. One or two stood out to be fantastic characters, while the others were fairly enjoyable as well, with one character falling into my "Hate" list, but hey it makes for a good balance when it comes to this anime.

Enjoyment: While I enjoyed this anime at points, there were some points where I could have just been without. Basically when watching this anime the enjoyment will come from which couple you support.

Overall: Nothing really stands out about this anime other then Komiya being one of the most awesome female characters of 2017. Yes of the entire freaking year. I would seriously recommend watching this anime for Komiya she makes this anime much better then it should be.

Overall: 6/10