Discussion Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: What's next for this series

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

AWESOME!!! I loved the shit out of season 1 so more Kabaneri is always welcome here. I always felt the story of Kabaneri could be told in 2 x 12 episodes so maybe with a good series comp this second season could bring us to a sattisfactory conclussion.

Still even if it's just a movie or an ova, that would be cool too. Especially since that still leaves options open for a potential second season and ultimately gives us more Kabaneri. And that is always a good thing.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato sequel anime film will open in Japan in spring 2019. Director Tetsuro Araki has stated that the film will focus on the character Mumei.

The film will take place half a year after the story of the television anime series. Araki previously stated that the film isn't a spinoff but a sequel.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A teaser video for the sequel anime film was streamed. The film will open in Japan in spring 2019 and will focus on the character Mumei.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Manga Entertainment will be releasing Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress as a Blu-ray/DVD combo edition on Monday December 10.

5. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

So the whole thing is done in ala Madoka Magica style, as in three movies total and the third one is completely new material.
    Kabaneri was actually quite marvelous series. Or to be precise, 3/4 of it was marvelous, and the rest was kabaneri poop. I can't remember exactly what the faults were 'cause it's been a while since I watched it, but the major things were that the ending was rushed, the story/plot derailed in a weird way, and the main "bad guy" was pretty much ridiculous. I remember first time when he appeared in an episode, I was 95% sure he was gonna be a villain.
    The upcoming movie needs some stronger writing, but if they manage to do it I'm sure they could make a very special movie.

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

EGOIST will perform the theme song "Sakase ya Sakase" for the Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato (Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri: Unato Kessen) sequel anime film.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A new video for The Battle of Unato sequel anime film was streamed. It reveals that the film will open in Japan on May 10 and will screen for a two-week limited engagement. The anime will also stream on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video simultaneously with the theatrical release.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A 2nd promotional video for the Kabaneri sequel anime film was streamed.

9. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

"Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ~The Battle of Unato~" Anime Film Theme Song

EGOIST - Sakase ya Sakase

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The UK Netflix website is listing The Battle of Unato (Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri: Unato Kessen) anime film for September 13.