Comedy Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Tonto-banchou, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

[​IMG]

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life
    Studio: Shin-Ei Animation
    Source: Manga
    Air Date: January 9, 2018

Synopsis

Middle schoolers Nishikata and Takagi-san are engaged in a game of hijinks, where the first one to blush is declared the loser. After years of falling victim to Takagi-san’s pranks, Nishikata vows to make his seatmate blush.

PV

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Glad someone got this.
    Episode one was really cute!

I know I sound like an old man when I say this but "Ahhhh YOUTH!!!!"

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Ending Full - Kimagure Romantic

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Episode 2 was really good. It really gave the middle school feel to the anime.

Holy lord the POOL SCENE! Like it was done right. Because really that's the age where everyone learns more about the opposite sex when it comes to specific details. So for Nishikata to think that Takagi was on her period makes a lot of sense.

However Takagi knew the entire time lol.

I liked the Calligraphy they each had. That was cute.

Aww man I hope these two go on a date or something. That would be great!

ALSO Rie Takahashi's (Takagi) English!!!! SO CUTE!!!!

5. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I really wish I got to hear Rie Takahashi say "I love you" in English. Here's hoping we still get to hear it one day.

This a super cute episode.

I think I would have dropped the can as well Nishikata lol.

This young love is so cute.

I like how Takagi even while teasing enjoys being with Nishikata. Like she could have told him to hop on the back of her bike (even though it's illegal) but she decided to hop off and walk with him. I found that super sweet.

That umbrella walk home though...<333

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Opening「Iwanai Kedo ne」FULL by Yuiko Oohara

#6 Kuze, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This is why you don't make AOTS predictions until the last week or two. Because now after episode 11 of Skilled teaser Takagi...WE HAVE ANOTHER HORSE IN THE RACE FOR AOTS!!! Dude episode 11 was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Takagi-San Review

Story 9/10: For those who keep saying "Oh it's just an anime about a Girl teasing a Boy and the Boy wanting to take revenge" FALSE...well slightly false. While it is true that in the beginning it is mainly about our main character Nishikata being teased by our main heroine Takagi-san and wanting revenge on her, it slowly turns into a development between both middle school kids and their relationship with each other. While Nishikata tried different kind of ways to get back at Takagi he actually goes on to try to improve his body and mind as well. Constantly doing pushups throughout the series in an attempt to become stronger.
    Meanwhile we see a stronger bond form between the two of these kids. Which eventually leads to some victories for Nishikata. Add in the fact that Takagi never crossed the line in my eyes. Never physically or even mentally scarring Nishikata. She knew her boundaries.

Art and Animation 5/10: The art and animation was like watching a better CGI anime at points. It was far from great. However it seemed to fit this anime quite nicely.

Sound and Music 10/10: The opening was really cute and catchy. The endingS were very well done as well. When you get an anime where the Main Girl sings multiple endings I feel like it makes the anime more special. The bgm during the show was rather good as well.

Characters 10/10: Character wise I thoroughly enjoyed both Nishikata and Takagi. They're just two cute kids enjoying their youth. What's not to like about them?

Enjoyment 9/10: I rather enjoyed this anime. I found myself wanting to watch it immediately even though each episode was left with zero cliff hangers. Seriously there was no reasoning to watch the new episode only for the sheer fact that I wanted to watch it.

Overall 9/10: Overall I do not think this anime is for everyone. However it was one of the better Slice of Life/Relaxing anime of the Winter 2018 season. I would give it a Mid/High recommendation.

9. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A new promotional video for the upcoming second season, Teasing Master Takagi-san 2, was streamed. The video reveals that the show will debut on July 7. The show will stream only on Netflix in Japan.

So it'll probably stream later overseas.