Fantasy Kekkai Sensen & Beyond

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis
    Supersonic monkeys, vampires, talking fishmen, and all sorts of different supernatural monsters living alongside humans—this has been part of daily life in Hellsalem's Lot, formerly known as New York City, for some time now. When a gateway between Earth and the Beyond opened three years ago, New Yorkers and creatures from the other dimension alike were trapped in an impenetrable bubble and were forced to live together. Libra is a secret organization composed of eccentrics and superhumans, tasked with keeping order in the city and making sure that chaos doesn't spread to the rest of the world.

Pursuing photography as a hobby, Leonardo Watch is living a normal life with his parents and sister. But when he obtains the "All-seeing Eyes of the Gods" at the expense of his sister's eyesight, he goes to Hellsalem's Lot in order to help her by finding answers about the mysterious powers he received. He soon runs into Libra, and when Leo unexpectedly joins their ranks, he gets more than what he bargained for. Kekkai Sensen follows Leo's misadventures in the strangest place on Earth with his equally strange comrades—as the ordinary boy unwittingly sees his life take a turn for the extraordinary.

SECOND SEASON OF KEKKAI SENSEN

Studios: Bones
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Action, Super Power, Supernatural, Vampire, Fantasy.

(Via MAL)

2. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

I gather there have been some mixed reactions, but I thought that first episode was tremendous fun - it delievered pretty much exactly what I want from the show. Maybe it's the ads for the new Amazon version that put the thought into my head, but it reminded me of the inspired lunacy you used to get in the 90s Tick cartoon.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

BBB Beyond is listed for 12 episodes.

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Great episode. Holy shit the music during Klaus' fight at the end was flawless! Zapp was hilarious and Steven was a badass as well. Really have no idea what Leo was doing with that Phone but it helped Klaus in the end.

I liked how during the episode the "Love" sign was just in shambles. Then at the end it had a picture on the wall where the letters were "Hope" instead of "Love" I really dug that.

5. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

A necessary Chain episode. She is one of the coolest characters in this anime. I guess it had to be Steven for the token. Maybe it was just being a single girl and having someone you care about embarrass you?

I thought it was a cute moment though.

Chain is such a badass <3

6. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

On the strength of this week's episode, I would definitely watch an Invisible Werewolf Squad spinoff. Make it happen guys.

Kerberos likes this.
  7. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

I can describe the latest episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront in one word:

trash

:p

No but seriously this was probably my favourite episode to date. Chain is and always will be best girl and this story was really freaking cool and entertaining with some really fucking next level animation.

Next week is gonna be another adaptation of a manga chapter which is good cause while I do think the anime original episodes (aka s01e09 - s02e03) aren't bad I feel the episodes that were directly adapted from the manga are just a tad stronger.

Overall though I have to say Blood Blockade Battlefront is easily one of my favourite shonen anime.

@Gaff I'd love to see that but I don't think it'll happen. For the most part BBB is still based on the manga by Yasuhiro Nightow and as far as I know there is no spin off manga about Chain and her gang of spunky gun toting pups.

8. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Man Hellsalem's Lot really is a dangerous place all right.

So we finally got a Gilbert-centric episode and ho boy was it ever worth watching. The inscrutible combat butler definitiely deserves the title and then some.

Next week will be another anime original episode. So far those haven't been the best but at least the season 2 ones have been pretty enjoyable in their own right so I'm still excited for next week.

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I actually am enjoying season 2 a little more then season 1. Sometimes it's refreshing to get a week by week amazing show instead of having something happen and then for it not to come back for 5-6 episodes. I mean yeah a plot is always nice so hopefully this season is just more character and city development and season 3 they pop off.

10. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

I strongly doubt there will be a season 3 since the original manga is finished with only 10 volumes and they roughly covered the first five in season 1. So I think this second season will also be the last.

11. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

This week: Go Go Gadget Private Military Contractor!

Kerberos likes this.
  12. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Fake town baby, fake town.

【1日限定公開】UNISON SQUARE GARDEN「fake town baby」

13. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Gonna have to correct myself here. I just found out there's a sequel manga also by Nightow called Blood Blockade Battlefront - Back 2 Back. In fact episodes 1- 3 and episode 7 of this season weren't, as I previously stated, anime original storylines. They were adaptations of chapters from the sequel manga. And with the sequel manga already having four volumes out and still going, the chances of a third season suddenly don't look so slim anymore. Providing of course, season 2 does well.