Sports Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

Aoyama-kun, the footballing prodigy who's an absolute clean-freak. He won't tackle his man, head the ball or do anything that could get his clothes dirty. How long can he keep up with this? Is he really the prodigy that everyone keeps talking about? Tune in to find out.

Trailer:

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

Air Date: Jul 3, 2017

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Fk, football anime is really my kryptonite. This show's got those decent music cues and the flashy animation but the footballing part is pretty kindergarten-esque for now. Most of the comedy was a miss for me (especially that character who kept flashing his abs in public) except for that last bit. Yeah, that was neat. Retro-style ED and quirky characters, this show has promise but I'm not quite sure right now. They need to tone down the comedy in the 2nd episode. Also Aoyama's clean-freak habit is actually a disability (from what I could gather of the 1st ep), so that makes it digestible. I'll stick with it I guess. Too many chibi background girls though.

Much Sakamoto

Stuffed toy is angry

Best scene of the episode

Kek

3. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Episode 1 was alright. This is basically "Haven't you heard im Sakamoto" but with Aoyama dodgeing germs lol.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Haha, I'm starting to get a feel for this show. It's a decent one to follow on a weekly basis. The Op's grown on me too. Bentham looks like a catchy pop-rock band. Plus that insert song is real good.

I was hoping for a match or two but it seems comedy is the priority now. I was gonna drop this show but I guess I fell for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

If only this show was a bit more serious with its football aspect. Got all the cool volleys and dinks but man Aoyama can't be the only one playing in the team.

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun Opening「White / Bentham」潔癖男子!青山くん OP

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I figured Odagiri would be in this episode in some form. But man what a body! *thumbs up*

Yo Moka got skills! I was laughing so hard when she dove, and gave that smirk towards Zaizen.

That Moka and Aoyama moment when he told her he hates Dirty plays...I was like "Yes!!!!! So good"

Though my ship is still in the air, don't know if I want Moka x Aoyama or Odagiri x Aoyama. Hmm with this new girl coming next week which Aoyama yelled at (lol btw) there may be a third potential ship in the mix.

Idk why but I really love when Odagiri just scream out "Shishou!!!" I find it really cute.

The coach has a pretty good body as well. Her otakuness was pretty funny along with her slamming the Judo coach lol.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

@Sora Senpai

Did they start off any regional tournaments yet? And did those 2 characters from the opening song show up yet. Talking about these two characters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

The show seemed to steer away from the soccer tournaments...like it's still there but it turned into a comedy more then a Sports anime.

The Top dude showed up in episode 5 or 6 I believe and the Bottom dude did not show up.

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

What's he about?

11. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Manga Author who writes Aoyama into his stories.

12. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Lol, sounds about right.