Kerberos' Anticipated Anime of Spring 2018

Kerberos counts down his most anticipated anime of the upcoming season.
By Kerberos, Apr 2, 2018 | |
  1. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Kerberos submitted a new Article:

Kerberos' Anticipated Anime of Spring 2018

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Pretty much sums up Fist of the Blue Sky I'd say.

Fam, honestly I've never seen so many headline grabbing shows in one season. Sure, Spring and Fall are the blockbuster seasons of the year, but even these many are a bit overkill.

I think I've finally decided on my four shows for the season. I was reluctantly planning to watch Tokyo Ghoul Re, for want of a better show, but now I think I'll give it a soft pass and watch the new Legend of the Galactic Heroes instead. Plus Golden Kamuy, Megalo Box and Steins Gate Zero were pretty much confirmed. I might pick up Re after the season ends if there is merit to it.

By the way Megalo Box people. You should be watching. At this rate I might be banned for spamming a show way too much.

3. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah I'm not expecting for more out of this one than a guilty pleasure.

I strongly doubt I'll ever get another season as insane as last fall. At one point I was watching 14 shows! And all of them were good to absolutely amazing. I remember dropping anime not because they were bad but simply because they weren't amazing and I had no more space in my line-up. Of the top 10 that I put together at the end of last year more than half were fall anime. And that's not even counting the many great fall anime that didn;t make the list and the ones that were disqualified cause they continued on throguh winter.

Tokyo Ghoul anime is basically Naruto with Ghouls and has never had any remote sign of potential. The manga is great though and definitally somehting you'd enjoy being a gothic horror slice of life story with literarry underpinnings. Steins;Gate Zero should be good if they stick close enough to the VN which it looks like they will. LOGH I'm still sceptical on but that OP did get me somewhat excited so I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. Have you seen the original?

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

No I haven't.

5. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Well I'm pretty sure you don't have to since this is a reboot. The original is pretty damn good but with 110 episodes kind of a high bar of entry. So let's hope this new one turns out well and if not...well you can always watch the original afterwards.