Comedy Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis
    Kobayashi lives alone in an apartment, until one day, Tooru appeared and they ended up living together. Tooru looks down on humans as inferior and foolish, but having been saved by Kobayashi-san, she does everything she can to repay the debt and help her with various things, although not everything goes according to plan.

A mythical everyday life comedy about a hard working office lady living with a dragon girl.
    (VIA MAL)

Here is a PV as well.

2. Matemar

Matemar Corvus

W... what? Dafuq is this?! It's awesome, strange, weird, stupid and uncomfortably cute... all at the same time!

3. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely gonna watch this! I love absurdist comedy. No idea if it'll be good but Im pretty sure Im gonna enjoy it. A lot.

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Cute first episode. The otaku restaurant scene had me in tears lol. Looking forward to the rest.

Shanigami likes this.
  5. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

Agreed, one thing confused me about the restaurant scene though. Tooru said that her clothes were like her scales, which is why she didn't need to wash them, but then how is she able to take them off? I mean as far as I know dragons don't just take their scales off.

Although she was also has a tail that seemingly infinitely regenerates, so maybe I just shouldn't ask any technical questions about this show and just say it's because magic.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I love Kyoani and they cease to amaze me with their animation. I mentioned before that the animation in here is more like Nichijou then Phantom World, Hibike etc and their doing these scenes justice. When Tohru goes after the robber that part was amazing, also when the robber turns around and sees Tohru smiling I freaking lost it.
    Tohru thinking that Kobayashi was cheating on her was hilarious, also when she kinda transformed the animation was really well done there.
    Kamui was super duper adorable, when she was about to "Kill" Kobayashi I was like "AWWWWWW I wanted to squeeze her! lol.

The playing in the field scene was really awesome as well so unexpected and again the animation did it freaking right! Then when they were laying there the music was really amazing and calming.

They then finish it up with a cute moment between Tohru and Kamui with the Eskimo kisses and then them visiting Kabayashi at work lol.
    [​IMG]

7. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

The animation was lovely this week, but I still dunno if I want to stick with this one or not. I'm a bit indifferent about the show otherwise.

8. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

I forgot about this part as well. <33333

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

finally got to winter shows. this looked cute when i scrolled Crunchyroll.

this is a blast! its always fun having a fish out of water story played up. this was also really cute and the art direction is very pleasing.

I've seen the first two episodes and will definitely stick with it.

10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Lucoa's eyes are freaking awesome!
    Really great episode. Tohru finding the photo album was hilarious. Kobayashi tricking Tohru then being scolded by Kanna was great too.

Tohru getting a bath on the roof was super cute. Like'd the Chibi Dragon.

Yay new Dragons! When Tohru opened the door and Fafnir's true form was there I lost it lol.

That Mario Kart and Dark Souls reference though. *thumbs up*

Moe likes this.
  11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai - yep this was cute. all the commotion was awesome. plus respect they have for each other is starting to show through.

12. zoop

zoop New Member

I did not expect to like this. At all.

For all the goofiness, the show's writing is surprisingly intelligent. It's funny as hell, not completely overdone with idiotic fan service, well drawn, cute as fuck, and generally a lot of fun to watch. I like where this is going.

Also, the fact that Kobayashi is a python developer of all things (complete with accurate jargon, no less) made my significant other swoon. Hopefully by the end of the series she'll come out as being a lesbian, and succumb to Tohru's temptations. Tastefully. With class, grace, and refinement. Ahem.

Don't judge me.

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@zoop - yep her being a coder nerd is unique. and i don't know if what you want will happen but id support it :)

zoop likes this.
  14. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

"Otaku" not nerd! Lol

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

i stand corrected :D

makes her homey hot either way :D

16. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Kanna going to school was cute. I also liked how Kanna noticed the amount of money being spent on her going to school and put the little key-chain back. Then Kobayashi bought it for her anyway. So cute.

That dodge-ball game was hilarious...both of them!

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

absolutely!

its a classic culture clash story that lends itself perfectly to comedy. whats nice too is that they mix in serious stuff with tohrus past and kobayashis societal issues. its really got a nice blend overall.

have we met the girl on the left of the first picture in the thread yet?

18. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Not yet! But she looks the cutest in my eyes though. I'm a sucker for black hair and those blue eyes.

19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

:D

i dont know tohrus observer is pretty easy on the eyes :D

20. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Another hilarious episode. Tohru tripping the Chief was pretty funny, and you just knew Kobayashi was aware of what was happening lol. The esp part was pretty funny, the part that got me the most was when
    Tohru teleported to the Magic box on TV, I was crying when she popped out and just rolled out.

Man looks like next week the black hair dragon female still is not introduced. It's been six episodes dammit and in the opening they make her seem really important.

#20 Sora Senpai, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
    Moe likes this.