Comedy Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

lol, those were my favorite parts too. I kept thinking the Chief would stop tripping but it just kept going!

and yeah, I keep wondering when we'll see mermaid/unicorn girl. Hopefully soon.

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

While this was another cute and funny episode, WHERE THE F*** IS ELMA??? It's been Six episodes already and she has yet to appear. She seems pretty important from all the visuals and the OP and ED, but are we not going to see her until episode 8? The preview from 7 didn't show her so I would assume she won't be here next week as well. Bums me out...kind of.

The interaction between Fafnir and Takiya was nice, glad to see them getting along.

My god though...I can see my house being like Takiya's house one day. That Otaku Life.

StrawHats likes this.
  3. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

If nothing else, I liked that Fafnir and Takiya were playing Spy vs. Spy - that was an unexpected choice.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I'm behind a bit on my anime. i just got to ep 5. its so fun watching them all grow together. and now fafnir looks to be a regular! :) im starting to think of black Butler whenever i see him :,D

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

i just finished six. the gaming scenes were fun alright :) and your last comment hits close to home for me too. :D

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Really really good episode. Didn't think the fan service episode would get that deep. Very well done. Also I felt the background music for this episode was spectacular.

Then Comic Market got pretty serious as well. Tohru looks super cute with the wings as well.

Ive been so pissed that Elma has not been introduced, but the fact that the next episode title even says "She's finally appearing huh?" tells me they left her out this long on purpose and they knew what they were doing lol. So I can't be too mad.

#26 Sora Senpai, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - you really got it bad dont you? :D

Yep that definitely surprised me. Just when you figure they went overboard they reel you in with great character development.

8. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Given that the show is clearly not above a saucy joke, I'm surprised at how coy they were about the nature of the materials on sale at Comiket. Maybe it's because they had official permission to use the name...

yoda313 likes this.
  9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Tohru lost some points in my book towards the end of the episode for not only wanting to take out Elma but also putting Kobayashi in harms way as well. I wasn't a huge fan of her Actions this entire episode actually.

Elma is LOVE, she's hard-working and actually makes progress. I really enjoyed her development in this episode. Also her love for cream bread <3

Lucoa and Fafnir eye art and animation were crazy. Lucoa and Fafnir were pretty funny during that cook off as well.

[​IMG]
    EMBRACE THE MOENESS!!!

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - you finally got your wish :)

I liked it all the way around. Its hard to believe it can be slapstick and still have big character moments at the same time.

Kana-chan is just too adorable. And its just cute to see the changes in kobayashi too.

#30 yoda313, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  11. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Yo Episode 9 brought me to tears. Basically Kobayashi reminded me of my parents, and is an inspiration on how to be a parent eventually.

I love Kobayashi so much.

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

A great Christmas episode. I loved how Tohru was not happy about celebrating "His" Birthday lol. Also their views on Santa Clause had me crying lol.

They seriously put a fireplace in Kanna's room! Haha Nice

The play was pretty funny, Fafnir is hilarious but he's so monotone, but I love it!

Kobayashi is such an awesome person, with all the lovable characters in this anime I feel as though she is underrated. Her trying to get that resent in Kanna's stocking was cute and hilarious.

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - what i love about this series is how they push it and then pull it back. They go overboard but just a hair and pull it back :)

14. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Damn man New Year's episodes always make me feel some type of way, and this one delivered.

We got to at least hear form Kobayashi's mother, and we saw the back of Tohru's father (I would assume) which was pretty cool. Pretty hilarious episode overall though.

What kind of through me for a loop was when Kobayashi threw the orange peel away and she flash backed to winning the kotatsu...idk it seemed like ti didn't fit at that moment. If anything maybe it was her realizing that her vacation is over and so it Kotatsu time.

On a side note Fafnir and Takiya's brotherhood is extremely underrated. When he was stocking that Curry, and Fafnir was basically like "Yo..." and Takiya reassures him that "it's Mild" Fafnir is so pleased, it was hilarious. The two most underrated characters in this anime in my opinion, especially Fafnir.

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - i wouldn't call them underrated id call them underutilized. But with such a large cast its bound to happen.

16. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Best show of the winter season. This Episode put Miss Kobayashi over the top.
    Art, Animation, Characters, Music, all sheer brilliance.
    The Balance of seriousness and comedy was fantastic.
    Tohru struggling with her inner self was freaking deep.
    Her father showing up and basically creating havoc was pretty cool.

The highlight of the episode was Kobayashi popping off after the father hit her. I was like "Yo! GET HIS ASS KOBAYASHI!!!!!" So powerful!!!!

10/10 and easily best show of the season.

Easily can Make an OVA out of the ending meeting Kobayashi's parents.

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - 100% agree
    just like we need a familiar of zero finale shiwing them meeting his parents in our world

It's funny i think of this as a comedy first but i keep forgetting how much character development they put into this.

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I dont know when it came out but theres a valentine day episode! Super cute :)

And a real spoiler here
    kobayashi and tohru hold hands at the end!!!!

19. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

yes! its the best omg!

20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I also liked the
    explanation of why the dragon ladies are so well endowed :D it was cute too with kobayashi wondering what she'd look like as a dragon. :)