Drama Koi to Uso (Love and Lies)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Genre: Drama, Romance, School.

Studio: LIDENFILMS

Source: Manga

Synopsis
    Lies are forbidden and love is doubly forbidden. In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government. People don't have to go through the trouble of looking for someone, and everyone accepts that the country will find a compatible partner to make them happy. Yukari Nejima is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But within him, he hides a heart burning with passion! In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?

(VIA Myanimelist)

#1 Sora Senpai, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Koi to Uso first episode hits streaming on July 4th.

3. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Wow I am surprised how much I like Lilina. I know it won't last because I am team Takasaki all the way but I really enjoyed her in this episode.

Yuusuke is garbage though, why are you trying to start shit man?

4. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

I used to read the manga for this, only recently learned the anime adaptation was coming out for it.

It's a good story, just relies way too much on cliffhangers and triangle-drama, but both the love interests are good grills. Also, there's sometimes some cuck-shit themes.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Koi to Uso Opening Theme Official Video

"Kanashii Ureshii (かなしいうれしい)" by Frederic (フレデリック)

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Part of me wants to say "I don't care who he ends up with" because I like both Ririna and Misaki.

But god damn it has to be MISAKI!!!! Like come on man go against the government f**k the rules and be with your woman!

I'm actually surprised Ririna hasn't done anything YET to make me dislike her.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Fuck man FUCK! I love Misaki and nothing will change that, but I really REALLY like Ririna. Her curiosity was really funny when she was reading those books, and her new friend is really cute.

Damn there's some behind this scene shit going on though! That Chick definitely sent Yukari that fake text message. But where to go from here? Maybe Yukari is a test subject for the government? That would be pretty neat.

I think we need to ask ourselves now: Is Nisaka gay for Yukari? or Does Nisaka have a partner as well?

8. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Why are both Misaki and Ririna so freaking Likable?! I mean 7 episodes in and I don't hate either of them! Granted I like Misaki a lot more then Ririna but damn Ririna has her fine points as well.

Man this anime has me feeling some type of way. Like I thought I saw a conclusion for this show, but now I'm not quite sure after hearing what White haird government dude had to say.

9. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Koi to Uso ED Full「Can't you say」by Roys