Adventure Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

The second season of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

(Source: ANN)

Trailer:

Air Date: Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

The return of the God MC, mister Hentai, Oppai king...KA-ZU-F#CKING-MA!
    The return of the useless Goddess beauty, blue haired air-head...A-Q-U-A!

Paired with the Crimson Demon; Megumin, a.k.a. EXPLOOOOSIOOON! and the sadomasochistic Knight; Darkness a.k.a. Lewd Lalatina.
    And ofcourse from the looks of it, some new characters and returning ones (Wiz, YunYun, Eris.)

Maybe you can't tell...but i'm pretty stoked for this one. I re-watched the first season past 2 days, and just finished the OVA...again. (On a side note, one of the best damn OVA's ever.) And I must say, after watching the PV the first time, I thought "hai hai, Kazuma desu" was done by a different voice actor? Couldn't find nothing other than, that it will be the same VA, thank god. But it sounds so different in the pre-view...I took notice that other people thought so as well...

Still...I know I shouldn't get my hopes up so high, I know...but I really feel, that this season could top the first one. I also checked on the numbers of eps airing, this season. But all I got was ?? So, I'm trying to see that in a positive light. Cause 10 and only 1 OVA a year isn't enough dammiittt!

3. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

My hype was accurate AF!!! What a way to open the second season...not one single flaw...10/10!
    I mean it, I can't remember me having a grin and laughing out loud so much, throughout one damn episode! The music, the silly animation, (those facial expressions though!) the little touches to earlier eps...it was perfect...

The whole breakout thing and Kazuma being the god MC that he is, acting so devilish during the hearing had me lol...but damn when they questioned the witnesses during trial? It had me almost in tears.

But even story wise, this anime is doing great...Bringing up the family of Darkness (...Lalatina :)) and the connection to the demon king via Wiz...I mean who would've thought that a adventure/comedy like this would p0wn a lot of anime on that!

Everything was spot on...from the Star Wars like intro (that's how you recap a season people!) to the guards seizing all of Kazuma's property (again a great simple touch they did with his track suit lol.) And that brings me to my only main concern...how in the hell can you top this, or continue on like this? Anywho...

KAZUMA! KAZUMA! KAZUMA! KAZUMA!

Shanigami likes this.
  4. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Ahhh this episode reminded me how much I HATE Aqua.

5. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

6. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

DON'T SAY IT! :oops:

But yeah, great first episode. I also lol'd at how Kazuma refers to his death in the star wars recap as a tragic car accident, instead of the embarrassing tractor accident.

I also loved the ED. It's hilarious!

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Thanks god they went back to season 1 director. Episode 2 was great and much much better.

Overall a good episode, Kazuma called Megumin cute which was nice, and that bath scene was great.

Chunosuke playing with Wiz's breasts was hilarious.

8. Shanigami

Gold Founder

From what I hear, they might be alternating between directors every episode, or that might be a different staff position, I'm not completely sure.

I didn't really get this scene, and why Megumin seemed mad about it. Someone on Reddit said it was because it was like Kazuma was saying that she was worse than Yun Yun in every other way. Idk, what do you think?

Episode 2 was great though. I had quite a few good laughs. So many parts I need to clip and screenshot. Once I get them done I'll post them here for you guys to admire. In the meantime though, I have a link to some translator notes about episode 2 which explains some of the jokes that might not be translated super accurately or might not be understood.

http://imgur.com/a/Q8YM0

JoJo likes this.
  9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

That would make the most sense actually.

Also found it
    [​IMG]

Shanigami likes this.
  10. Shanigami

Gold Founder

I think my favorite thing about that gif is that it's a perfect loop. Also that everything in it is completely still except for one spot lol.

11. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Episode 2 was definitely on par with the first one, if not better. Great to see they brought back the frogs...and this time even funnier lol. I mean even why they came out, into this cold winter time is funny (I'm looking at you Megumin.)

The bath scene with the loli remark, and actually the whole back and forth between Kazuma and Megumin was pure gold. Didn't get a lot to see what's happened to Darkness, but I'm sure we haven't heard the last of her yet.

Second 10/10 episode...of to a great start

12. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Nice to see that Deen remembered to pay the animators this week. Either that or they were sober...

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

When Megumin was holding herself in place with the Staff I lost it. So funny.

14. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Finally got around to taking some screenshots and making gifs from parts in ep 2. I'll try to put them in order of appearance.
    Stills first:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Yes, Yes they are.
    [​IMG] I didn't even notice the first time, but Aqua has the dark bubble of depression around her lol. Hard to tell, but Sena might have one too.

And now the Gifs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope everyone enjoyed these moments as much as I did :LOL:

Edit: also check out my sig, another great gif!

#14 Shanigami, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    JoJo and Kuze like this.
  15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@Shanigami I did not like that one with me in the spoiler tag...Aqua is trash.

16. Shanigami

Gold Founder

aw, thought you might enjoy seeing her cry after being eaten by a frog (again)...in like a mean way, because you hate her. oh well.

17. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I really enjoyed this episode. It actually ended on a somewhat positive note. They got themselves a boatload of treasure even though most is probably gone.

A lack of Megumin but that's okay.

The beginning made me laugh with the explosion song lol.

Wtf is going on with Darkness lol.

18. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

TEAM AQUA!!!

Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Turn Undead! Nature's Beauty! Turn Undead! Turn Undead!

Another good episode...not as perfect as the first 2, but damn entertaining, that's for sure.
    Even the little side story with the Lich dude protecting his waifu, was kinda needed and pretty decent as well.
    My favorite moment was when (King MC) Kazuma asked Aqua, if she really could see as good in the dark, as she say she does...with the follow up question being with all the "rustling" (God MC) Kazuma was doing at night in the stables...LE-GEN-DARY!

Megumin swinging around her staff, outside of the dungeon was pretty cute 2, and of course the whole la-la-la thing at the beginning...the panty snatching at the end...(No. 1 MC) Kazuma yapping about his debt, get's loot, spends it on liquor with his homies...epic stuff

Solid 8/10

19. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@JoJo There ya go lol

#19 Sora Senpai, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  20. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

LOLLLS^^

Ima just come out now...and just say it...this is hands down,,,the best...god damn comedy anime...ever,,,created.
    What pulled the win, was when Darkness (i'm in love with her now...and Aqua....and Megumin...) said
    Kazuma's child is growing inside of me

This was great yet again. Such a simple side-story, so much laughter and cleverly done scenes with goofy animation and yet, even at times looking stunning. The mixture between Kazuma's over the top facial expressions vs Darkness beauty (especially this episode) was outstanding.
    Studio Deen has something very valuable in their hands. I'm hoping for a classic season with much profit...cause I can watch this all season...every season.

9/10