Drama Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Trailers
    :

Air Date: Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

I'm hoping this is gonna be a beautiful anime. The story is really good, I wanted to read the manga but stopped when I heard the anime was coming out. The animation looks fantastic.

3. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I knew what I was getting into when I started this, but my god my heart was aching and breaking during this episode. It's just so different from any Love story or Drama I have seen. I don't want to say it's a breath of fresh air because it is kind of a disappointing plot, but really it is something fresh.

The opening and Ending were amazing and the animation was fantastic.

J4sm1n4 likes this.
  4. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

@Sora Senpai I totally agree with you! Honestly i was going into this with low expectations, but damn now I think this anime has potential to be the best this season! Loved the first episode! I'm totally going to read the manga too!

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

So what really was so good about the first episode, apart from the animation and sound? Just spoil it for me in spoiler tags.

6. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

There's a boy and a girl, who are classmates, and they have feelings for an older girl and older boy (the boy is a long time family friend.) But the feelings are not mutual, (yet) and so the younger ones begin a relation with each other, cause it seems the ones they actually in love with, are kinda seeing each other. It get's pretty weird and it gives a lot of incestie vibes...it's creeping me out how the young girl calls the (thank Jesus not blood related) older boy "brother" all the time...And the young couple are now doing stuff with each other, with their eyes closed, thinking about the ones they actually want to do it with...soooo, that's kinda different I guess

It is pretty though...love the big white frames around the scenes, making it look like an anime painting or something. And the humor is so out of place, and really comes out of left field, that it makes me laugh. I guess it's better being laughed at that not laughing at all am I right?

#6 JoJo, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Ahem...doesn't sound like my choice of poison.

JoJo likes this.
  8. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

@Kuze that's what I thought at first, I didn't think I'd like it very much but after watching the first episode I really liked it. You should at least watch the first episode.

Who knows, maybe you'll like it too. And then we can rename it Kuze no Honkai :p

If you end up not liking it that's fine too, everyone has different tastes. And then you can say "Told you so" to me :)

Kuze likes this.
  9. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Well, seems like these two kids are on a hopeless adventure.

What's actually interesting is the outcome but I don't think I'll be sticking with this show. Subliminally acidic stuff. No doubts this mature take on a complicated relationship is gonna make waves this season. I was looking forward to understanding the story from the viewpoint of the "brother" in the following episodes at first but now I feel that it's not much of an incentive enough to stick with the whole show. I guess this genre is not for me.

That netorare tho.

Shanigami likes this.
  10. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Oh well, at least you tried it. You forgot to say "Told you so"

Kuze likes this.
  11. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Really pretty anime I likes both the ending and op. It's a different kind of anime not your typical love story, I like it so far. I am excited to see where it goes.

As honest as these two MC are with each other they are not honest with their feelings completely. It's going to bite them in the ass in the end. I dont see this ending well for either of them really. It is a pretty unhealthy and maybe even a bit lazy way of dealing with their problems.

12. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Yeah, I don't see it ending well @Narilka . It's definitely not healthy but I can understand why they do it. I feel like this is something that happens a lot in the real world, with the only difference being that usually only one person is a replacement, and is unaware of it. Compared to that, what these two are doing seems somewhat healthier since they are both aware of and consenting to it, but it also feels like it would be more soul-crushing that way.

Also, based on the OP/ED it seems like there will be another person who joins the group. Interested to see how that will turn out.

13. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

@Shanigami I can't say for certain if I would or would not behave the same if I had similar circumstances, it's natural to want to be with someone. But being alone and happy with yourself is a good thing and the MC don't seem to be happy with themselves. I don't think they are facing their issues and it shows their inexperience in relationships.

I also this it will come crashing down on them and will end bady and I also hope they learn from this and the MC not end up together. The second episode was good, I dislike the pigtailed girl her personality gets on my nerves. I love her fighting spirit though. Ecchan is one of my favorites and hopefully she continues to be.

14. Shanigami

Gold Founder

@Narilka True. Being happy with yourself is important for a good/happy/healthy life, and lacking that seems to be what is really causing all of this. Although obviously people can't be happy with themselves all the time, which is fine, but the fact that they enable each other in feeling that way is what's preventing them from moving on imo (although I guess you could also argue that they had been feeling that way for a while before they got together).

Feels kind of weird to be psychoanalyzing an anime lol, but I overanalyze stuff in anime a lot so it's nice to have something like this that feels well thought out. Makes me think maybe the author went through this or something like it.

Anyways: Episode 2!
    I was a little hesitant going into it, as I wasn't sure it would measure up to how good ep 1 seemed. Luckily for me, it was just as good (y).
    -Hanabi and Mugi's relationship is getting more complicated as it seems their feelings towards each other are changing somewhat.

-I liked how Hanabi was mad at how those other girls only cared about the "specs" of a guy.

-Apparently Mugi did something bad in the past with Minagawa sensei. I'm sure we'll learn more about that soon.

-Moka and Ecchan obviously are in love with their friends, although it's not really the same situation for Moka, since there isn't a big "thing" preventing her and Mugi from being together other than him just not liking her that way.

-Ecchan making the moves on Hanabi! What will happen? Find out next week! Cliffhangers man :mad:

And that ending song. It's so good with this series. I love Sayuri's voice. It was almost enough to keep me watching Ranpo Kitan from a few seasons ago because she did the ED for it.

Narilka likes this.
  15. Shanigami

Gold Founder

lol, saw a post on reddit that aptly describes the Hanabi/Ecchan development this episode
    When the shoulder touch happened I was mostly like "eeyyyyyyy lmao"

Then she appeared more and I was like "eeyyy lmao"

Then she started fidgeting around her and I was like "eyy... ey..."

Then she was at the door and I was like "EY. EY."

Then THAT happened and I was like "EY THIS IS FUCKED LMAO"

16. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Why is pigtails in this show? Also Hanabi is kind of a Savage lol.
    Kinda had a feeling when Ecchan entered the shower she swayed towards the Female side. Damn though they kind of jumped right into it, no lead up or anything just "Hey sleepover, lets kiss."

Also the op and ed are perfect.

Also NARUTO Opening in Karaoke lol

#16 Sora Senpai, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  17. Shanigami

Gold Founder

You mean Moka? I thought it was pretty obvious that she's
    Ecchan's counterpart, and is in love with Mugi. Or was there some reason you asked that?
    And yeah, Hanabi has some great dialogue.

yeah, one of the things I really like about this show is all the little subtle details they put in to character behaviors to show how they feel/think, without even saying anything.

Agreed, and oh yeah I completely forgot about that lol, that was funny.

18. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@Shanigami I just felt like Moka was out of place, like a pretty serious anime with a bubbly tsundere girl entering the mix. Idk just felt weird.

19. Shanigami

Gold Founder

@Sora Senpai Ah, I see what you mean by that. I feel like she's a good addition though, since her personality is the opposite of Hanabi's and I think it would start to feel boring if all of the characters had similar personalities. Having one loud, energetic character adds some contrast to the cast, and also helps break up the tone of the episode so that it doesn't just feel like depressing suffering all the time (don't know if that was the intention or not, but that's kind of what it does for me).

Also, because of her personality, she starts fights with Hanabi (whereas if she was more like Hanabi, Mugi, or Ecchan, she would be quiet and not say much to someone she doesn't like), and that conflict results in dialogue that gives Hanabi a reason to talk and show her personality in a way different from how she would with Mugi or Ecchan, which is nice.

20. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

F*** man this anime just keeps digging its plot and it's FREAKING incredible!
    The Yuri scene was fantastic and the fall out, while shitty, was well written.
    Now there's like a hardcore love triangle when you add in the Yuri, but also with Hanabi trying to love Mugi as well.
    Man that bedroom scene was....Jeeze.
    Mugi is blinded...I've seen guys like this before it sucks when they won't listen to you when you're telling them the truth.

That Teacher seems like a bitch anyway.

Though the Middle School girl that Mugi was banging in the Flashback *thumbs up* Dynamite body.

Music and Animation with a solid performance yet again.