Drama Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

This anime I feels is screaming to be analyzed more so than some others... So here is more analyzing:p.

Well, my poor Ecchan I believe she fell for the wrong girl, but you can't help who you fall for. As we see with our main characters have this problem.

Hanabi really wasn't too bad in this episode, I liked her in this episode and it felt realistic how she handled the situations given her circumstances.

I especially enjoyed it when Hanabi ignored pigtails, probably petty of me to think so but eh.

I wonder how trashy the female teacher will actually be in the end of this cause she is showing some pretty good signs of doing so in this episode.

I felt for Mugi when his first girl left him but he was too young to be handling those type of emotions in the first place so I feel he brought that upon himself.

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

My respect and "bad feelings" for Ecchan have decreased after this episode. She's kind of a bitch. First of all Stalker much? Then you basically force her to do things. Yeah Hanabi says "it's fine" but you even say "I'm going to take what I want for what you did to me." LIKE WHAT? If it wasn't for Akane being in this episode Ecchan would be hated by me now. Also Hanabi is at fault for not stopping as well so she disappointed me.

HOWEVER AKANE is in this episode and she is a STRAIGHT BITCH. My god there's a difference between hating someone and their characters and just freaking despising that character.
    She was already a bitch at the end of the last episode and now she's fucking SUPER bitch after this. Just toying with Mens feelings, thats Sick.

A lack of Mugi in the episode sucked as well. Hanabi made me somewhat happy when she didn't tell him because it would just make her feel better, but dammit it he needs to be consoled too because he's just as messed up as she is.

3. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Yeah, but I guess if I had to name one thing that this show displays perfectly (which also applies to real life) is how egocentric and selfish people are. Especially when it comes down to things like desire, lust etc.
    I mean Hanabi could've said no...was given the chance to say no...but I guess somewhere she still was curious about Ecchan.
    I don't think that the feelings Ecchan has for Hanabi was what drove Hanabi to go ahead with the bedroom action. I think deep down she just needed her thirst quenched lol.

In that way she doesn't differ much from Akane...I mean she sleeps around, cause she likes the attention and yes, she is a total bitch for doing that, and playing with a man's emotions like that. But Hanabi just did that to Ecchan to right?

I'm kinda glad I gave this another shot...the animation and style are stunning...they dropped the "Brother" bombs a good amount, and the characters are really colorful. Ecchan and the first love of Mugi (forgot her name) are my 2 favs for now. But I really don't have a character that I dislike...if I had to choose it would be "Brother."

Yes...this is really sex driven...yes, things will get complicated...yes, i'm still grossed out by the fact she calls him "Brother." But i'm actually enjoying myself with this one...it's even one of the better ones this season

#23 JoJo, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Character wise I don't think there is a bad one. However I HATE Sensei.

5. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

Wow, watched ep 3 &4 and A LOT happened.

Hanabi & Ecchan:
    So first we get Ecchan's backstory and see how she fell in love with Hanabi which was nice. Then Ecchan makes her move on Hanabi, which while I won't say was nice or anything, It pretty much fit the tone of the rest of the series so far, so it wasn't too bad. You could really tell how shaken up Hanabi was afterwords when she's walking back from the store and passes Moka and doesn't even say anything. BUT THEN, in episode 4 Ecchan comes back for round 2. But now Hanabi is stuck; she can't say no to Ecchan because she thinks if she does then she won't have Ecchan as a friend anymore (which is probably true), plus she feels bad about not being able to return her love, but at the same time she doesn't love Ecchan and although Ecchan says she would be fine with being Hanabi's replacement, it doesn't seem like it works for her since Ecchan is a girl. Nevertheless, she gives in to Ecchan in order to fill her void (dat innuendo though :p), although she feels bad about it later.

Hanabi & Mugi:
    Hanabi goes to Mugi to be comforted after round 1 with Ecchan, and do their usual stuff, although it seems they went a little further this time than they have before. It was nice how they added a few cute/funny parts in there to mix up the tone, but then Hanabi made her sad face and said she wanted to try loving Mugi. This obviously shows that their relationship is changing (for Hanabi at least), because she is starting to care more about Mugi, which is also shown when she wonders to herself how he can't see how bad of a person Akane is, and when she decides not to go to his place again in ep 4 because telling him about Akane and Kanai-sensei would make him feel bad.

Akane:
    OH GOD! That just came out of nowhere. I originally thought that only the students were going to be messed up in this show, but no, turns out the seemingly perfect Minagawa-sensei is a sociopath. I was suspicious of her at the end of episode 3 at the restaurant (as I'm sure most people were), but then we got her backstory and she went full evil mode. Don't really know what else to say about her, but I hope we get to see more about her that makes her seem more human and less evil villain. Was interesting how she only sees value in someone if someone else sees value in them.

Mugi:
    Saw some stuff about a past "girlfriend". Not exactly sure of the significance yet, but it seemed like the end of it was hard for Mugi, so I wonder if that's got something to do with how he ended up in love with Akane.

Hanabi:
    Pretty much said everything already, but I also thought it was interesting to see how she realizes that what she's doing isn't good, and that she's essentially the same as Akane in that she's with people she doesn't love in order to fulfill her emotional needs. Although she's obviously different in that she isn't as malicious about it. It also seemed like she was legitimately considering trying to have an actual relationship with Mugi, but it doesn't seem like he feels the same way unfortunately.

@JoJo I disagree with a lot of what you said. (No offense or anything, just wanted to give my thoughts)
    I think Ecchan's feelings played a big part in what happened between them, and the rest was due to Hanabi being in a vulnerable state after seeing Kanai-Sensei confess to Akane and being unable to be comforted by Mugi. I think Hanabi couldn't have said no, because if she did she would lose Ecchan, and that coupled with her mental state resulted in her just giving in to it.
    I assume the stuff about sleeping around for attention and stuff is about Akane and not Hanabi (but the way you wrote it reads like you're saying it about Hanabi to me), but I definitely wouldn't say that Hanabi did the same thing to Ecchan. Ecchan was the one the instigated it, and knows that Hanabi doesn't love her, and why Hanabi was with Mugi before she instigated, so I feel that the majority of the responsibility for what happened is on Ecchan.
    I don't think this series is sex driven at all. Sex isn't what the show is focused around, it's just something that happens, and it only happens to show character development in a way that isn't forced and makes sense with the story. But I do agree that this show is one of the best this season (y).
    I know right? At the end of ep 4 I thought, "Just push her out the window" lol.

#25 Shanigami, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
    JoJo and Narilka like this.
  6. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

JoJo and Shanigami like this.
  7. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Sorry, and thanks for tagging everything for me. It didn't seem like the spoiler rules were being enforced so I just kind of gave up since I didn't see anyone else doing it, but I'll do it from now on (y).

StrawHats likes this.
  8. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

@Shanigami none taken lol...

I see you're points, and I can understand you're view on things...But I mean, it goes back to when I said that all these characters (except maybe Brother) are egocentric scumbags.
    IMHO it doesn't make it okay, to sleep with a girl, who has feelings for you...only for the sake of not losing her as a friend...in my eyes you're in the same category as Akane, who does it (judging by what we've seen so far) for attention and destroying other girls crushes...Sure if you have certain levels of scumbagness, Akane tops Hanabi, but that doesn't make her (Hanabi) an angel.

And yeah, maybe her mental state, also helped in making the decision to sleep with Ecchan, but then isn't it just plain selfish? I mean, if you now this isn't going anywhere cause you've got feelings for "Brother" (don't remember his real name lol) and you're sleeping with Mugi as a substitute for him...It really comes down to Hanabi fulfilling her own desires, which is yet again, a selfish move.

Plus, Ecchan isn't an angel either...she is kinda a stalker, and what you said about Hanabi being in a vulnerable state...doesn't that make it even worst? Then Ecchan is just taking advantage of the situation IMO.

And Hanabi must've been somewhat curious, cause otherwise it's kinda a rape case, if she didn't want it I guess? Maybe i'm seeing that one completely black & white. But combine that thought with the fact that these are teens, with raging hormones and maybe a bit curious at that point, makes it seem to me that Hanabi wanted it also outta curiosity and simple and plain desires. Those are just assumptions though...But that's what I caught from that whole scene.

I hope I've made it more clear how I meant it this way lollls...got me on my thinking game:LOL: Just know, I understand where you're coming from,and I'm always in for some anime discussions(y)

And for the sex driven part...it certainly adds to developing the story and characters...but you can't deny that it is a big theme in these last 4 episodes lol.

And yeah, this is one of my favs this season so far...I mean the colors and animation are beautiful, the music an VA are great and the story (thus far anyway) interesting. Matter of fact, this whole season is surprising the hell out of me. And I don't know about you, but I certainly can't wait till episode 5:sneaky:

P.S. Sorry didn't notice I was spoiling anything...one love

#28 JoJo, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Shanigami likes this.
  9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Jesus...every freaking week with this anime! It's INSANE!
    Hanabi just constantly thinking about Akane even when in bed with Ecchan.
    Then we get plenty of Mugi moments...FINALLY!
    Calling up the ex though...damn that was craze but awesome.
    Then for Hanabi and Mugi to make out and know exactly they were with someone else...I think there definitely was some jealously there.
    There was DEFINITELY jealously when Mugi saw the bite mark was not his...I thought it was cool how he claimed back what is his. Though he's a freaking savage for stating "What you don't want the other one to see it?" DAMN DUDE!

He even let up while they were trying to have sex. he stopped covered Hanabi up and tried to console her. When he said Your wrong or Stupid (I forget exactly what he said) for having sex so bad, I kind of agreed with him. She was pretty hesitant before and basically wanted to rush right into it. He obviously saw Hanabi in pain as well.

MUGI CARES ABOUT YOU HANABI!!!

Her laying in bed alone killed me. I get you have some shit going on but you HAD MUGI IN BED WITH YOU! Ugh I wanted to shake Hanabi in this episode.

Needless to say though Akane is still and will always be a f*****g bitch. She gets her rocks off when Narumi calls her "Hana" Like come on bitch you're an ADULT! Then your going to drop that non-sense to her at the end? Jesus dude savage level over 100%

Honestly at this point I'm not shipping anyone, I just hope no one; Kills themselves, or Murders someone...unless it's Akane getting murdered.
    [​IMG]

10. Shanigami

Gold Founder

I agree with both of these. BUT, see below

This was the main point I was trying to make. Hanabi definitely isn't blameless in all of this (because in this show, no one is), but she obviously didn't want to be with Ecchan (at first anyway), but Ecchan took advantage of the situation and Hanabi to fulfill her desires without any regard for the effect it would have on Hanabi. Which in my opinion is A LOT worse than what Hanabi did.

ehh, maybe. I'm definitely not an expert on human interactions or analyzing shows, so you could actually be right, but I didn't really get the feeling that Hanabi was curious about that at all, so I guess it's just a difference of opinion on this one.

Agreed

I gotcha (y)

JoJo and StrawHats like this.
  11. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Episode 5

Hanabi
    Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly what this meant. It was either that she's just thinking about Akane a lot because of what happened in ep 4 and she's mad about it, or I also thought it might have to do with Hanabi thinking that she's just like Akane now and that somehow translated into seeing her instead of Ecchan. Not too much of a difference either way I guess.

Mugi
    I thought it was interesting that Mugi knows what Akane is like, but put a positive-ish spin on it and still likes her. Although he doesn't actually know how she REALLY is, so it's not really any differnt from not knowing about her.

I also thought it was cool how they show his point of view, where he thinks he knows all about Akane, but can't tell Hanabi because she wouldn't understand. I think it would be really interesting for him to try to explain it to Hanabi, only to have Hanabi try to explain how she really is (although that might come across to Mugi as Hanabi not understanding so idk).

The stuff with his old girlfriend was interesting, although I still don't really know what to make of it. The stuff she said made it seem like she used him as a replacement for someone else, or she just felt bad for showing him what Akane was like, or both.

Mugi & Hanabi
    Seems like the two of them are having more feeling for each other (and recognizing it), but because of that they are being less honest and hiding things from each other, which is kind of a weird contrast to see.

I didn't really feel like there was any jealously going on there, but maybe that's just me. As for the part you quoted, I wasn't sure if he was talking about the "other person" or about Onii-chan. I'm guessing you're right and it was about Ecchan, because Oni-chan wouldn't be able to see the mark where it was.

Interesting that Hanabi couldn't "go all the way" with Mugi despite the fact that she's realized that she likes him, but she's got a lot going through her head right now so it's not that suprising. Mugi did show how considerate he is in that scene though. But then he tells Hanabi there's something wrong with her (which he wasn't wrong), which made her mad and start to leave, and then for some reason Mugi decides that right then is the time for him to ask if Hanabi wants to date for real, which was a big mistake imo (the timing of it anyway). And then Hanabi goes back home and is sad by herself :(

Akane
    So, not only does she have this obsession with having men love her, she also wants her life to be "exciting", which explains why she stirs up so much trouble. Kind of weird that she decided to be a teacher though since there are plenty of other professions she could have chosen that are more exciting, unless her goal was to hook up with students, or just cause drama with them because of that experience she had in highschool.

I was wondering if there was something more to this. It seems like kind of a stretch, but what if Narumi actually is in love with Hanabi? It doesn't really seem like it, because if he did I don't think he would have confessed to Akane (unless he's secretly using her as a replacement for Hanabi or something), and when he said her name instead of Akane it didn't seem like there was any romantic feeling behind it and they even explained the context with the flashback at the beginning. BUT, Narumi is the only boring character in this show (I don't count Moka since she doesn't get any screentime, and in the little that she has had, she's been more developed than Narumi) and I wouldn't be suprised if we got some development on him at some point. If he doesn't have any feelings for Hanabi though, I don't get why Akane focuses so much on him talking about her, it has to be more than just "it turns her on" or something.

I didn't really think this episode was all that "bad" compared to others, it just had a few bits of dialogue that were kind of heavy. But then that ending happened and I died a little. If Akane keeps doing stuff like that she's going to get stabbed by someone one day.

Also I keep wondering when/if Moka will ever get added into the action.

StrawHats likes this.
  12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@Shanigami
    In reference to your Mugi spoiler.
    When it comes to his Senpai, I think (along with some others) that he had sex with Senpai because he didn't want to unleash his sexual desires onto Hanabi. This was he couldn't hurt her emotionally. Which you kind of see later when he stops when she suddenly feels pain.

And about the Akane Spoiler.
    I agree I think Narumi does have some feelings for Hanabi as well, but due to her being a "kid" he probably can't come to terms with his feelings. Notice how aggressive he becomes when Akane mentions Hanabi.

StrawHats and Shanigami like this.
  13. Shanigami

Gold Founder

@Sora Senpai
    Mugi
    Well I know why he went to be with his Senpai in the present, it was because he and Hanabi had a rule that they wouldn't go all the way, which Mugi mentioned later in the episode when Hanabi told him to. What I'm wondering about is what the relationship with the Senpai was like in the past -since it doesn't seem like they were a "real" couple- and how that affected them. Because the Senpai obviously didn't want to go have sex with Mugi, but she did anyway, so that implies there's some kind of big story there that hasn't been told yet.

I do agree with what you said about him not wanting to unleash his sexual desires on Hanabi though, since Mugi himself said the sexual stuff he thought about her made him "feel disgusted and sad".

Akane
    ok good, it's not just me lol.

StrawHats likes this.
  14. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Well episode 5 was a steamy one lol..

Some great (sexy) scenes, showcasing yet again, how selfish and lustful these people are...and I'm loving it. I mean, we've been fed all this cute and shy mumbo jumbo for all these years, so it's refreshing to see how direct & to the point these characters are...Sure in some cases (this episode for sure) they go a little bit overboard IMO, with the sex stuff, but it's also what makes the characters who they are and a great tool to further complicate, their allready complicated relations.

Also glad we got to see some (still not enough) from Mugi's ex...she's hot

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Agreed about Mugis ex. She's smokin.

JoJo likes this.
  16. Narilka

I continue to like how the season has been progressing. I really wasn’t sure how it was going to go but I have been pleasantly surprised how well the characters have been portrayed. The acting is really good and very believable in a lot of areas that a lot of anime do not do well on. But it is possible that it might be intentional that they don’t.

Ecchan has been quite aggressive in pursuing Hanabi, I am a little thrown back by how she has been behaving. I don’t believe that Hanabi ever thought of her other than a dear friend before Ecchan approached her. Both Hanabi and Ecchan have shown to be very selfish. Hanabi I see as possibly being a little less selfish that Ecchan this time, because it shows how much she truly values and cherishes Ecchan’s relationship. She also might have been a little scared of losing her relationship if she did not give in. Not saying that Hanabi didn’t get anything out of it, she certainly has her fair share of the blame for their relationship getting out of control like it has. Ecchan is still my girl but I am disappointed in her in how she pursued the unrequited romantic like she did.

Finally we get to see more of Mugi and get inside his head a little bit. And I agree with Sora that he most likely called Sempai so he wouldn’t try anything further with Hanabi than what was already agreed upon. However, I wish he would find another way to release his energy. I have bad feelings about his Sempai. The more I see of Mugi I find him to be a little bit bland, but I think that might have been caused partly at least by his early sexual relationship with his Sempai when he was in middle school. Damn that was too early for his growing mind to handle. Too early to tell though in the series how he is going to develop.

It seems that at some point we will hopefully see what the male Sensei will be like and what is really going on through his head. As much of a bitch I think the female Sensei is, man she was a trooper for hanging with him after realizing he was a dud. However, I think the only reason why she even thought about going was to stick it to Hanabi. And who the fuck sleeps with someone just so they could crush some high school girl, whom she just met, that she slept with the guy she likes. She has some serious narcissistic traits in her and needs to get checked in and treated somewhere. I wonder if the anime will try and redeem her or not?

What happened to pigtails? Not that I really want her back in the series but she did exist for a reason I am guessing.

17. Shanigami

Gold Founder

Yeah. Every time I see anything to do with her, it seems bad. And I feel like Mugi might end up being more of a damaged person than anyone else, but he just doesn't show it as much. Don't know if there will be enough time to find out though.

Well she's in the OP/ED, and she's had a tiny bit of development so far, so I assume that she has a main-ish part in the story (at least as much as Ecchan). But I think they'll have to fully develop Mugi before they can develop Moka, so I'm guessing either her or Onii-chan will be developed last and I'm not sure we'll have time for all of that in only 7 more episodes, so she might come in during season 2 if it happens.

18. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Honestly at this point I want to strangle Hanabi and Ecchan. More Ecchan then Hanabi, like come on bitch tone it the fuck down. You're in school and you're feeling her up. Also no one noticed where that hand was going? =/

Then Hanabi Jesus Lord, why are you going down the path of that bitch Akane? If you know you'll be hurting yourself and others WHY DO IT?!
    Thank God for Inner Hanabi though, if she didn't exist Hanabi would be the biggest bitch in this anime.
    I can take some pity on not being able to control actions when you know the actions are wrong.

Why is that dude making out with a High School girl though? I guess age knows no limits in Japan...I guess that's every where though huh?

Mugi...Mugi Mugi Mugi. Goddammit I had high hopes for you dude. Like he definitely has feelings for Hanabi, which is why he gets upset when crossing paths with Ecchan, and he thinks she's cheating on him. I guess when he said she kisses like normal, he knew as well that she as hiding it.

That end just seemed weird, was he happy Mugi thinks he is the only one Hanabi is with? or is he even more interested in playing with Hanabi's feelings?

Oh God why is Moca being dragged into this mess now!

19. Narilka

I really feel for so many of these characters. Ecchan has crossed the creepiness line or in the cery least stepped right up to it. Right Sora! How could no one know where Ecchan hand was? Do the teachers not even look at their students. All it would have taken was one look at both of them.

My heart really goes out to Hanabi this episode. It is a horrible feeling to feel lonely and knowing how to fill that void just comes with time. Add being a teenager to the mix and she is really bad off. She seems to have gone after Akane's college guy just to see if she could. And I don't think it will go how she thinks it will in the end. She will just end uo being more hurt and confused after the whole ordeal.

Mugi won tons of points with me last episode and got a little tris episode too. Then pigtails shows back up smh. What is he planning on doing? I don't know but everything these people do is self serving so nothing good probably.

I honestly do not think Mugi really feels much for Hanabi, romantically at least, but then again she doesn't either. Them "going out officially" is a load of bullshit. With Mugi it seems to be to just have Hanabi and say that he does. Hanabi is just a train wreck of emotions and should be single but refuses to believe she is able to.

A lot of little things happened in this episode that is leaving me with an uneasy feeling of maybe something bigger is going to happen in furture episodes.

20. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor