Drama Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

This episode was pretty boring until the last 5-10 minutes. Ecchan and her cousin seemed to be out of place in this episode, it felt like it was just thrown in for story line purposes, especially after the end of this episode.
    My guess Hanabi will confide with Ecchan and The cousin will be the third Wheel.

Mugi....Mugi Mugi Mugi...you FREAKING IDIOT!!!! You know Akane is a troll yet you still bang her out. WHY DUDE?!?!? WHY?!?!?!

Now the question is how long is Hanabi going to wait at the park until she realizes' Mugi is not coming?

Narilka likes this.
  2. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Damn man the Cousin ends up being one of the best characters, mainly because he has some COMMON SENSE. Also trying to protect his cousin who he wants to roll out, but alas.

Noriko shut up, like you're starting something with Hanabi yet helping her? Shut up ad just leave this anime forever.

God Dammit Mugi...what's with that Reply as well. "Sorry" Dude Mugi is a f*****g bro. As long as he gets his he does not give a f***.

3. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Every character is an idiot!

Narilka and StrawHats like this.
  4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Anybody watching the drama series?

K, that's a no then.

5. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Haha Sora your words are so true.

I am not sure if I could watch a live action series or flim with characters this messed up. Really apprehensive to try it out real people with these behaviors all in one place.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Damn man...like the last two episodes were kind of a drag and kind of lowered the score for me, but this episode was so freaking good it boosted it up, AND MORE.
    Hanabi just doing school stuff to get her mind off things was cool to see.
    Seeing Moca in that wedding dress was a pretty awesome scene as well. The music during that scene was really really good.
    The scene with Mugi...well we'll get to that since the juicy shit happened later.
    Damn man we get another likable character and Hanabi shoots him down. Though really with the help of short haired Ecchan.
    At least she had the guts to apologize to the kid...that made Hanabi a little more likable in my eyes.
    blah blah blah more Ecchan stuff that I don't care about.
    Akane is still a BITCH. How you gonna say "Next time don't lose him." LIKE WHAT? Bitch are you kidding me? That can even be used for both Oniichan and friggin Mugi. Come on bitch-sensei.

Alright let's get to the nitty gritty. I had a feeling Hanabi was going to walk right past Mugi at the end. But God Damn If it didn't make me feel some type of way. It makes sense that they would want to find true love but who is to say they can't find it within each other. If they get to know more about each other then just wanting to be alone then who knows!.

The scene in that storage room though was pretty damn powerful and emotional. Like even I got a little teary eyed from it.
    Just both of them wanting to be with each other and holding each other...but they can't. Then they said their goodbyes during the fireworks...damn some powerful stuff.

I guess the void left in my heart is just wanting these kids to be happy and maybe try to be with each other...but yeah. This anime tested my feelings constantly which was new. 10/10 in my book.

Narilka likes this.
  7. Narilka

Well the last episode is finally aired and it left me with a really nice feeling, which has never happened in this series. I really did enjoy seeing the ending for all the characters. The characters all made poor decisions, wih exception of male sensei, throughout the series and I feel their endings were appropriate considering what they all went through.

I still fell that pigtails was the most honest to herself in this series and she appears like she will continue to do so as she gets older. Loved her in the runway show and how she is transforming herself in a positive forward thinking way.

Very excited that Hanabi and Ecchan will be able to work through their issues and continue to be friends. I really like Ecchan in the beginning and she lost herself for a period of time and turned stalker like ya do, :p kidding. Glad to see she is growing as well and is able to move on and hopefully have healthy romantic relationships later.

Akane still annoys me when she shows up and she didn't disappoint me when she was the center of attention during their party the students set up for them. I liked how she approached Hanabi then she ruins it with that snarky remark about Hanabi needing to make sure her next guy doesn't get taken away. Considering that her and male sensei already discussed that she would probably have other relationships even if they marry. I give her 3 months until she is bored with him. I also felt she had no place stopping male sensei from going over to talk with Hanabi but he has no balls and he lets Akane dictate what he does.

Hanabi has made so much progress and I believe she will continue to grow as she gets older and experience new relationships. I was so proud of her for leaving Mugi behind, I don't get the impression he has grown much if at all. I do like that they walked away from each other I don't think they will find love with each other even in the future due to Mugi's previous actions with Akane.

Overall I enjoyed this series like Sora already stated it is really will mess with your feelings. I believe the characters are well done you will love to hate them and that is the point they are not meant to be truely loved but you can't get them out of your mind. The animation is really beautiful in this anime. I would give this a 9.5/ 10.

käwäii and JoJo like this.
  8. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

So I finally got around to watch the last 6 episodes in one go...And I have to say this was one of the best series this season...

The episode about Ecchan and the little Loli girl (who I could care less for tbh) were a bit mehhh, but overall I would give this somewhere between a 7.5 and 8.

Man I actually liked the ending...it fits this show perfectly. Akane, Hanabi and Mugi were 3 characters that really brought a fresh breeze of originality to the table. The lust, love, selfish needs & desires is something we don't see very often. Especially in a high school setting and in this tone. The only gripe I still have is the brother thing, and the Ecchan and her nephew "relation." It didn't add much to anything to the development...Especially the latter.

Unpopular opinion: I loved every moment Akane got her shine. I mean she basically stole the show, and put the whole story in overdrive mode. Sure she was a slut (her own words) and a scumbag, but damnnnn I loved watching her do all that and then some lol.

I really hope some kind of OVA, short movie or special spawns from this. I really don't think a second season would work...

I actually am thinking about picking up the Manga...is it any good?

#48 JoJo, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Narilka likes this.
  9. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

What a great series, it had a bit same kind of vibe than His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano) had. Some negative points; I thought there were one or two characters too many, some of them could've been left out, they felt like fillers who were unnecessary. Akane, (kinda predictable outcome for her) she was converted to 'good' way too easily, just because "Brother" is just so good person she is converted, that was a little difficult to accept. And also "Brother" had least amount of character of all the cast.

Best characters; Hanabi, and Ecchan. Migu was okay, but they could've fleshed him out more, like Hanabi, I felt like I got into her head pretty good. I very much enjoyed the dialogue, and at first it felt weird, but in a good way. After I finished the series I took a look at the manga, and the dialogue seems to be almost entirely taken from the manga. That was a good move. Lots of emotion, and it didn't feel tacky, like many romances or dramas might feel, it felt very genuine. Like the scene with Hanabi and Ecchan in the porch of the cabin, and the whole ending. I think they ended the series well, Hanabi and Migu got stronger from their experiences, and kept their promise. (Though I would've loved to see it go other way, but that wasn't meant to be. :LOL:) More of this, less Masamune-kun no Revenge.
    From what I saw looking at some of the manga, it seems to be almost exactly like the series. I saw some minor differences in dialogue and scenes, but they're like 90%-95% identical.

Narilka likes this.
  10. Narilka

@JoJo While I liked the manga, until about chapter 20 it's a bit disjointed in the writing. Still really good read though.