Fantasy Land of the Lustrous

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kerberos, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

LAND OF THE LUSTROUS
    [​IMG]

Genre: fantasy, action
    Studio: Orange
    Director: Takahiko Kyougoku
    Writer: Haruko Ichikawa (manga) Toshiya Ono (series composition and script writing)

This is a show that has quite a few things going for it. For starters, it has a seriously cool name. But it also has a very unique and compelling premise. At least as far as I’m concerned. The story is set in a very distant future and follows a race of people consisting entirely of precious metals as they are being hunted down by another race dwelling on the moon who want to capture these gems and turn them into decorations.

However, ultimately the reason why I am very intrigued by this show has far less to do with the story and more with the animation. Land of the Lustrous is yet another CG animated series but if the trailer is anything to go by, it looks freaking gorgeous!

So with a cool title, a solid premise and fantastic visuals, why is this not higher on the list? Simply put, because the pedigree behind it worries me. The show is produced by Studio Orange who have never produced an anime before and the director is Takahiko Kyougoku who’s only prior work that I’m familiar with is GATE. A show that I myself was not very fond of, to say the least.

Hopefully though, this series will turn out better and be a CG anime that I can wholly recommend to people. Because God knows we need more of those

Land of the Lustrous has been licensed by Sentai Filmworks and can be streamed legally on Anime Strike in the US and HiDive everywhere else.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Houseki no Kuni (宝石の国) OP Full(完整版)

#2 Kuze, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Toho Animation is streaming the creditless ending animation with the song performed by Yuiko Ōhara.

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Houseki no Kuni Ending Full : Kirameku Hamabe - Yuiko Ohara