Latest Acquisitions/Purchases

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Neon Walrus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Recent purchases for me include

The Simpsons Movie
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    Prince Tutu
    Full Metal Panic
    Full Metal Panic The Second Raid
    Cowboy Bebop
    Ghost in the Shell
    Kubo and the Two Strings
    The Boy and the Beast
    Redline

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

thumbs up to ghost in the shell and cowboy bepop.

Was it the movie or the series or both (actually I was thinking strictly cowboy bepop but same question applies to gits - was it the original or sacs or arise or the newest animated movie following arise?) I think I might line up the movie again in my to watch repetoire (i do have it on disc :))

3. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

It's the Cowboy Bebop series and the original GitS movie

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Enjoy watching both :)

What was unique to both cowboy bepop and gits was the totally original aesthetics, not just the story themselves. They were there own realities. The nuances were great.

5. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Oh I've seen both multiple times. Actually everything there aside from The Boy and the Beast I had seen before buying it. Cowboy Bebop and GitS are both great

yoda313 likes this.
  6. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

Just got back from a weekend at the anime convention. Spent WAY more than I intended, but I had a hell of a good time so I wouldn't have changed a thing even if I could. Brought in a larger haul than I did last year as seen below.

[​IMG]

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ten thumbs up!

8. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

Thank you. I got more figures than I have room for at this moment in time. Have to be creative in how I move things around to fit them, if I can fit them all. Maybe I can put up that shelf I have been meaning to put up for over a year now. Gives me a reason now.
    I had to get the three-pack and the two-pack below that. A vendor had sets of figures that go together and he had them shrink wrapped as a set. And his prices were really good. He would sometimes have them $10 to $20 cheaper than another vendor in the same building for the same item. And the poster was only for VIP members, which I found out, I was one. So, on the last day, I managed to get two posters along with two of the standard ones given out to all attendees. Going to have them framed so they will be protected. Shame it only comes once a year. But when it does, I make sure I get the whole weekend off so I have no interruptions. I love convention time.

yoda313 likes this.
  9. Neon Walrus

Neon Walrus Mad Clown Disease
    Contributor Gold Founder

Some anime I got over the past few months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kuze likes this.
  10. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Those GITS pack looks lovely.

11. Neon Walrus

Contributor Gold Founder

Some anime from my Rightstuf order:

[​IMG]

Kuze likes this.
  12. Neon Walrus

Contributor Gold Founder

Received one of my Amazon orders that has some cool anime:

[​IMG]

Then something I got a little while ago; I ordered this to get free shipping when I was ordering some head phone and ethernet cables:

[​IMG]

The handle on the shield broke when I was putting it on so I ended up super gluing it on.

13. Neon Walrus

Contributor Gold Founder

Some goodies arrived from my Amazon order.

[​IMG]

14. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Picked up sailormoon s part two from walmart and picked up el harzard the wanderers from movie trading company

15. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I purchased my second Gunpla kit (In this decade at least) yesterday. I chose a 1/144 GM Ground Type kit, because GM is my favorite mobile suit line, and I didn't have to ship it in. Ground Type isn't my favorite version, but he's still pretty damn cool, and his kit included a surplus of weaponry, including two beam sabers hidden in the side compartments on his legs. The extra weapons are incredibly useful, as my Gusion Rebake FC was in severe need of some armaments, and trying to pose him with his scissors is a pain. Here's a picture of the GM alongside the Full City model.

[​IMG]

I did some panel lining and dirtied him up a bit, something I've neglected to with Gusion, who definitely needs it. I'm quite happy with the durability on the kit thus far, except for the 100mm machine gun's folding stock, which did unfortunately separate in two spots. A part that thin definitely should've been molded in the rubber material instead of plastic.

Since I didn't mention Gusion when I bought him, I might as well do it now. The stickers on the its backpack unit are really bad. I'm hoping to paint in those details at some point, but who has the time for that? Unless you're willing to do some painting, I probably wouldn't recommend that kit, because of the abundance of bad, plain white wraparound stickers. It also has weak joints, and generally poor balance in most poses, and as I mentioned, posing him with his only real weapon is difficult because a stand wasn't included. I'm going to avoid sticker heavy kits in the future as best I can. Admittedly though, the sub-arms hidden in the backpack unit are totally bad-ass, and it works nicely with Ground Type's NET Launcher. It's also heavy enough that it improves his forward momentum enough so that he wont fall over without support.

I'm gonna get a GM Sniper II and the Revive version of Guncannon relatively soon. I might also pick up the Revive version of Gundam RX-78-2 alongside them, if only because it's dirt cheap.

#55 Novaire, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Novaire - sweet :) when im at comiccon i always look for the anime models and regret doing so because i want them all :D

Seeing yours makes me want a veritech fighter from robotech.

By the way ever heard of a flash :D

17. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

That's the guy who runs pretty fast, right?

[​IMG]

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I said a flash not the flash :D

By the way do you paint those?

19. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

There's more than one though. :whistle:

I haven't, no. I used some ink to give the GM's lines some more definition, and to dirty it up a bit more, but that's about it.

I might do some painting in the future, but I like the way they look out of the box just fine.

yoda313 likes this.
  20. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Bought transformers 5 and the sailormoon r movie