let's play....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by wesleyv1, Jun 2, 2017.

1. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Anybody else a fan of let's plays? I find them rather intriguing. They're fun to watch for several reasons, one i like to watch and see how another person plays a game I've already beaten to see what they do differently if anything at all, second after more or less "rage quitting" a game i like to watch to see what I've missed and sometimes this leads to me coming back to the game and beating it, lastly i like to watch them whenever I get stuck on a level and don't know where to go or what to do.

So what do you think? Are let's plays as interesting to you as they are to me or do you feel differently or even the opposite?

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

You mean play-throughs and stuff right. That Pewdiepie stuff? I only watch them if I'm really interested in checking out a game but don't have the specs to play it.

3. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

I only watch one if I'm stuck in a game, and a online walkthrough wasn't helpful enough, or I just need to visually see it.

Other than that, I'd rather play the game myself, rather than watch someone else play it.

4. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

I actually enjoy let's plays depending on the person doing them. Most of the youtuber's I'm subbed to, do let's plays. I prefer blind plays as they feel more authentic are usually more amusing.

5. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

For me, it depends on the game or the players. In general, I don't dedicate to watching a playthrough unless I'm already acquainted with the people doing it. Even then, there aren't a lot of games I want to spend an inordinate amount of time watching.

For example; Civilization would be dull to watch on paper, but the exception to that rule is groups like the Yogscast, who have plenty of people at the ready to take the piss out of each other. Watching one guy play a full game of Civilization VI alone would be painfully boring in a way I find difficult to describe, other than comparing it to participating in a game of Civ with people who take forever. :mad:

Another point; I like Persona 4, but I wouldn't want to watch just anyone play it, but when Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann and Vinny Caravella did it, it was great. Giant Bomb is a big one for me in fact. They've gotten me to watch six fifty-turn games of Mario Party 1-6. It's dreadfully long, but having a group of people I like do it, while they commentate about how shite the game is, is nevertheless entertaining.

6. Chibiurd07

Chibiurd07 Simply Awkward

I used to be a big fan of Markiplier.
    I don't enjoy his videos like I use to.
    I usually find myself watching his older stuff from around two to three years ago.
    But personally, it doesn't bother me to watch someone play games.
    I grew up watching my brother play games since he had all the systems anyways.
    XD