Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quulix, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Believe In Death

I'm scared for my father.
    It has not even been a year since he had surgery to remove a cancer-filled organ. Luckily, the cancer was completely contained and they got it out in one fell swoop. But he has been slow to recover since that surgery. And then just a few days ago, he had to go to the hospital because of intense pain in his abdomen. They did scans and found that his gallbladder is filled with sludge and can no longer function. He has to go under the knife, twice in one year, to have it removed as it is the only way as the sludge cannot be removed from the gallbladder and even if it was, the gallbladder is too far gone. I hope, I truly hope, the surgery goes well and he goes on to lead a pain-free life. But two organs to be removed in one year? That's an intense burden to bear.

2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Damn that sucks. Hope things work out man.

3. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I hope he recovers soon. Well good news about gallbladder removal is that it isn’t essential to a healthy digestive system, he may have occasional loose stools. Other than that he’ll be alright.

4. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

im wasted and epressed right now, but still pulling quads and almost 1f5 in siege, but life is good, got a 3 days 12o hours shift job, really good, nice poeple.

5. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

So drunk you can't even type right. That's how you do it proper. :p

Narilka and LilithVonBoch like this.
  6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

@Mr. Mister Praying that your dad will make a full recovery. I've known plenty of older people who had the same surgery to remove the gallbladder and they are fine now. It is really tough that he's had so much to go through in such a short space of time.
    _______

I am finally on the road to getting my surgery. I was told that it would be upwards of a year before I got the surgery here. It's going to cost me a small fortune to get it done privately across the border, but my own country will reimburse some of the cost. Once I get approval from my country, should take 3-4 weeks, I will get my appointment for surgery some time in January. If I had known about this in the first place, I'd have gone for it long ago. Simply couldn't afford to pay the full cost of the surgery myself.

It makes no sense to be honest. I can get it done in a private hospital in another country, pay up front, get reimbursed what it would cost to have it done in my own country (costs a few thousand more over the border), so why the hell can they not let people have it done in a private hospital here in that case? >.>

7. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Hopefully everything works out for your father @Mr. Mister .

Im glad you finally made some progress on the whole surgery thing @Shannon Apple cuz they were giving you the run around for the longest. Im going to miss making broke back jokes though. :p

As far as my life goes, I am taking my youngest to a counselor this weekend about his behavior. Its really affected his school work as they see him as a "problem child." Hopefully we can get some answers on whether or not he has ADD, ADHD, or another mental condition to explain his behavior. Not really looking forward to it honestly cuz no parent wants to hear stuff like this about their children. Whateva it is though, Im his father and will love him regardless so we will work through it.

8. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Believe In Death

Thank you all for your kind words.
    This surgery may have another positive outcome to it, other than relieving my father of the pain he is currently residing in. He has suffered from acid reflux for many years now. But now, we have learned his gallbladder malfunctioning may have been the cause. The doctor told us that his gallbladder may have been on the fritz for years now and there have been cases similar to where a patient has acid reflux, their gallbladder has to be removed, and their condition is no longer present once the gallbladder is gone. If true, then my father will truly be able to live better than before once this organ has been taken out.

9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

@Mr. Mister: Well that's actually great news for your dad in that case. I hope that is what was causing it. ^^

@Dunn x Dolo: Hope all went well with the kid.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  10. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

@Mr. Mister , always good to hear about the chance of a better than expected outcome. Hope your dad has the best of results.

@Shannon Apple, I won't even try to understand that convoluted insurance process but I hope that at least you will be able to get the proper surgery in a timely manner. You will enjoy being able to move without pain again.

@Dunn x Dolo , have faith, as long as you're behind him it will all work out. My oldest grandson had similar issues in the fifth grade, the school actually took him out of the regular program and he rode the short bus for a few years. He was reintegrated into the mainstream classes in high school and went on to graduate with honors. It may have been a long process but it did work out in the end. Just one of those "bumps" in the road of life.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.