Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

im wasted and epressed right now, but still pulling quads and almost 1f5 in siege, but life is good, got a 3 days 12o hours shift job, really good, nice poeple.

2. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

So drunk you can't even type right. That's how you do it proper. :p

Narilka and LilithVonBoch like this.
  3. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

@Mr. Mister Praying that your dad will make a full recovery. I've known plenty of older people who had the same surgery to remove the gallbladder and they are fine now. It is really tough that he's had so much to go through in such a short space of time.
    _______

I am finally on the road to getting my surgery. I was told that it would be upwards of a year before I got the surgery here. It's going to cost me a small fortune to get it done privately across the border, but my own country will reimburse some of the cost. Once I get approval from my country, should take 3-4 weeks, I will get my appointment for surgery some time in January. If I had known about this in the first place, I'd have gone for it long ago. Simply couldn't afford to pay the full cost of the surgery myself.

It makes no sense to be honest. I can get it done in a private hospital in another country, pay up front, get reimbursed what it would cost to have it done in my own country (costs a few thousand more over the border), so why the hell can they not let people have it done in a private hospital here in that case? >.>

4. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Hopefully everything works out for your father @Mr. Mister .

Im glad you finally made some progress on the whole surgery thing @Shannon Apple cuz they were giving you the run around for the longest. Im going to miss making broke back jokes though. :p

As far as my life goes, I am taking my youngest to a counselor this weekend about his behavior. Its really affected his school work as they see him as a "problem child." Hopefully we can get some answers on whether or not he has ADD, ADHD, or another mental condition to explain his behavior. Not really looking forward to it honestly cuz no parent wants to hear stuff like this about their children. Whateva it is though, Im his father and will love him regardless so we will work through it.

5. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

Thank you all for your kind words.
    This surgery may have another positive outcome to it, other than relieving my father of the pain he is currently residing in. He has suffered from acid reflux for many years now. But now, we have learned his gallbladder malfunctioning may have been the cause. The doctor told us that his gallbladder may have been on the fritz for years now and there have been cases similar to where a patient has acid reflux, their gallbladder has to be removed, and their condition is no longer present once the gallbladder is gone. If true, then my father will truly be able to live better than before once this organ has been taken out.

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

@Mr. Mister: Well that's actually great news for your dad in that case. I hope that is what was causing it. ^^

@Dunn x Dolo: Hope all went well with the kid.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  7. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

@Mr. Mister , always good to hear about the chance of a better than expected outcome. Hope your dad has the best of results.

@Shannon Apple, I won't even try to understand that convoluted insurance process but I hope that at least you will be able to get the proper surgery in a timely manner. You will enjoy being able to move without pain again.

@Dunn x Dolo , have faith, as long as you're behind him it will all work out. My oldest grandson had similar issues in the fifth grade, the school actually took him out of the regular program and he rode the short bus for a few years. He was reintegrated into the mainstream classes in high school and went on to graduate with honors. It may have been a long process but it did work out in the end. Just one of those "bumps" in the road of life.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  8. Mr. Mister

Well, my father is out of surgery. The doctors were right and his gallbladder was heavily inflamed and needed to be removed. Hopefully, his recovery is swift and he gets to keep on going strong.
    Visited my brother's grave today. It feels like so long ago and yet just like yesterday when he passed. I always admired him and I was never able to fill his shoes. He didn't deserve to go when he did. But I will keep on going because he always had faith in me, even when I didn't have much faith in myself. I still miss you.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  9. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

Glad your father is okay and praying for his swift recovery. Keep going @Mister and please keep your head up.

As for me, currently I'm a post graduate student getting my MFA in acting. I'm studying in the U.K. and is in my last year. I'm playing OTHELLO in March for those that know Shakespeare's work. Everything is fine with me. I'm just trying to enjoy being away from America as much as I can before I have to return.

10. Mr. Mister

I was laid off today. Eight years of work and it's all gone. The company is slowly going under and decided to cut costs saying they could no longer afford to pay me or other employees. I knew this would likely happen as after doing their paperwork for so long, I noticed that sales were going under in the last few months. The numbers aren't there because customers weren't spending as much money or even spending any at all. I was even told it would be a miracle if the store is there a year from now. And you have the big boss taking as much money from the store by raising prices so he can retire sooner. Luckily, I was let go in the best way possible. But still, it's going to be hard as I have to find another way to make a living. But that's the boat I find myself in.

11. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

I'm sorry to hear that. The company may be gone from your life but who you are is not, and it takes a pretty decent person to stick to something for 8 years. Don't think of it as time wasted as you had a chance to learn more and grow, and now maybe you'll find an opportunity that might be better than you ever would have considered pursuing otherwise. It'll be tough for a little while but the job market is pretty strong right now.

I'm sure it sounds super lame, especially right now, but just get out there and don't underestimate your worth.

12. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

This could be an opportunity to get a job that pays a little more. Since you've been doing their paperwork, I'm pretty sure that you have some skills there that can bring you further. Don't underestimate the value of everything you've learned. ;)

ThisGuy likes this.
  13. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

Keep your head up. This could be a blessing in disguise, January and February are typically great hiring months as companies are getting their budgets released.

Just relax and believe, everything is going to be alright. I have a ton of experience being in the open market as I've been an IT Contractor for the last 8 years. If you need any advice on what you should be looking for, or just advice on places to check feel free to reach out.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  14. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

This is it, as of 2/1 I am now officially retired. Now to start the long process of clearing the house of accumulated treasures, or as my wife calls it, crap. A little fixing and primping after that and hopefully sell it so we can move away from this tax nightmare of a state to someplace cheaper and warmer.

Kuze likes this.
  15. Aeon

Aeon Senior Member

Well that's a surprise, I thought I was definitely one of the older members. :)

Got some plans for your retirement?

Anyways, I guess I'm still young. 40 years old. Grew up in a cheap neighbourhood and we didn't have all that much money when I was a kid. Dad had a job on and off and my mom had to be the breadwinner which put a lot of strain on the household as you may imagine back in those days it was accepted that women worked, but as a man you'd still be seen as a failure. That's different now. Parents broke up when I was 11 and I somehow got myself through school with minimal attendance focussing more on a rebel lifestyle including drugs and alcohol. Put most of that behind me in my 20s. Started a day job at 18 where I made about 400 euros a month (minimum wage for people under 23 at the time) and spent most of that on gambling.

Building up from 20 to 30 I got a bit more serious. Had a steady job in IT, moved out, got married, no kids though.

My dad died when he was 63, also an aunt and uncle that died around the same age. Last few years have been really tough for the family in that regard.

Right now. I make really good money. I'm a project manager at a small IT company with high quality standards. Drive a brand new fully equiped Audi A5 Sportback. Have a big house. Can basically buy whatever I feel like, even though I don't because of how I was raised. Probably what some of you would call "rich". Well I am not the richest person in the family. Got a world famous cyclist in the family that, although he quit now, made more than me obviously.

16. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

I applaud you for getting your life together like you did, congratulations. That’s awful to lose a father, aunt and uncle at such a young age. Of course that sort of thing sits in the back of your mind which is part of why I booked out a year earlier than my full retirement age. That and the fact that every winter got harder and harder to tolerate working outside.

No immediate plans although I’d like to get out on the bike more. Once the house is sold we plan on finding a place in Florida. I have a sister that lives there now and our daughter is planning to move there in about four years. Hopefully then I’ll be able to spend more time on hobbies and maybe some travel.

17. Cameron Taylor

As far as my personal life goes, I just recently started a new job working for Walmart as a Field Assistant Manager, which involves a ton of traveling. I go to all these different stores and work on remodels and that type of stuff. I'm actually currently in Denver for training, and I've been here for over two weeks. I finally get to go home on Friday. It's weird though. I'm over 1,000 miles away from my family, my girlfriend, etc. I spend a lot of time alone in my hotel room.

18. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Field work? That’s going to take you to a lot of places. A large operation like that kind of knows what they want, you’re there to make sure it ends up that way. A lot of times you may end up in the middle of nowhere, but on the occasion when you do end up near a major metropolitan area it would be nice to take some spare time to explore. Good luck with the new job.

19. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

just got a new job myself certifying mortgage docs. pays shit but its easy and i can listen to music all day. lol also met me a cute girl at the club so things seen to be going ok lol

20. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Completely forgot about this thread ngl.

I went to a medical checkup for my basketball club, the doc saw I lost weight, and told me to get a blood test made. I did, and now I have hypothyroidism. It's fairly common, not dangerous, but it is annoying. At times you feel tired, weak, and sometimes depressed. They did give me pills (hormones), but I have yet to start taking them. The treatment is for life.

Other then that, school is making me feel miserable, and I don't really have much motivation for playing basketball, it's my last season anyway, so I'll stick with it to the end.