Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Life is chugging along just fine. I'm down to "part-time" aka working a couple of days a month. Life is a lot less complicated than it used to be. I actually have free time. My husband is in China this week so I have lots of free time :D. After he gets home, we're debating whether to hit up Wizard World one the convention days. It's going to be a bit of a trek, and I'm sure my daughter would love it, but we would be limited what we can do there. We'll see I guess.

Interest1ng likes this.
  2. Enies

Enies Famous Member

whats he doing in china. Sounds like he is an adventure. I feel like i need at least a vacation every year.

3. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

After a few weeks in the wilderness, I have returned to civilization.
    So many thoughts running through my mind. I truly feel the life out there is what I am missing. So much space that you could get lost, but I see that as a plus in a figurative sense. So many jobs, it was unreal. I could start work with a major corporation with government contracts easily as my uncle has good connections with them. The people are so hospitable and friendly. They didn't know me from Adam, but welcomed me with open arms. The freedom is unreal. I remember going out to wander the woods and my uncle just hands me his rifle and tells me to take it. My uncle forged for me several knives which I now hold dear. I learned more about my lineage than I ever dreamed. I am of the Apache tribe. My uncle found links to trace my mother's side all the way back to the Apache Resistance with Geronimo. I had many spiritual experiences that revealed to me many things that I have yet to experience or will know in time. Experiences that changed me. I learned of simplicity and the beauty of true silence. And I returned home, knowing that I will go back. I have a job here, albeit a temporary one. Hopefully, it will make me enough money so I can go back and lay my foundation at last.

4. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

That sounds like an awesome opportunity, I’m guessing that you were pretty far off the grid for a while, was there even satellite access there? You’ve also illustrated that you never stop learning in life, but man, so many experiences in such a short time. Hope you can absorb all that knowledge. Good luck moving forward.

5. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

It was quite an experience. My uncle had many dogs, whom I swear were closer to wolves than dogs. They had huge fangs and would wander his property, almost hunting in a pack. His dogs are usually incredibly protective of him, but they accepted me. My uncle says it was because they knew I was family. But the vast emptiness was quite comforting, actually. When we went into towns with people, they were so warm and hospitable to us. It felt like you were the only person in the world on that property. It was very peaceful.

My uncle had a dirt road running next to his property. Go down about a mile or so and you would come across this bridge.
    [​IMG]

My uncle took me to this abandoned property some ways out.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And another property we came across that was abandoned. I loved exploring these places.
    [​IMG]

Shannon Apple likes this.