Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Life is chugging along just fine. I'm down to "part-time" aka working a couple of days a month. Life is a lot less complicated than it used to be. I actually have free time. My husband is in China this week so I have lots of free time :D. After he gets home, we're debating whether to hit up Wizard World one the convention days. It's going to be a bit of a trek, and I'm sure my daughter would love it, but we would be limited what we can do there. We'll see I guess.

Interest1ng likes this.
  2. Enies

Enies Famous Member

whats he doing in china. Sounds like he is an adventure. I feel like i need at least a vacation every year.

3. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

After a few weeks in the wilderness, I have returned to civilization.
    So many thoughts running through my mind. I truly feel the life out there is what I am missing. So much space that you could get lost, but I see that as a plus in a figurative sense. So many jobs, it was unreal. I could start work with a major corporation with government contracts easily as my uncle has good connections with them. The people are so hospitable and friendly. They didn't know me from Adam, but welcomed me with open arms. The freedom is unreal. I remember going out to wander the woods and my uncle just hands me his rifle and tells me to take it. My uncle forged for me several knives which I now hold dear. I learned more about my lineage than I ever dreamed. I am of the Apache tribe. My uncle found links to trace my mother's side all the way back to the Apache Resistance with Geronimo. I had many spiritual experiences that revealed to me many things that I have yet to experience or will know in time. Experiences that changed me. I learned of simplicity and the beauty of true silence. And I returned home, knowing that I will go back. I have a job here, albeit a temporary one. Hopefully, it will make me enough money so I can go back and lay my foundation at last.

4. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

That sounds like an awesome opportunity, I’m guessing that you were pretty far off the grid for a while, was there even satellite access there? You’ve also illustrated that you never stop learning in life, but man, so many experiences in such a short time. Hope you can absorb all that knowledge. Good luck moving forward.

5. Mr. Mister

It was quite an experience. My uncle had many dogs, whom I swear were closer to wolves than dogs. They had huge fangs and would wander his property, almost hunting in a pack. His dogs are usually incredibly protective of him, but they accepted me. My uncle says it was because they knew I was family. But the vast emptiness was quite comforting, actually. When we went into towns with people, they were so warm and hospitable to us. It felt like you were the only person in the world on that property. It was very peaceful.

My uncle had a dirt road running next to his property. Go down about a mile or so and you would come across this bridge.
    [​IMG]

My uncle took me to this abandoned property some ways out.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And another property we came across that was abandoned. I loved exploring these places.
    [​IMG]

Shannon Apple likes this.
  6. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Unfortunately for him its work. And he usually doesn't get much free time. If he does I have him go out shopping to get goodies. But he usually doesn't get the chance and the most he can get are airport goodies. Right now I'm eating an apple kitkat he had picked up at the Tokyo airport on a layover. Delicious. Right now he's in Amsterdam and I don't think he will manage to pick up anything good. Tonight is my last night before he comes home and I am taking full advantage of it haha. Nice bath, face mask, and now tea and treats. Now the question is do I end my night with a movie or some reading.

Shannon Apple and Interest1ng like this.
  7. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Oh, man forgot about this. I started taking my hormone pills quite a while ago. I said in my previous post that I felt miserable, well, not anymore. Pills fixed everything. It's scary how much something like thyroid hormones can affect you. I felt sluggish, and tired constantly, I was depressed and had no motivation to do anything, started feeling much better like a week after I started taking them. One small pill in the morning for the rest of my life, and I'm good.

Other then that, I'm taking off my dental brace on the 27th of this month, and I have tonsil removal surgery in like 2 months, since my tonsils are fucked up.

8. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

sounds like a lot of work for someone as lazy as yourself.... you could come and be lazy in the chat with all your real friends :) Cause it's not like we miss you or anything :D.

9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

At least you got to the bottom of what's going on, that's the main thing. My cousin was suffering from the same thing. She put on weight, had no energy, and was feeling pretty shit. This went on for a while where she never got it checked. She went on meds for it some years back and she's lost the weight again and is able to excercise without feeling like shit afterwards. Can be absolutely life changing. So, I'm happy for you. Taking one pill a day is a small price for being able to feel normal. ^^

Good luck with the surgery. =)

10. Mr. Mister

I was just released after spending three and half days in the hospital. I was in a horrific accident in which I was pinned against another vehicle, nearly severing both my legs. There are few things as horrifying as looking down and seeing your feet flopping around like a noodle. Luckily, I was helped immediately and the breaks were clean. The surgeon operated on me as soon as he could, inserting titanium rods into my legs for support and for the bones to heal around. Now comes the long healing process. I can already walk, but I get exhausted easily and my legs are insanely sore afterwards. But if I am to heal, I need to walk constantly so my body gets used to it again. This is absolutely no fun.

11. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the accident. Wish you a speedy recovery.

12. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

@Mr. Mister I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. But, am also going to say thank God that you are still here with us. Can't imagine how terrifying that must have been.

I know, pain is no fun at all. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

13. Mr. Mister

Thank you for that. The worst part is that it was my mother who was driving the vehicle. The clutch popped as she was backing up and the vehicle lurched back, pinning me against the other vehicle and snapping my bones like twigs. When my mother sees me walking slowly and in pain, she cries, telling me how sorry she is. It wasn't her fault, it was an accident. No one could have seen this coming. My grandfather told me something when he visited me in the hospital. He told, "Eventually, the pain of this injury will subside and you may recall it years from now. But for your mother, she will feel the pain every day of her life." I wish I could take away her guilt, but there is only so much I can say. All I can do is get better and move on with my life. At least I know my legs are going to strong as all hell, since they now both have titanium cores.

14. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

I am so sorry to hear about this Mr. Mister.

15. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I recently passed my servsafe test. They literally handed me the thick ass book to study for it and said, you have a week and an half before you need to take the test. lol. I got a much lower score on it than I had thought I would but I passed it. I bought a tabernacle at pendrell vale on paypal credit. I think by june I should have all my debt paid off once again if I don't go crazy and buy a ton of more expensive shit on credit. Also plan on getting these mtg cards that are a charity item called ponies the galloping. Money goes to charity and I get mlp crossover magic cards. So that is kind of cool. I really want the playmats but I don't think I can afford them AND the cards. I dunno. I might get both.

Other than that I got nothing new going on really.

16. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Yeah, something like this happening has to be a parent's worst nightmare. Because she's your mum, she's going to feel this way no matter what you say or do. All you can do is reassure her that you love her and that you know it wasn't her fault. The only thing that's going to help your mum is seeing you get better. Then maybe she will slowly start forgiving herself. So, just concentrate on your own recovery and make sure that she knows she's loved. That's all you can do. =)

17. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher New Member

I am now the Vice President of my University's anime club. I started going midway this year when I realised that I needed to get out more to meet people with similar interests. Our club barely managing to make it through the last few years. I had a chat today with [the person who reaffiliated the club to keep it alive] over the change in leadership. Apparently the club had won awards for being the best cultural club at the University. So I'm setting my aims high to make this club cool again.

Kuze likes this.
  18. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I am "strongly" considering at buying a cat to fill the void of that which I can never possibly have. I might just become a crazy cat guy.

19. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Boy have I fallen behind the times, just finding out what happened, what a difference one accident can make in your life. It’s good to hear that you will be able to recover from this ordeal. Hope that the healing is progressing well and you are still focused on your goals.

20. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

The vacation that almost wasn’t.

A few weeks ago we were ready to take a planned trip to Portugal. The best deal on a flight was out of Logan in Boston scheduled to take off around 9PM. Of course that means driving through the city during the worst of rush hour so the plan was to leave extra early, get through TSA and have a relaxing dinner in the terminal. Even with some early traffic we still get to the car park at 3:45, plenty of time to relax. The wife takes her big bag and heads toward the shuttle bus while I drag the other bags out of the car. As I get everything balanced and head to the bus I hear a commotion up ahead. Rushing up there I find that my wife didn’t realize the curb was higher than normal, caught her foot and did a face plant on the sidewalk. With blood everywhere the only paper I had was the parking receipt so we used that to hold pressure on the wound until the EMT’s got there. They arrived by 4PM, had some real gauze and were able to see the damages. Some abrasion around the nose which could be cleaned, but a definite split upper lip which would need stitches, so they called for an ambulance. I put all the bags back in the car and waited for the ambulance which arrived by 4:10. They got her loaded up and gave a choice of two hospitals. They said the local community one was not very busy so we went there. After five miles of heavy traffic we got there about 4:45. Now I’ve been in ER’s plenty of times to know that nothing happens fast if it’s not life threatening. As we’re waiting for nurses and doctors to do their stuff I’m watching the minutes pass knowing that the ticket counter to check our bags closes at 8:06. Once the shock wore off my wife says she doesn’t want to give up on the trip and I’m looking on my phone for airline contacts to reschedule if necessary. By the time the stitches are in and the doctors give the OK it’s 7:10. Since the ambulance took us we need a taxi to get back. We finally get back to the car park at 7:45, no shuttle bus yet but I need to get our luggage back out of the car, which has already been parked in the lot. Seemed like forever but the attendant got our car as the bus was pulling in. Luckily the driver had been there at the time of the accident and knew we had to get a move on. He got us to the terminal right at 8PM and our airline counter was the first one in from the door and still open. We were able to check all our bags, get through TSA and reach the gate before loading started. Certainly not a dull start for vacation, even if we did look like the walking dead.

Shannon Apple likes this.