Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

My dog became really sick three days ago. He was vomiting and having diarrhea. He became so weak that we rushed him into an emergency vet. Turned out he had pancreatitis. He was kept overnight and sent home the next day with medicine as the doctor believed he could recover. But the medicine did not seem to be working one bit, no matter what we did. He lost his appetite so we were having to give him fluids and nutrition via a hollow syringe in his mouth. Took some relatives to the airport early this morning, come home, and he had evacuated his bowels. And as I was standing there, trying to assess everything, he just collapsed. I took him, held him, and called my sister, who is a vet. She rushed over and did everything she could. But he died in my arms. 15 years. He had been with me for 15 years. Raised him since he was a puppy. It hurts, it really hurts. I picked a spot, dug his grave, and have laid him to rest. He's at peace and no longer in pain. I will miss you so much.
    A hard start for the day.

2. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

When it's time to pass on, I don't think any living creature can ask for more than being in the comfort of a lifelong friend and companion. You done good.

RIP doggo.

3. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

Thank you for the kind words.
    It could have gone another way. I was very tired that morning and had just laid down when I heard him shuffling around in his kennel. I debated staying in bed and sleeping, but chose to check on him instead. Because I chose to check on him, he died in my arms, knowing he was loved rather than dying alone. As painful as it was for me, I am so deeply glad that he went like he did with me right there. I was completely inconsolable that day. I told friends and family to leave me alone and I just stayed in bed all day. I'm better now, but it's going to be a while before I'm 100%

4. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

I took some friends up to the U.P. for some camping and fishing a couple months ago and they had a blast. As much as I enjoy it alone normally I always enjoy sharing those experiences with others. Lots of hiking, visiting old abandoned towns, mines, and waterfalls. Enjoying truly wondrous night skies, and just forgetting everything else. Being able to turn on the radio and hear about the state record trout catch rather than politics.

Been hunting some bushy-bois in between work trips. I quarantine every time I come back so it gives me something to do alone out in the woods. It's one of those things where it's good to get back outside; I strongly believe there's a healing property in being out in the northwoods.

I started seriously considering dropping out of society, pretty much have my debts paid off and I already own more than I could ever need. I could just buy a place up north and go do my own thing. I guess I have settled on the idea of buying property but I'm not sure if I just want a place to be able to go and recharge every once-in-awhile or a place to call home. I guess it's easy to look at the negatives of 2020 and say "fuck it I'm done" than pick out all the actually good things that are going on right now in life. Sometimes we gotta just recharge for a bit.

5. tripplej

tripplej Established Member

2020 has been a very interesting year. We have been working from home since the start of the pandemic which allowed us to do some home remodeling. We have been in the house over 20 years and as with anything over time, lots and I mean lots of things were breaking down in the house.

So, at the start of the summer, we started remodeling.

If you are interested, you can go to link here to see the updated video's for the various updates

One final project is ongoing - update on backyard patio, to be completed within a month or so..

#285 tripplej, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  6. Enies

Enies Famous Member

any pictures of this beautiful outdoor?