Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

2. Shadow Fox

Gold Founder

3. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

omfg shes precious, and looks like my criminal pepper!

[​IMG]

Shadow Fox likes this.
  4. Shadow Fox

Gold Founder

very beautiful.

5. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Dont let her fool you, shes a criminal through and through!

[​IMG]

Shadow Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

It was a long journey, but I am now home. Well, my new home. Quite a transition as I had to drive over 2,000 miles just to get here. Going from a major city to the middle of nowhere. There are dense forests as far as the eye can see, only broken up by the roads that run through them. Just to get to my home, you have to travel through a narrow gravel road.
    [​IMG]

Over 7 acres of nothing, but nature. Nothing to listen to, but the birds and insects. Dense, deep forests surrounding me. Very quiet, very comforting. I can be myself without worrying about anyone else.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Took months to get Internet. Had to get creative just to get anything working out here. But everything is now good. Spend my evenings looking out the bay window and watching deer emerge from the woods to graze upon my newly trimmed grass. So much rain. It has rained more in the four months I have been here than it rained in the last 10 years from where I came from. An adjustment I don't mind one bit as I adore rain. But here, I am completely alone. And I feel better for it.

7. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Nice place bro. Being at peace in nature is good for the soul. I've been out a lot this year hiking, biking, camping pretty much every chance I get. Small game season is here so I've been out hunting a lot too, made a few good meals. Gunna start growing some food indoors for funzies (I must be getting old lol).

My parents are at that age where they are starting to talk about themselves as "a burden," and "what they are going to do" like put themselves into an old folks home. Honestly it really hurts me when they talk like that, I've never said anything like that and I've always told them I want them to be happy. I haven't been visiting them that much this year with all the COVID stuff, I think it's taking a toll on them and I feel awful. My step mom wants to move to somewhere warm and my dad would love to stay in the northwoods for the rest of his life; I told them if they just want a change of scenery and want to move to another state I'd make it happen; I guess I don't know what to do or say, I want them to be independent do do the things they want, I had never even thought about them being in some kind of retirement community. My mom says it might just be easier for them but maybe that means I need to just move close and visit more often COVID be damned.

Work sucks. COVID destroyed most civilian aerospace contracts, they dismantled my Research and Development department and absorbed me into another part of the company. management was replaced with a bunch of idiots that don't know our industry that promise the stars to the new company holders, they also fired a lot of my friends for bullshit reasons. I am definitely leaving, just waiting to see what my parents want to do, I'll move close to them and maybe they will feel better.

Anyways I hope you all stay healthy, do fun things, and live a good life.

8. Shadow Fox

Gold Founder

harvest season is upon us which means that I will soon be working 10-12 hour long shifts at work. Starts monday. Not going to be a lot of fun. Also, I had a major tooth pulled. I didn't have the money for a root canal but maybe in a few years I might sell one of my magic cards once the price spikes again and then get me an replacement.

9. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

Managed to get some work, although I do have travel a bit for it.
    The work is...well, let's just say I will be in some very "mature" films, putting it mildly.
    It's all on the up and up with very extensive background checks and testing before even being allowed to be on set in any form. Been working for about a week now and it's amazing! Making friends with the crew and other cast. Obviously not a huge production, but one that I never imagined being a part of. Not making a ton of money, but the pay is decent enough. Just a few scenes that I'm in, but if I do well enough, they may have me come back for other productions as my current contract is just for three pictures.
    My uncle is set to visit me very soon so it will be nice to see him again. Been a few years since I was at his place.

10. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Oh nifty, I hope the shoot goes well for you! I have a friend who works in that industry and she LOVES it!

Im looking at a possible promotion at work, nothing is set yet, but both my managers are rooting for me, so heres hoping!

11. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I haven't been around the forums in a few weeks. (I put some measures in place to stop bots from signing up and appear to be working). I have been popping into the Discord here and there though, so the guys and girls that frequent there know this already.

In late September, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was told that it was a stage 0 DCIS and I had surgery to remove it pretty soon afterwards. DCIS is a non-invasive ductal carcinoma. The pathology showed that there was, in fact, a small amount of invasive cancer there, so this week, they went back in to remove some lymph nodes for biopsy, so had to go through a second surgery. I'm told that it's highly likely that the lymph nodes will be clear, they just have to be 100% certain. I am currently sore, but in okay spirits. You know, waiting for these things is always the most nerve wreaking, but I'm a little more relaxed now. I will get the results in about a week from now provided they don't change my consultation date. Please God, everything will come back clear and I can start the radiation therapy soon.

12. tripplej

tripplej Established Member

Sorry to hear of your cancer diagnosis. Luckily, it was found in the early stages so that will help you for full recovery.

My mom had breast cancer and they ended up removing one breast. They then tried using her own fat to create a replacement but in the end it was rejected from her own body so she ended up having an implant done. She didn't have to go thru any radiation. She is ok now but it was a traumatic experience for her so I can understand what you are going thru. Have faith.:)

13. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Thanks @tripplej. =) I am trying to remain positive. ^^

tripplej likes this.
  14. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Sounds like the docs are top-notch being thorough. With how much medicine has advanced regarding cancer treatment you're definitely in good hands. The tough things make life all the more sweeter when you finally get through these ordeals.

Shannon Apple likes this.