Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

2 is always better than 1! super cute coloring on that guy
    And they do grow up so fast T.T One of my nieces last birthday I was convinced she was turning 13 when in fact it was 14. I'm still in denial that she is a teenager.

After a clusterfuck with the last sofa we bought for the basement, we finally reselected another this weekend. Though I'm pissed cause its going to be like 6 weeks before its delivered. I'm trying to get other pieces purchased but I like to visualize as I go and I can't do that without the main piece of furniture there >.> And besides gray I still haven't decided the accent color. I've got like a billon tabs open with different rugs. This is going to be a long process lol

2. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm I have been slowly remodeling the new house that I bought when I moved back to OK. Here are some of the pics of what I have been doing recently. Which is an entire kitchen remodel. By myself :(

This is where it all started

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess when I get further into my project I will post more, but all of this is about a months worth of my time :(

3. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Looks exhausting. Sleep must have felt really good.

Awesome DIY remodeling.

Interest1ng likes this.
  4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

My family has become so cowardly. They used to be proud of who they were and what they stood. They weren't obnoxious about it, but they did so in a way so others knew where they stood and why. But lately, they have stopped all of that. They seem to care so much about not offending anyone or making anyone feel uncomfortable at all. They are throwing away what they stand for random strangers. These aren't even other family members or friends. Just any random person on the street. I refuse to follow suit. I am living my life as I always have. But now, my family is distancing themselves from me, claiming that I will just start trouble by being myself.
    When did they lose who they were? At home, they are just as proud and stall worthy as ever. But go beyond our ranch gates and suddenly, they cower and cow tow to everyone and everything.
    What happened?

käwäii likes this.
  5. Interest1ng

Sounds like a shift in what is deemed "acceptable" to society. It can impact even the proudest of people.

6. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

Going to enroll in a martial arts class at a gym near the office. Now that I'm going with a bunch of the guys from work, I hope I won't wuss out after a month like last time.

Narilka likes this.
  7. Mr. Mister

The reason I am who I am today is because of them. They taught me their history, my proud family heritage, and everything else I now hold dear. They taught me to never hide who I was, obviously don't be in your face about it, but to just simply be content in what you are and where you stand. I think they have changed also because they are getting older and are afraid of losing what they have worked so hard to get. It's sad to see them turn into this. But at the same time, it makes me stand firmer and not wish to alter in any way.

8. Interest1ng

I get that, but just remember that there is a time and place for everything. So pick and choose your battles.

9. Mr. Mister

I may have found the suit I have always desired. I checked, double checked, and even triple checked it just to make sure. It fits all the dimensions I would need it to fit. I even contacted the seller to confirm some suspicions I had. Everything has checked out. I just have to get the damn thing now. Easy said than done.

10. Matemar

Matemar Corvus

I can hang from the rim, I just need a bit more to dunk. (y)

11. Interest1ng

So I have made some more progress. I finally got the rest of the cabinets painted over the weekend, and hung. Let me tell you that it is a pain in the ass to hang cabinets by yourself. holding them up with one hand and trying to screw them into a stud with the free hand and hope that they stay level.

Countertop has been ordered. Sink is on its way. I do have some plumbing to correct before putting the cabinet in for the sink as the hot water pipe is shorter than the cold water and with my new cabinets wont stick up high enough for me to re-connect the lines. I thought about doing Plex Pipe, but I didn't want to waste time trying to cut the copper and re-route it through the wall. I do however have to create new drain pipes as my new sink will only have a single drain. And I have to order the floors and finish the pantry.

[​IMG][​IMG]

cberg likes this.
  12. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Baby is 2 months now and coming along nicely in size and development. And I go back to work in less than 3 weeks :eek: I feel like I need a vacation already lol
    I've been trying to get small projects done around the house but her lack of napping is making that difficult. I always feel so unproductive >.>
    The service light came on in my car again and not long after we dropped some major cash on repairs. I'm going to push for a new car again
    [​IMG]

Interest1ng, Fantasy and Kuze like this.
  13. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Kawaii ~~~ Serioualy already? I spend a year and half with mine at home and later xenny 6 months.. and we complain our laws are unfair....

Well about me and personal life. I am a teacher who is like a year back to her job. Right now I feel like a hamster in a wheel: home, job, day care, food and somewhere in between anime and gaming. Aside of this stuff i am pretty active in an additional sides of being teacher projects, seminars and other things. That is why I am quite passive on the site, you can see me more in a chat room. This year I began reading about the stuff for PhD and decided to wait at least a year because I don't have required qualifications. So my plan for the next year are scientific articles about education :)

Aside of this I try to stay an active gamer and anime watcher. However, have to admot it ia difficult right now i am playing dragon quest builders, bunch of harvest moon and waiting for my mother's day present Stardew valley (ps4) :)

PS. School year is almost over, can't wait!!!! summer is almost here!!! ^_^

cberg likes this.
  14. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Yep the US is on par with Lesotho, Swaziland and Papua New Guinea when it comes to parental leave >.>
    Most places have 0 paid maternity or paternity leave. The federal government does mandate that you can take up to 12 weeks job protected leave, but that is unpaid and only if the employer qualifies under that law. Technically my employer doesn't meet the requirements to have to follow this law, but luckily they're not total pieces of shit and still follow federal guidelines. I was also lucky that I have enough vacation, sick and personal time to keep me paid during the 12 weeks. Most people don't have that and can't afford to go the full 12 weeks. Welcome to America where family values matter lol

15. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Ive been studying Japanese for a few weeks now, mostly just learning my hiragana, and how to read, since the textbook I have uses the "sink or swim" method of immersion lol
    Im still enjoying it though, and I like how theres a heavy emphasis on the grammer from the begining. I also finally got my denshi jisho in the mail today! I love this thing! I have figured out how to use the japanese to english dictionary, so i shouldnt have any issues with it.

[​IMG]

in other news I had my new grown up real adult sofa delivered, and omfg do I love it. our old sofa was so crappy and unsupportive, I hated it with a passion. This thing is like sitting on a cloud.

Narilka, Saturna and Kuze like this.
  16. Mr. Mister

Whelp, good news and bad news all around for me.

First, I did not manage to get that suit. Was beaten out at the last minute. But lo and behold, I found one that was even better and cheaper as well. That one I snagged and now I just need to pay and wait for it to arrive. Going to have something bad ass to wear to the next convention for sure. This thing is well worth it in every sense of the word. It honestly is probably a few thousand dollars worth of work and I got it for far, far less than that. I am very excited as this means I can sell the others I have, netting me money and also clearing up much needed space. I will post pictures once I get her.

Now, for bad news. We recently acquired a pure breed bulldog. Love him to death as he is too adorable for words and loyal as all hell. When I got him, he had a parasite in his system. After medication rounds, he is now clean. But we decided to get the other dogs tested we had, just in case. Surprise, they all have the parasite. But that's not the bad news. It turns out our German Shepard, which we saved many years ago when we found her roaming the streets late at night, has cancer. She had some growths on her belly that had formed and the vet tested them to find them to be cancer. The vet says she wouldn't survive the treatment as she is too advanced in age. All that can be done is her life be made comfortable as possible. She is the sweetest dog I have ever known. She is incredibly smart and obeys without hesitation. It pains me to know what the future may hold for her. But I will treat her the same and adore her as I have all these years. Maybe just a little more.

käwäii likes this.
  17. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

A lots been going on. I started back at work. I'm a little annoyed cause I will have to train the new guy for a few days (I've been off the street for almost a year, let me remember how to do the job lol). But luckily he is almost done with training so I don't have to do much. Our au pair comes on Friday, so I've been trying to finish getting everything prepared. I'd like to get the house cleaned up some before she comes, but the baby just isn't letting me do much. Welcome to your new home, sorry we're slobs :p She's still awful at napping, god forbid she misses anything. She's been very talkative and is so close to saying mama. She sure is trying hard so I'm hoping she'll be saying it within the next few weeks. Hello should be a close second. No sign on dada yet though lol

Narilka, Interest1ng and Fantasy like this.
  18. Interest1ng

I don't think that I have shared any updates from what I have done sooooooo without further adieu here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tripplej and Fantasy like this.
  19. Neon Walrus

Neon Walrus Mad Clown Disease
    Contributor Gold Founder

I finally went and got some pictures framed.

This first one, the picture is actually a transparency:

[​IMG]

Everyone loves this character:

[​IMG]

Narilka likes this.
  20. Mr. Mister

I have had a pain in my tooth all weekend. When I would bite down, it was like the nerve within the tooth had been hit. I can physically touch the tooth with my fingernail and it hurts. I called my aunt who trains dentists and she told me I either pinched the nerve and caused it to be bruised or it's an infection. I'm hoping for the pinched nerve, but I fear it could be an infection. If it's an infection, I'd have to have it fixed because otherwise, the infection will penetrate into my gums and could start eating away at my jaw. My issue is I don't have dental insurance. I was supposed to get it through my work, but due to the boss becoming cheaper, I was never made full time to get the insurance. I hope I can find a solution because I don't want to have my jaw eaten away simply because I don't have the money to get it fixed.