Personal Let's talk more about our personal lives!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saturna, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

It isn't attached to the wall. That is my bathroom floor.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

And here I thought shitting sideways was a thing in 1st world countries.

The_Archangel likes this.
  3. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

@Fantasy that sounds tough, but seems like you're not holding back the punches to get what your son needs. Keep at it!

I've been busy.. but with nothing too notable. Life continues as always. My biggest dilemma right now is trying to figure out which dress and shoes to wear to a wedding this weekend.. so yea.

Fantasy likes this.
  4. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Damn you Snape, now I won't be able to un-see that.

5. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

You know they sell tiles with patterns, right?

6. Interest1ng

I do, but I took up the tile that was on the floor because I wanted the transition from my kitchen to each room to not be super elevated. That is why I decided to paint the concrete in this bathroom. The stenciling came after due to a bright idea my wife had :D

7. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I had a filling done less than 12 hours ago, and now it fell out. Part of my too broke in one of my front teeth so they removed the whole part of it and added a filling or something, now it's fallen out. I am rather, upset.

8. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

I feel your pain. Had a similar problem last year, front tooth, couldn't keep a filling for long and the damage kept getting bigger every time. Finally the dentist says that the tooth can't be patched any more and needs a crown. That worked well for about two months, then the crown broke off while biting into a pizza crust, of all things. Brought it back to the dentist hoping to have it recemented back in. Nope, when it broke it took more of the tooth with it and can't be repaired. End result, tooth had to be pulled, wait for gum to heal to take an impression and then had a partial made to fill the gap. Good luck with yours.

9. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Sounds an awful lot like "You owe me a free Implant" to me. All that shoddy work they should give you a free tooth.

10. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Get some titanium implants. Like those special forces K9 unit.

11. ReymousFumes

ReymousFumes Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Nerd
    Contributor

So I just received the best news today... "Your entire f-ing identity has been stolen by a deliberate hacking attempt because the hospital you've been visiting was attacked." Jesus f-ing Christ.

So for quite a long time, I was visiting a polyclinic for anxiety issues. It didn't help much, so I stopped that bullshit. But if my records (my name, address, age, gender, etc.) were stolen, this would probably mean trouble for me if someone use that info against me. I don't know, it's not as if my visitation was anything that serious, I guess (it's not as if I have schizophrenia), but I did leak some sensitive information regarding my private habits to my doctor that I would reaaaaaaally rather people not know, if you know what I mean, especially when it involved a childhood trauma of mine when I was molested.

Well, this sucks. They said that they reported the hacking to the police now, but what the f*** does that matter? My records have been f-ing stolen, and they said no other patient records were stolen, as if to imply mine (among a few handful others) were deliberately stolen for some devious reason. Jesus Christ.

What a terrific news to wake up to, you guys!

12. Interest1ng

To be fair I don't really care for these things. Steal my identity. Just don't ruin my credit LMAO. But for the first 10 years of my military career I would get at least 2 e-mails a month saying a government laptop with my person information on it has been compromised.

13. ReymousFumes

Contributor

Well, to be fair, it's not just my identity, but also - as I've detailed clearly in my prior post - my medical records containing sensitive information regarding my past. Unless you've committed war crimes or was molested by a high ranking officer or something, I don't see much for you to lose.

Anyway, it's beside the point. This invasion of privacy is totally despicable. The worst part is that the polyclinic just shrugged their fucking shoulders and said, "Sorry kid, we called the cops and that's it. Best of fucking luck to you, moron."

14. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Thats super fucked up man. Have you contacted all credit bureaus to keep people from opening new accounts in your name?

Ive got no other advice though, hopefully everyrhing will be all right.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  15. ReymousFumes

Contributor

That's actually good advice.

I might call up the polyclinic soon, file a complaint or something, make them give me some kind of monetary compensation. I don't know. They should be more responsible for this, especially when the polyclinics in my country are supposed to be government-sanctioned.

16. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

If you pull out your copy of the hitchhikers guide and go to page one you'll find your best advise, "Don't Panic".
    I doubt that you'll be able to get any monetary compensation without being able to show an actual loss as a result of the breach. However, you should definitely be able to get some kind of monitoring service paid for by the clinic. Probably should change passwords for any sites that could be linked to whatever info the clinic might have on you, and scan your emails for notices about any such activities being attempted. As far as personal information being accessed, most of the time it's not being used for slander but rather to get reimbursed by making fraudulent medical claims. It may not be easy, but you should be okay with due vigilance.

17. kura

kura lay back and think of England

My parents are leaving the UK in October. My family and I moved here from Sydney when I was 13. My sister did her undergraduate degree here in the UK but quickly went back to Sydney. It's confusing for me because naturally they really want me to come back but I've started to set up my life here and making positive steps towards a career path based in the UK.

I'm really close with my parents and I'm so heartbroken that they're leaving. And moreover, that I might never live in the same country as them again.

18. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

To be fair, it's not like there's a lot that's super special about those laptops, especially if you have one they allow to connect to commercial internet. It's really just locked down based off of whether you're in the admin user group or not.

19. Interest1ng

Too true. I was just using it as an example of shit happens. Hopefully they didn't get any actual information from them, but who knows.

20. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I flunked the school year. I'll have to repeat the year. Funny thing is, I failed the physics exam, I was devastated, then I decided that I would go to my electrical components exam, pass that and then go beg the physics professor to let me pass. I was sure that I would pass, I had hope, and then... I failed... again. I was devastated all over again.

I would have been in my last year if I passed and would have been able to get a job after that, but since that is no longer the case, I've decided that I'll pick up programming.

I hate school so much, that I really don't know how I'm going to handle this for an extra year tbh...