Fantasy Little Witch Academia (TV)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

TV series of Little Witch Academia.

In detail: here

Trailers:

Air Date: Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

I really couldn't get on the Hype of "Trigger Saves Anime" because I never really liked anything that Trigger has done. I've honestly found most of their works to be garbage...

Yet I feel as this...THIS ANIME...could not only be Anime of the Season, but anime of the YEAR.

The visuals, Animation, Music, Characters al packed into one episode right off the back PERFECTLY. Add in it being 25 episodes, man I am HYPED!!!!

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Lel, Trigger haven't done enough shows to warrant that.

4. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Daaaayumn, I've been waiting this. Haven't yet seen the first episode, but nevertheless, this is the series I'm gonna watch immediately when the episodes come out. Last time was probably for Oregairus second season. Let's hope this will be a good one!
    Gotta agree with that.

5. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

I don't really know what to say about LWA. The first episode just felt good. The art is nice, there were quite a few good animation scenes, and it's got a fantasy world that feels very immersive (to me anyway) even though we haven't even seen a whole lot of it yet.

Definitely top of the season for me so far.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Of course they haven't but people love to claim they do.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Another great episode. The music continues to be top notch and the animation is fantastic (surprisingly).

Sucy sniffing that Cauldron smoke had me rolling though, she's awesome. I love that she plays tricks on Akko as well.

Aww man typical rich/smart girl enter the fray, well she wasn't good enough right?!?!

I also think it's pretty obvious now that
    Ursula Sensei is Shiny Chariot...agreed?

8. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

There seems to be a movie and ova, should I watch those before this or after, or when ever I feel like it?

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I fi can remember they have nothing to do with this story. More or less character introduction and crazy shit going on.

10. Shanigami

Shanigami Actually a Ghost
    Gold Founder

yeah that's what I'm thinking

11. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

So far this has been everything I've expected it to be. I like the quirkiness, and the art-style and animation is very pleasing. Really interested in what they have in mind regarding the plot, 'cause I just remembered that this is gonna be 25-episodes long, so they'll have plenty of time to do some development and whatever they have in mind. Oh, and even though I don't really mind about fan-service, I'm not for or against it, it's kinda refreshing to see a series that doesn't push it, I like that.

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Why is Akko's development so bad? We get that she's not as skilled as others, but my god it's always something going wrong for her. Can we get an episode where she does something right? Not just out of dumb luck either, something that takes skill.

A Lack of Sucy isn't a good thing as well.

13. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Kinda funny you''d say that. 'Cause I was gonna write about it, that why people think Akko's development is bad, but I can't quite concur with it. They have a 25-episode season worth of time, so I'm guessing within a couple of episodes we start to see change in Akko's development. I think they haven't yet started doing that, because they want to present the world and characters with no hurry to the viewers. Maybe they have set it up so that now there will be some longer story arc set for Akko, and we see her start succeeding.

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Little Witch Academia TV Anime's BD/DVD Releases Have English Subtitles

The official website for the Little Witch Academia television anime revealed on Monday that the series' Blu-ray Disc and DVD releases will have English subtitles. The first Blu-ray Disc and DVD volume is slated to ship on April 19.

[​IMG]

The Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade anime shipped on Blu-ray Disc and DVD with Japanese, English, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, and Italian subtitles last year. The Blu-ray Disc release of the original 30-minute Little Witch Academia anime also included English subtitles in 2013. Studio Trigger streamed the original anime with English subtitles in both 2013 and 2014.

The television anime premiered on January 8 on Tokyo MX, BS11, and Kansai TV. Netflix is streaming the series.

Source: here

15. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

The original ova thing was awesome.

16. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The anime's pretty good too.

17. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

What's your opinion people so far? I like it, it's pretty much what I expected it to be, not much complaints. But now I'm starting to wonder how the series will turn out to be. There are quite a few episodes still left, and there really hasn't been any concrete focus regarding the plot. I don't mind 'monster of the week' type of shows where the plot isn't the main focus, and the show just 'floats' on it's world. On my last post I thought they would start moving on within couple of episodes and get that focus with the plot, but still I don't see it. But otherwise this has been a good show (so far). Do you guys have any complaints?

18. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This anime has been underrated all season. Episode 11 was so good, and we're getting some more progression now which is awesome.

This soundtrack is unbelievable as well. I'm actually considering buying it.

19. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Kinda hard to say personally if it's been underrated, I don't really know what the general consensus is. But IMO it's a great show. so glad they actually made this series. Maybe if this gets success, they'll do more material in the future. :coffee:

20. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

it's getting 24 episodes which I think will be enough.