Mystery Live-Action ERASED Netflix Series

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The streaming service Netflix announced on Monday that it is producing a Japanese live-action series adaptation of Kei Sanbe's Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) manga.

The series will debut in 190 countries later this year in winter.

Ten Shimoyama (live-action SHINOBI - Heart Under Blade) is directing the series, with scripts by Tomomi Ōkubo. The Kansai TV/Cocoon production is filming in 4K resolution in Hokkaido's Tomakomai City, the real-life locale depicted in the original manga. Furukawa happens to be 29 years old in real life, just like the adult Satoru Fujinuma.

[​IMG]

Cast and further read: here

#1 Kuze, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm...I dunno how well that will work. The catch to Erased is ofc that its cast is largely populated by kids but the mc is actually an adult and you hear his thoughts while he talks with a kid voice. I don't think that would work in live action. And in general kids don't make for the best actors. (because y'know...they're kids) I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Have to say though: good choice for Sachiko. As anyone whos's seen the anime would agree...best girl. :love:

3. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

Are there actually people that watch the live actions instead of the anime? ive still never seen a good one of these. But maybe they will change the last 2 episodes of Erased to make it not suck, id definitely watch it then.

4. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I am also skeptical if this could be pulled off since the cast is dominantly kids. I know you don't care for the ending in the anime. Have they changed endings before for live action films @DamianWinters?

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

I don't think that'll be the case (as per given details and considering this is the final cast list). They've only listed the child cast of Hinazuki and Satoru; so given a different approach/direction they might completely eliminate the child quartet of Kazu, Kenya, Osamu and Hiromi. Only Kenya's older version has been casted.

Also forgot to list the actors to their corresponding characters. So here it is (refer to the image in spoiler tags in my first post).

Top row, left to right:

Reo Uchikawa as Satoru Fujinuma (child)
    Mio Yūki (Death Note, Assassination Classroom, As the Gods Will) as Airi Katagiri
    Rinka Kakihara as Kayo Hinazuki (child)

Center row, left to right:

Shigeyuki Totsugi as Gaku Yashiro
    Yūki Furukawa (Itazura na Kiss, Laughing Under the Clouds, Lychee Light Club) as Satoru Fujinuma (adult)
    Tomoka Kurotani as Sachiko Fujinuma

Bottom row, left to right:

Noriko Eguchi as Akemi Hinazuki
    Jin Shirasu (Happy Marriage!?) as Kenya Kobayashi (adult)
    Hidekazu Mishima as Sawada

6. Narilka

Hmm so maybe the story will change then if they are changing the age range. That might be interesting then.

7. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

They have definitely changed things in live action shows before, mostly cutting out alot of content. But other things like Death Note for example changed the ending of the show quite alot, not evening doing anything with near or mellow. It was honestly better than the anime or manga ending even if it still wasn't the ending I wanted.

This no other kids stuff gives me hope that this live action may give me a better ending and closure to the show, don't want to get hopes up but im kinda excited for it now :p. It might make the rest of the show weaker but if it has a good ending thats all I want.

Narilka likes this.
  8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Here's the first key visual for the series. The series will premiere in Japan on December 15, and is slated to debut in 190 countries this winter.

[​IMG]

9. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

So 'Weeber Things' then.

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Minus shitty retro sci~fi horror and with extra fillings of heart-aching feelz.

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Netflix is streaming a trailer for the live-action Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) series. The video previews the series' ending theme song "Akane" by Kanojo in the Display.

12. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

@Kerberos @Narilka @DamianWinters

Netflix U.S. is now streaming the live-action Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) series. The stream is available with English subtitles.

13. Narilka

@Kuze this might actually be a good live action film. I will tey and check it out soon.