Action Luke Cage

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Oh Snape, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Couldn't be less interested. My only experience in seeing him is via Spider-Man stuff (games n such), and never did I become curious about seeing his standalone stuff, let alone a TV series. He just never seemed interesting to me.

3. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

Nah this looks like trash fam.

4. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Luke Cage is the next step. They already introduced him in Jessica Jones. I imagine it will be pretty good since they did a good job with both Jessica Jones and Daredevil in my opinion. I'm sure it will be up to par with the other 2 series. Then we will have Iron Fist. Which completes the back stories for characters in the Defenders. Though both of those are supposed to be released sometime 2017 so it feels like they may be starting to rush things.

5. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I'll be watching it. I love Marvel, though I cant say I'm a big Luke Cage fan. The first season of Daredevil was good (Haven't watched the second) and Jessica Jones, despite a rocky start for about a quarter of the series, turned out to be fantastic. I'm not terribly thrilled with Marvel's decision to make a Defenders mini-series without any of the core members from The Defenders. Hell, to my knowledge, Jessica/Jewel has never been on any incarnation of the team.

Why couldn't they call it Heroes for Hire? You have the two core members of that group. At the very least, I hope to see Iron Fist and Luke Cage rolled into a single series after the first season. That'd be very cool.

6. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Luke Cage looks good, and I am excited for The Defenders and Iron Fist. Can't wait and Jessica Jones Season 2.

7. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

why all the hate? Luke Cage is a badass character. On par with daredevil or jessica jones.

8. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

One of these days, I will have to seriously look into getting Netflix myself. With all their original series as well as the regular shows and movies they carry, I may have to get involved. But this might turn out well, as other superhero series have.

9. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

It was very entertaining. Daredevil's 2nd season was still the epitome of super-hero tv shows to me, though.

10. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Good show with a great setting. In a way it was a love letter to Harlem and I appreciated that because I recognize a lot of the area. This is more the side of New York that I'm used to seeing. Also, all of the hip-hop influence works pretty nicely. My only problem is that the show kind of deflates in the last handful of episodes.They aren't terrible, but they drag, and the villain at the end isn't nearly as interesting as he should be.

11. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

Dude, Cottonmouth > Diamondback any day. I won't deny that Shades and Mariah were nasty mofos, but I sympathized more with Cottonmouth than Diamondback and his own motives.

Diamondback was literally flung into the plotline in the last third of the show and it was sort of sloppy.

I will say I liked the musical segments from the artists in Harlem's Paradise, and the relationship between Luke and Claire was done well enough that it didn't seem like some shallow shit. Man I love Claire. I fucking can't stand Karen.

12. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Cottonmouth was great, Shades was kinda silly, Mariah could be very good moving forward, and Diamondback was bland. Claire's involvement in all of the shows makes her my favorite there. I disagree about Karen though. I think she's a dope character.

13. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

Indeed, Shades was sort of a meme to me as I watched the show, an embodiment of the "evil, hooded Kermit" with also the "thug life sunglasses". I still thought he was a fun character. Mariah was excellent! So nasty! Still, Cottonmouth was the best the show's first half had going for it...his actor is the man!

Claire is bae. She dabes. 10/10

Karen makes me vomit.

14. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Mahershala Ali is fantastic. He just picked up an Oscar nomination too

OctalKey likes this.
  15. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

"Prior to this year, no African-American filmmaker had been nominated for Best Picture, Best Director and one of the screenplay awards -- in this case, Best Adapted Screenplay -- for the same film. Jenkins was named among the contenders for all three for “Moonlight,” which picked up a total of eight nominations, including Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress." CBS

Best Supporting Actor, woo baby! Also props to Jenkins for smacking it out of the ballpark with his three nominations.

16. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

He also ends up with She-Hulk at least in the comics he does. Til she dies in the Ultron storyline.

17. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Diamondback sucked as a villain.
    Bad guys with daddy/mommy-issues is overplayed.

Interest1ng likes this.