News Made in Abyss Anime confirmed for a sequel!!! YaaaaY!!!

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Made in Abyss. Easily the best and my personal favorite show of 2017 has been confirmed for a sequel tv series at the "Deep in Abyss Katari" event, an exclusive event for the Made in Abyss franchise.

Twitter post: here

A new PV is also out.

#1 Kuze, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm somewhat pleased by that. Made in Abyss was a reasonably fun time for me. The characters were paparthin and the story never really picked up as far as I'm concerned. But the world was interesting and the visuals stunning.

I'm hoping season 2 can capitalise on the first season's strengths while improving on it's weaknesses.

Matemar likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The story progressed well enough though. It kept its cards close to its chest initially but towards the 3rd of the series a lot was revealed and they definitely hyped it good for a 2nd season.

4. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh...I know I'm in the minority here (as I so often am, Occultic 9 rioks!, just sayan) but I felt season 1 was just ok. It never grabbed me, I found the characters about as interesting as a bag of bricks and the story never developed itno something I could get into. The only parts I really liked were the far too short a run of episodes we spent with Ozen in the 2nd layer. If the rest of the show had been like that (and featured more interesting main characters) I'd probably have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more. Also I really freaking hated how it ended which to me felt like the cheapest of cop-outs and left me very unsattisfied.

On the other hand though the world was interesting and the visuals and music were fantastic. But overall if I were to list all of the anime I watched this year in order from best to worst this one would probably end up closer to the bottom than the top. Just...wasn't seeing the same things nearly everyone else seems to have seen in it.

But as I said, that's almost always the case with big hit shows. (never got to like Madoka Magica either for instance)

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

So that sequel work is probably a film, as has been revealed by the latest update. It's titled Gekij┼Źban Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei (Made in Abyss the Movie: Dawn of the Deep Soul). The anime's official website also posted a teaser visual for the project.

[​IMG]

6. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

This show had some weird, awkward, creepy as hell body humour.

Stunning animation tho.

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

That body horror gonna get creepier once the new arc starts.

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The first Made in Abyss compilation film (which'll recap the first half of the 1st season) will have its U.S. premiere under the title Journey's Dawn at Regal Cinema (L.A. LIVE) in Los Angeles on March 15.

9. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sentai Filmworks has announced that the first Made in Abyss compilation anime film will screen in theaters in the United States on March 20 and 25. The screening on March 20 will feature Japanese audio with English subtitles, and the screening on March 25 will have the English dub.

The screenings will be a partnership with Fathom Events.

Tickets: here

10. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The 2nd compilation film that'll recap the 2nd half of the first season will debut at this year's Anime Central event/convention on May 17.

11. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Let's see how many creepy pedo scenes we get in this season....

12. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul Anime Film, the sequel to the anime, is scheduled to premiere in January 2020. New promo for the film is out.