Drama March Comes In Like a Lion - Season 2

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kerberos, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

MARCH COMES IN LIKE A LION – SEASON 2
    [​IMG]

Genre: drama, slice of life
    Studio: Shaft
    Director: Akiyuki Shinbou
    Writer: Chika Umino (manga) Yukito Kizawa (series composition and script writing)

This is my most anticipated anime of 2017. I am still hype as all hell for this new season. The first season of March Comes in Like a Lion, in my opinion, was absolute perfection with the only flaw being that it didn’t actually end. Though the fact that this second season was announced right off the bat of the first season finale kind of made up for that.

I honestly cannot wait to get re-acquainted with this fantastic cast of wonderful, complex and deeply human characters and experience the next chapter in their incredible journey of self-discovery. I also cannot wait to see more of that phenomenal visual style you get when you combine the already great artwork of Chika Umino with the visual genius of Akiyuki Shinbou.

The only part that I’m sure we will not be seeing this season either is the ending to the story since the manga is at 12 volumes and still going while the first season in al its 22 episodes didn’t actually make it past volume 5. So the fact that this season will not have a rewarding conclusion either isn’t so much a possibility but rather a certainty.

On the other hand, though, this is Studio Shaft doing it and they have a tendency to expand their shows quite considerably if it’s a big hit which this show certainly is in Japan. So with the Monogatari franchise now finished they might look to this series to turn into their next long-running cash cow. I would for one would certainly love for that to happen.

March Comes in Like a Lion is licensed by Crunchyroll and can be streamed legally on their website.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Here's the English-subtitled trailer for the second season of March comes in like a lion from Aniplex.

3. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

Do we have a complete set of month themed anime? March comes in like a lion, Your lie in April, what else?

EDIT: So on a whim I decided to look it up..

Christmas in January
    February?
    March comes in like a Lion
    Your lie in April
    Devil May Cry (y)
    June?
    July?
    Symphony in August
    9-Gatsu/September
    Saint October
    November?
    Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky

So we're missing February, June, July, and November. Once the set is complete, I'm going to have to do a review on them all.. Along with my review on all the "Re" anime out there.

#3 4xdblack, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Ridiculous. :whistle:

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

March comes in like a lion Season 2 Ending Full『Brian the Sun - Cafuné』

6. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Holy shit this episode...may have been the best of the series. Rei is still being developed as a character as well along with the Sisters and it's fucking brilliant.

"I want to find them, and rip them limb from limb." HOLY SHIT REI!!!! I freaking loved that part. I kinda wished he realized him just being there would be a huge help for Hina.

I liked the whole bit about the ladybug flying towards the sun as well.

Next weeks episode should be interesting. Mainly because Rei says "Well I'm a guy..." Then what sounds like Hina saying "I' a terrible person." (or something seductive along those lines lol)

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

March comes in like a lion Season 2 Opening Full『YUKI - Flag wo Tatero』

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The official website for the second season of the March comes in like a lion anime series revealed a new visual for the second half of the second season. The visual shows Rei and Master Sōya.

[​IMG]

The second half of the season will premiere in January. Unison Square Garden (Welcome to the Ballroom, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Tiger & Bunny) will perform the anime's new opening theme song "Haru ga Kite Bokura" and 14-year-old singer Ruann will perform the new ending theme song "I Am Standing."

Source: ANN

9. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

3-gatsu no Lion Season 2 ED 2

"I AM STANDING" by RUANN

10. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sangatsu no Lion S2 OP2

11. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

ANNOUNCEMENT

The official Twitter account for the anime has announced that the show will go on a three-week hiatus, and will not air episodes on February 10, 17, and 24, due to the broadcast of the 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games. The anime's 38th episode (the second season's 16th episode) will air on Saturday, February 3, and the show will resume with the 39th episode (the second season's 17th episode) on March 3.