Fantasy Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

The modern fantasy manga centers on Arata Miyako, a new government worker assigned to the Shinjuku Ward Office's "Nighttime Regional Relations" department. Each of Tokyo's 23 wards has one such department, which were established to solve paranormal and occult-related events. Arata can understand non-human speech that no one else understands, and he encounters a youkai (supernatural entity) at Shinjuku Gyoen park that calls him Abe no Seimei — the name of a historical Japanese occultist and diviner.

(Source: ANN)

Trailers:

Air Date: Apr 8, 2019

Official Site: here

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Crunchyroll has added the anime to its spring simulcast lineup. They're also streaming an English-subtitled version of the first promotional video.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Funimation will begin streaming the English simuldub of the anime on April 28.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This is fun! You could almost imagine this as a sequel to yokai apartment :D

Its a mix of men in black and ghostbusters. Its quirky but understandable. Its slightly bland but not in a negative way.

I recommend it :)

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Ending Full - Yakusoku no Overture

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This is really good. Just got to the newest episode and the characters feel real. Theyve given them some background and now a new event ties some stuff together. Looking forward to more!

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Im really loving the series. Its got a good mix of humor and drama. It got a little formulaic but still really good. I definitely recommend it.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

It continues! I just did the first of the Vampire episode. Is this bit about most vampires being male and using blood to change sex used in other variations of the trope?? I'm not a vampire aficionado so I don't know the whole gamut.