News Megalobox confirmed for Season 2

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The staff of the anime series have confirmed at the Anime NYC convention that Megalobox 2 is in development. A preview is out as well.

Source: ANN

#1 Kuze, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Shadow Fox likes this.
  2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

I need to finish season 1. Love the animation. Very Battle Angel Alita.

3. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Where in the world would they go with this, other than what the rocky films did? The story wrapped up with basically nothing left to be desired really. I guess they could go with the troupe where megeloboxing's popularity has dwindled or something and joe spices things up again and makes it popular again or some dumb stuff like that. He had no enemies or loose ends at the end of the series so there isn't really isn't anything from S1 that could be used to make a series really.

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

True. In terms of Joe's story, it's gone full circle and I'm not sure if it could go in a better direction. But I feel like season 2 could be about Sachio, you know. Maybe it's his time now. You'll notice at the 11 second mark in the preview video, a young face with bruises on his face. That looks like Sachio. But you can never tell. It's anime. It can go in a totally different direction.

5. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

That is true, I didn't think about him as being the main character. I could totally be down for something like that. I guess maybe if they did a major time skip where things are even more futuristic and stuff and they have a similar character troupe who wants to resurrect the same idea that joe did for the sake of bringing back good old fashioned boxing back to do another man vs machine type of thing that might also work, but definitely sachio's story would be a really good time if done right.