Discussion Microsoft Reveals Xbox One X Console

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kuze, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Microsoft revealed during its Xbox E3 press conference on Sunday that it will release the new Xbox One X console on November 7 worldwide. The console will cost US$499.

The new console has a 6 Teraflop GPU clocked at 1.172 Ghz, 12GB of GDDR5 memory, and 326GB/s of memory bandwidth. The console supports 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc playback and will feature a liquid cooling system. Xbox One accessories will work on the new console.

Xbox One X will feature free updates to enhance games such as Final Fantasy XV and Resident Evil 7.

Further info: read here

2. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

First off: Still will be skipping the next couple of console generations. Just can't keep up with steam sales and the exclusives are not good enough for any system outside of a nintendo if I want to ever play mario and zelda.

Secondly: Daaaaamnnn that is one shiny looking console. If I had no debt, and no car repairs that needed to be had, I would probably get one of these.

3. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I find it difficult to get truly excited about incremental hardware updates until I have it in front of me, even if they're quite impressive. This is still a ways off, but we'll be picking one up at launch for sure.

As a side note, this was a really good conference. Nonstop games, moving on to the next thing within 10 seconds of the last one ending. Minimal talking once the hardware section ended. Good stuff all around.

Bethesda was not good, but that's a discussion for another time.

Red_Dragon likes this.
  4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Plus xbox original games coming to the xbox console family via backwards compatiblity.

Funny after they released data showing backwards compatiblity isn't being used that much. I only bought two games specifically for bc - red dead redemption (which flies and looks great on the xbox one) and the ghostbusters game with the original cast - essentially ghostbusters 3 as dan ankroyd said. both play and sound great.

5. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

Very excited.

This was going to be a day one purchase for my but I decided I'd rather buy an LG OLED TV at year end, so I'll hold this off until next year. Definitely will be buying.

6. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder