RPG Monster Hunter: World

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kuze, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

Monster Hunter: World is an upcoming action role-playing video game to be published by Capcom, and is the fifth primary title in their Monster Hunter franchise. It will feature much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op, and will also allow players globally to play together, a first in the series.

Trailers
    :

Monster Hunter: World is set in an open world environment and played from a third-person perspective. As with previous games in the series, the player takes the role of a Hunter that is tasked by the "Research Commission" to hunt down and either kill or capture large monsters that roam outside their central base of Astera for them to study.

The game will launch worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 26. The game will receive free updates, including new monsters, starting this spring. CAPCOM also plans to launch the game for PC this fall.

Official Site
    : here

14 Minutes of Monster Hunter World Gameplay - Gamescom 2017 (IGN)

2. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

I'm considering getting this. I haven't really touched a Monster Hunter game in a very long time, but that's mostly been due to the consoles they've chosen to release them for, and my lack of interest in them. Now that Monster Hunter is returning to a PlayStation console, though, I may pick it up. Probably not at launch, though.

3. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Day......one.......buy.

I hate deviljho but I’m glad they included him and can’t wait to slay him on exbawks. Love that they added the elder dragons as well. I hope future updates include more monsters like Lao Shen Lung, Shen Gaoren, Gogmazios, or even Fatalis.

4. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I haven't gotten on that well with any of the Monster Hunter games because they're kind of impenetrable, but I've decided to make an effort with this one and grab it day one. I got the edition with the Samurai armor included because it seems to be the closest thing I'm going to get to a Capcom game featuring Samanosuke is 2018. :p

I'll be playing dis and Dragon Ball FighterZ, on the same day *grumble*, on Xbox, and for the first time I should have a full group to play with. I'm excited for that because what I did play of the Wii U one with another person was really fun, albeit because we couldn't figure out where to go, what to do, or why the thing wouldn't die.

Still wish these games didn't have a standard time limit because it's nonsensical, but I'll have to get over it.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The Monster Hunter series Youtube channel is streaming a launch trailer for the Monster Hunter: World game. The game launched worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Friday.

6. Karnage

Karnage Active Member
    Platinum Founder

Picked the game up this morning and I'm at 4-5 star already. I have to say I love the new "open world" aspect as confusing as it may be to get around, and the environmental moves you can make. Monster Hunter in my opinion finally feels like a fresh play and its fun again. I've been playing since the original ps2 port back in 04.

Its nice to see returning monsters as well as new ones. Some are rehashes, but nothing like the simple recolors of the previous games.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

CAPCOM has announced that the game shipped 5 million copies worldwide in its first three days to set a new franchise record. The figure includes digital sales.

8. Chloe

Chloe [adult swim]

Never played the series, probably going to cop this.

9. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Picked it up, been playing it every chance I get.

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

CAPCOM is streaming a trailer for the PC version of the game on Monday. The trailer reveals the game's August 9 release date on the PC via Steam.

11. DcRising

DcRising Newbie

Yeah I will be picking it up for PC. I played it a bit on the PS4 and enjoyed it.

12. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Monster Hunter: World is getting an expansion titled Monster Hunter World: Iceborne in fall 2019. The expansion will feature a new story that begins after the events of the main game, as well as new quest ranks, locales, monsters, moves, and equipment.

Skip to 17:37 of the video to see trailer for the expansion.

13. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

Bought for Black Friday was planning on playing this after Smash but instead it looks like that's going to roll over to KH3, guess I'll have to wait for now.

14. Dunn x Dolo

Silver Founder

Fuck Kingdom Hearts. Go play MHW.

Also Im excited for the expansion. I have my fingers crossed that this means Ukanlos is getting added. I doubt it but it would be pretty awesome if he did.

CataraxCorey likes this.
  15. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

Same! When I saw the nargacuga I went nuts, but I'm predicting Gigi and Barioth, and a little part of me wishes that they can somehow fit Tigrex up in there.

We also have AT NERGI coming up early in 2019, can't wait to see 95% of Hunters get dunked on.

Playing on ps4 and pc btw, MomijiSenpai for the interested... X)

16. Dunn x Dolo

Silver Founder

Well they already claimed that Tigrex was supposed to be part of the complete monster roster for this game. I hope they don't add Gigi or barioth. I didn't really care that much for them. Hopefully we get to see some brand new monsters. I just want them to finally add Alatreon and some other Giant Elder dragons.

17. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Established Member
    Platinum Founder

B...But Sora! D:

I'll see it depends on how much time I have left with Smash, I can always do Smash, then MHW, then KH3

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  18. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

Oh really? Then that explains thr steam banner that had both an Anjanath and Tigrex and yeah, our good ol' Ala would be great too, I miss my LS from him. Looked so edgy. :')

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  19. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The story trailer for the game's Iceborne expansion was streamed. The video previews scenes from the game's story. The expansion launches for PS4, Xbox One on September 6.