Finances Monthly Report: June 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KT Samurai, Jul 4, 2016.

1. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Hey everyone! Welcome to the June financial report.

Sorry for being so late with this one. On the bright side that's mostly because nothing really catastophically interesting took place this month, especially compared to our inaugural first month of May. We paid our monthly fees and, due to the timing of the last few deposits (and a couple of last minute donations), actually ended up with even more money than last month. Hooray!

Expenditures (USD):
    • Server: $9.99
    • Email: $7.83
    Current Available Funds (CDN): $1,874.04

That's all there is to it, really. But there is a couple of things to keep in mind as the month goes on.

This month our tech administrator Shi will continue working on some server-side preparations for a move that will take place a week or two. Shi encountered some unfortunate computer troubles which delayed our efforts to move to a new home. He should get that straightened out soon, and we'll let you know when we're about to make the move. Expect some downtime when that happens, though it shouldn't be all that much (this is why we're in beta!).

One small note about the art commission we paid for last month: it's been delayed. The artist had a rough month last month and needed some time to get things sorted, but is now very close to completing their work so that I may show it off and get some community feedback. I'm still saving it as a surprise, but I thought I'd let you know what was going on with that since we didn't have anything to show for it last month.

That's it! Thanks for your continued support.

Love, KT

Karnage, ThisGuy, Kakuri and 2 others like this.
  2. sanzfei

sanzfei Night Shift
    Platinum Founder

3. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

I like these updates! Nice little way to get back in touch with the contributors. And the way you display everything, paints a vivid picture for us to see what is being done with the finances!

Keep it up!

4. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Gawd Dammit!! Did shi spill barbecue sauce on the server again? How many times do we have to tell him to stop eating Barbecue ribs while he is working!!!!!

5. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

He just won't listen to reason!

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I think, once things have settled down, and we've moved servers, we'll probably look again at the alternative themes. We'll probably keep those to a minimum though because of the work needed to update so many. There are a few small issues with this skin, but those will be addressed.

I actually did bring that skin to the table when we were buying the initial skin. When it came down to this one or tellurium, the vote went to this one. Tellurium is a very nice skin, and if I was starting up a graphics site, that would be my first choice for sure. That's not to say we won't consider it when things have settled down and we're on a better/faster server. Just need to do things the right way as we go along. :)

Shian is always making excuses for his BBQ sauce addiction. You're not supposed to put alcohol in it and then eat tons of the stuff. That's why he keeps friggen spilling it, and then there's the other one with his Bob Marley obsession. Admins nowadays!

7. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

The 'ol BBQ sauce in the server routine when in doubt.