Finances Monthly Report: May, 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KT Samurai, Jun 6, 2017.

1. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Our trend of not spending donator money on anything continues with the month of May. At this point, all we're really doing is paying our monthly service fees to PayPal.

Expenditures:
    - Not a thing

Current Available Funds: $1,595.34

We do have plans to pick up a couple add-ons, perhaps for the month of June. Otherwise, we have no foreseeable expenditures coming up to worry much about.

Special thanks to @Dunn x Dolo for reminding me to make this report. <3

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

How much did we make in interest? Or is that cap just sitting idle? :whistle:

3. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

It's sitting in a PayPal account.

That's a good point, though. How comfortable is the community, and our financial supporters in general, with me putting the money into a different account or into some form of investment? I'm sure the money getting slowly whittled away month after month in a Pay Pal account is not ideal. I'm open to feedback and suggestions on this.

4. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Gawd this site would self destruct without me. Well somebody has to be the Almighty backbone. :p

Narilka, Shannon Apple and KT Samurai like this.
  5. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I was thinking the same as @Kuze considering how little we spend. I like it, make our money work for us!

6. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

I'm fine with the money going somewhere that could help it grow. I mean its not like we are using heaps of it on the site.

I'm not business savy enough to know investments but if I just know if we make a lot of money back then we should divide it evenly. 80% me and 20% other guys. Thats more than fair. :D

7. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

I'd say a little advertisement might be a good investment here. "Sakuga City" doesn't scream anime forum as much as "anime-forum" does. I had been watching anime for 2+ years before I found out what the word Sakuga meant. Probably should have named it something a little more weeb, like Senpai-city.com.

But seriously, we could definitely use a little boost in new members.

8. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

We've opened the community to the PlayStation network and the xbox community too to bring I more members and Shannon has been bringing in new members from Twitter. They already said our next forum move was to make it more google accessible

9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

The best way to do this is honestly word of mouth. If each person who is active got a friend involved, it would double the active membership. We are doing all we can to push SC's name out there. :)

"Sakuga City" was deliberate. I was, in fact, going to buy a very similar name to A4 before I had a chat with the rest of the staff about making a new site. That was right about the time that I decided enough was enough and it was time to do something. XD. We decided between us then that if we were most definitely not going to call it Anime Forums because our community had a much more diverse membership. This was discussed and deliberated for a while between a dozen people. A4 was a general forum with an anime focus. The gaming areas on A4 were just as active as the anime and this was our motivation. Sakuga is a nod to our anime roots, but not so obvious that it would alienate gamers who aren't all that interested in anime.

Many of our older members have grown out of anime, but they are gamers. Sempai-city would have been too cringey XD.

Harlequinn likes this.
  10. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

Someone should tell that to kerb :p

That'd be good.

That's what would make it great.

Harlequinn likes this.
  11. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I believe the term you're looking for is "embarrassing." :p

4xdblack likes this.
  12. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

God knows that anime studios could use the money, why not invest into these companies?