most anticipated games thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yoda313, May 2, 2018.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Holy hell i want this now!

Im not a western fan but i loved red dead. This wil be another one i want. I have it preordered from last year. Better not be delayed again

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding. Well basically watch others stream it cause my system is from the dark ages.

3. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

There's not a lot that I'm super hyped about on the horizon, but 2018 does have quite a few games that I'd at least like to try. Things like New Gundam Breaker, Octopath Traveler, and Dragon Quest XI come to mind, but I'd hardly rank them as things I'm dying to play. Most of my favorite franchises are down or out for the foreseeable future, so I'm a little light on expectations in that sense.

Still, here are the ones I'm most excited about:

Catherine: Full Body (PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita)
    A remake/enhanced port of one of my favorite games is slated for this year and I can't wait to get into it. Frankly, the only reason I haven't gone back through the PS3 and 360 versions again it is that this was announced before I started another playthrough. I'd say it seems unlikely that it'll make it to the west this year seeing as it has a Winter release date for Japan, but whenever it happen's I'll be eager to play it.

Fire Emblem (Nintendo Switch)
    The next game in one of my favorite franchises - and the only one that's actually getting a full, non-spinoff entry this year - you bet I'm excited. I haven't used my Switch very much - especially as of late, but this was the reason I bought it in the first place. Hopefully, it has a great special edition too, seeing that this franchise seems to sell me on them every time, regardless of whether I care about the contents or not.

Project Re Fantasy (Unannounced)
    Like the next Fire Emblem, we don't really know much about this game. Honestly, I highly doubt Re Fantasy will even be out this year, but one can always hope. We don't know much about it, but an Atlus role-playing game with Shoji Meguro serving some sort of role in the music department is alright by me. They rarely let me down, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night (PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita)
    I didn't expect a "follow-up" of Persona 3 to ever happen, Now that it is, I'm ecstatic to get my hands on it. Likewise, I am interested in the Persona 5 equivalent, but not anywhere near as much. Being able to see the cast of my favorite game rendered with beautiful high-quality models has me stoked. Both of the games have Meguro returning to score them so I'm sure they'll be good fun. I can't wait to try 'em out - assuming we actually get them stateside, that's still a little muddy at this point.

#3 Novaire, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

How is Catherine? It seems too far out there for me.

5. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

It's definitely out there and it's certainly one of the most unique titles from the last console generation, but it really is great. The script is phenomenal - I consider the dialogue between characters to be among the best written in any video game. Likewise, the story is also incredibly compelling. As far as the actual gameplay is concerned, it's unusual and it's not for everybody. Personally, I find the puzzle stuff interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of how it actually controls. It's a byproduct of how it had to be designed, I guess. You do get used to it, but it takes a long time. Still, I managed to enjoy it a whole hell of a lot.

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Is it all puzzles? Im not sure id be into that.

7. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

The main gameplay aspect is a puzzle-platformer, yeah, but it's really half that, half adventure game.

Here's a spoiler-free video of the puzzle gameplay that should explain that aspect.

The rest of the game is split into adventure game elements; wandering around a bar, talking to Vincent's friends and the patrons, responding to texts, making decisions, stuff like that.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Thanks novaire.

If i see it on sale ill probably get it. :)

9. phatcows

phatcows Newbie

Cyberpunk 2077 is what I am waiting (at least another year) for.

Kuze likes this.
  10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

It definitely looks the part. GTAxGhostInTheShellxMadMaxxEverythingInBetween.

phatcows likes this.
  11. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Smash Bros Ultimate
    Red Dead Redemption 2

In no particular order.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

13. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor

Frankly, I just don't think it's true. Nathan takes bullets all the time - hence why he'll shout "ouch!" or sound out distressing grunts whenever he takes a shot to the body, and why the bullets themselves stop moving after touching after his person. Even Uncharted 4 is filled with that, so I have a hard time believing that his idea was ever the intention of the development team.

14. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Meh. Nothing really is grabbing my attention except the Resident Evil 2 remake. Cyberpunk looks like a futuristic fallout. Death Stranding is looking okay, but not a "must buy." Fallout is laughable.

Sekiro seems pretty good though.

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Maybe it was the drawing board idea.

However i never understood cover health recovery games. Just hiding behind something doesnt automatically patch a ruptured spleen :D

16. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

Eagerly awaiting Yakuza Kiwami 2.

17. DcRising

DcRising Newbie

I'm super excited for Spider-Man. I haven't played Yakuza 0 yet so I am looking forward to the PC release of that game. Ghosts of Tsushima has me really interested and I have been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for far too long.

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

At least you got trailers for it :)

19. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

That Sekiro trailer looking good. @Struggler

Gonna be a decent match this and Tsushima

20. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

I'm the eternal pit of wating for a never comibg new armored core and well, now that we have a release date, Ace combat 7 in January of 2019 babyyyyyyy.

And then S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 in 2022 lol.