most anticipated games thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yoda313, May 2, 2018.

1. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Cyberpunk 2077
    Metro Exodus
    Spiderman just released, need to get that.

2. ALToxicity

ALToxicity The great and powerful Peridot

I don't know about anyone else but I'm hype for the next pokemon games (not Let's Go, but the ones coming out in 2019, not that I don't want Let's Go). I cannot wait to see what a full Pokemon installment is gonna look like on the switch.

Pretty hype for Diablo 3 on the Switch too. I'm kinda bummed that console versions don't connect to the PC version and I have to start again, but I'm excited to play it anyway.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Blame sony on diablo 3!

Oh wait your talking switch :D

I still csnt believe Sony survived the crossplay fiasco unscathed. Though is it bethesda thats threatened to not release its new card game on ps4 if it doesn't allow crossplay?

4. ALToxicity

Yeah Bethesda threatened to not put Elder Scrolls: Legends on PS4 without crossplay, but they wouldn't dare threaten the success of Fallout 76.

I can understand why they wouldn't want to have PC and Switch Diablo share data, since that would completely negate the purpose of exclusive transmogs/pets/cosmetics and the intended experience of redoing it all in a new format if you can put it all on your already fully completed save from PC.

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

6. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Of course Death Stranding. It's interesting to see something completely new under a different company from Kojima. I'm just interested that will there be some similarities to Metal Gear series, or what kind of direction and style he will go for. I think Kojima can do absolutely great games that don't have to be MG. Even though I'm a MG and Kojima fanboy, if the game sucks when it comes out, I ain't gonna defend that.

7. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

Anyone played Spiderman yet? How is it?

8. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Gonna buy it when some discounts hit, but from what I've seen people are praising it.

9. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

Yeah that's what I see too. I don't currently have a PS4. I used to but I gave it up when I moved to Europe for uni.. but I just might get a new one.

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Spiderman does europe :) maybe thsts where hes going in the homecoming sequel. Hes supposed to be on some trip right?

By tge way i just got back from gamestop on a half day vacation and NO PS4 PROS IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA!!

Yep i wanted to trade in my ps4 for a pro to get better resolution for my psvr. However the guy said he didnt have any new or used. He even called the nearest store thst had one and they literally just sold a used pro while they were on the phone!

I may check online myself tonight. Not that i don't really believe him but just to see it myself. Needless to say i kept my ps4. Im restoring it now after backing it up this morning. At least i know have an exfat formated drive for it and i know how to deactivate and clear it.

He said the shortage was because sony funneled all the pro parts to make the spiderman special edition and are now having to catch up on regulsr units.

11. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

@Matemar @Neji195

I just finished it up yesterday after taking a few days away from it. Its easy for me to recommend waiting for that price drop if you're already in that wheelhouse.

It's a good, solid game, but it's rather short, particularly so for an open-world sandbox game. The story is average length for this kind of game, but I was close to 100%-ing everything that it has to offer in only a couple of days, and it really doesn't feel like this has the no-objective sandbox fun factor of, say, Grand Theft Auto. I chose not to in favor of getting most of my cash back out of it while it was still easy to do so. I'll pick it up again when the inevitable game of the year version drops to twenty dollars, and I'll probably wrap up what I have left then.

That said, no matter when you pick it up, so long as you like Spider-Man, I suspect you'll have quite a good time with it.

#31 Novaire, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Dang sounds like a ten or fifteen hour game. More like uncharted or tomb raider.. as fir open world i can put fifty to sixty hours in a tales of ir assassins creed game.
    easy.

Oh and i couldnt find any ps4 pros at any gamestop nearby. There was one fifty miles away in the next state :D i got my original ps4 fully restored so im good to go.

13. Struggler

Struggler Sapient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Well that saved me some money.

14. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

Yeah, that's the wheelhouse it's in. The main story was about the same length as Arkham Knight, so roughly 12-15 hours and the side content assuming you wanted to do all of it, would probably take about 10 more, give or take. If you like the Arkham games, it is effectively the same thing with a new coat of paint - the movement is much improved, but the combat, upgrades and side quests follow the same formula. Credit where credit is due, the movement is so advanced that it probably cuts a lot of the excessive movement that most of these games have, but I digress.

yoda313 likes this.
  15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay Walkthrough

16. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

I'm very much looking forward to the Resident Evil 2: Remake... I love RE2 and its characters.

17. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Looks like the real deal.

18. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

Oh no I forgot about RE2. Ain't even very long until that comes out. :coffee:

19. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Anybody looking forward to this one? Release date's been a bit delayed tho.

20. ALToxicity

Hype again for this year's pokemon games. I can't wait to see how they expand the world now that they have a more powerful platform to work with. There were always limitations on the handhelds that there aren't on the switch.

Also Death Stranding is still on the hype list even though I neither have a PS4 or any idea what the game is about.