Drama Mr. Sakuga City 2018 R2: Gaff vs Griffmeister (Winner: Griffmeister)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Shannon Apple, Jun 25, 2018.

?

Who goes through to the semis

Poll closed Jul 2, 2018.
  1. Gaff

20.0%
  2. Griffmeister

80.0%
  1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

WELCOME TO ROUND TWO

You know the drill. There will be a public vote, but at the same time, our highly esteemed judges will writing up their verdict. If the public vote is close, the judges marks could turn the entire thing on it's head. So you must fight to get as many votes as possible.

Oh btw, I just paired the guys in Alphabetical order this time. Bwuhahah!

There are a few small rules:

1. You cannot vote in your own poll thread. However, you can vote in other threads.
    VOTING AT ALL IN OWN POLL THREAD MEANS YOU LOSE 1 POINT
    2. In order to cast a vote, you must have at least 10 posts on the forum for your vote to count. (Totally killing them pre-signed up alt accounts buzz here, if any.) :p
    3. The forum rules still apply here, so please keep the fun clean. You know what I mean.

That's pretty much it.

Questions and Answers inside the Spoilers:

1. If you suddenly found out that your internal monologue for the last week was actually audible, how screwed would you be?

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't enjoy the sound of me beatboxing Duran Duran's Girls on Film in the political history section of the library.

2. What reality show would you create and which forum members would you have participate and why?

Kerberos, Pinky the Blue Flamingo, Sora Senpai and I would go off, watch the most unimaginable, unspeakable trash humanity has ever born witness to and then record ourselves trying to discuss it in a constructi- actually wait, that's the podcast.

3. If you were transported 400 years into the past with no clothes or anything else, how would you prove that you were from the future?

Not sure I'd want to. I'd just make it my life's mission to confound future historians by sneaking as many examples of the iPhone, Beats by Dre and the Toyota Prius into portraits of renaissance monarchs as humanly possible.

4. What set of regular items could you buy together that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?

I hear toothpaste, diet pepsi and instant custard is the actual chemical formula for napalm.

1. If you suddenly found out that your internal monologue for the last week was actually audible, how screwed would you be?

I actually think I'd make out pretty good on this one. It would certainly be quiet around the house for a week since that's about how long the wife would refuse to talk to me for. Might get similar treatment from my immediate boss since there's nothing else he could do much about. As long as the work gets done and by a stroke of luck I haven't had any personal interactions with any customers last week so I wouldn't have had the opportunity to piss any off. Finally, I'll probably never get behind the same annoying old lady at the checkout line in the grocery store again so I'm safe.

2. What reality show would you create and which forum members would you have participate and why?

My first idea involved all of the SC ladies and a cosplay challenge to re-enact various scenes from popular anime series. Then I started thinking about beach days and how this would get me permanently banned from the forum so I decided to change ideas. Then I came up with " Otaku in da crib ", a weekly show where contestants would face various challenges to stay in the game not to mention the down time between challenges where the players get to know each other better. Some of these challenges will probably still involve cosplay with tasks like going out on the streets to see who can find someone to recognize them in the shortest time.

Of course with a title like that our first contestant will be Dunn, we'll see how far he can go with his wit and sarcasm. To temper that some we need Shannon and Scruffie. Dunn won't know whether he's going to get buzz killed, or just killed. Next up is Kuze since he won't want to be there in the first place. That means he'll probably make it all the way to the finals. To round out the ladies we need Harlequinn for a little edge and Narilka to give us some deep thought, I think Kuze might need that to save his sanity. Finishing off the guys we have Yoda to use the force to keep us from the dark side, and last but not least there's Rat. I mean what's a reality show without a rat in it?

3. If you were transported 400 years into the past with no clothes or anything else, how would you prove that you were from the future?

Now this question requires some interpretation since it only says put back in time. I can only guess that means that I'll still be in the same place. Four hundred years ago this area could be considered part of Massachusetts, but the closest any Europeans came at the time was maybe some Dutch explorers searching a river about ten miles east of here for a trade route. That means I'll probably be a naked white guy landing in the midst of the Quinnipiac Indians. Now normally in the movies someone in this situation will claim to block out the sun to prove their superiority by using a well timed solar eclipse as their "magic". Well, I don't know when the last full eclipse to hit this area around four hundred years ago was, but my luck it would have been the day before I got there. I think my only chance would be to find someone named Pocahontas to help buy some time and then predict for them the advance of the Europeans.

4. What set of regular items could you buy together that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?

How to make the cashier uncomfortable? Walk up to the register with a greeting card that reads " Happy 12th Birthday to a Wonderful Niece ", and a jar of petroleum jelly.

Voting Closes 7 days from time of posting.
    This time, I'll be asking the judges to do their judging alongside the polls to speed things up.

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

If Otaku in da crib is ever a thing, I definitely don't wanna be in it.

Griffmeister likes this.
  3. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Why does everybody want me to be in a show? Am I really that destined for stardom? Autovote for Griff. :D

Griffmeister likes this.
  4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Hehe, gifgaff.

Kuze likes this.
  5. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

And so your fate has been sealed. See ya in the finals.

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

It's clear to me from this round that while people think I'm a buzzkill (nothing new there), they think @Scruffie might be capable of murder. Why is that? lol.

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Darnit.

8. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

I am shocked at this development...

[​IMG]

Shannon Apple likes this.
  9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Percentage of Public Vote

Gaff:
    20%
    Griff: 80%

Average Judge's Scores:
    Gaff:
    Griff: 49.2

Breakdown %:
    Guest Judge:

Gaff: 70
    Griff: 25

Gaff

8/10 Electric Barbarella would have gotten you full points

2. 10/10 Would watch again

3. 10/10 "Aliens"

4. 0/10 or a sad guys attempt at treating himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Griffmeister

1. 1/10 booooooring

2. 1/10 for that title. Its bad and you should feel bad.

3. 8/10 for historical accuracy

4. 0/10 you aren't freaking out anyone my man, walmart cashiers have seen it all and they don't care.

Judge 1:
    Gaff: 40
    Griff: 35

Gaff

1: 3/10 - at least its the last section of the Library I would ever go to

2: 4/10 - "Behind The Podcast: The Weebs – Why Won’t You Listen To Us?"

3: 5/10 – Extra Point for finally making someone think the Prius is exciting.

4: 4/10 - will add a point if you try it in @4xdblack backyard

Griff

1: 3/10 – added a point to make up for having to sleep on the couch

2: 7/10 - is @Scruffie available for contract killings? asking for a friend. -1 for thinking @Rat belongs on TV

3: 4/10 - removed a point for taking it too seriously. Pocahontas had it bad enough, don't add to her misery.

4: 0/10 - I am calling the Police.

Judge 2:
    Big Fat Zero

They all get 0 from me

Big

Fat.

Zero.

Surprised they're not all having a sleep over braiding each others hair and painting toe-nails. I'm too disgusted to type anymore.

Judge 3:
    Gaff: 80
    Griff: 87.5

Gaff

1. 6/10. I'm not convinced you can beatbox Duran Duran.

2. 8/10. What podcast? :)))

3. 10/10. Using your world changing knowledge to fuck with people. Nice.

4. 8/10. Unless the cashier fought in 'Nam I don't think it's gonna come across.

Griffmeister

1. 7/10. One can only imagine what sort of eldritch horrors plague your mind.

2. 9/10. But I really don't want to go outside dressed as a weaboo.

3. 10/10. But I see this going less Pocahontas and more The Revenant.

4. 9/10. Repulsed me physically.

OVERALL SCORE:

Gaff: 41.7
    Griffmeister: 64.6

Griffmeister WINS!!!

10. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Boy this is getting tough. Thanks to all my supporters out there. That guest judge, WOW, should be called the “Ice Man” (or Ice Person), and judge two giving the whole cast across the board zeros (or was that just filler cause j2 fell off the face of the earth?). On to round III.