My 10 year comeback single

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kura, Jul 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kura

kura lay back and think of England

It's taken me about two years to finally find you guys. I thought A4 died and the few remaining active members just latched onto other forums . I have to admit, Sakuga-City is pretty camouflaged and it's not so straightforward for fond A4 nostalgites to just find.

Can someone please give me cliff notes on the changeover? Did the South American siblings successfully run it into the ground? Was 'Sakuga City' born in its wake by the few who remained?

Anyway, I guess I should apologize to Shannon and KT for just peacing out and going MIA for literally years just after I was modded and promised to help implement an ambitious set of reforms for an A4 truly on its knees.

Who's still here?
    Is the place healthy?

It's nice to find you guys again, this month actually marks my original decennary on A4. Which is cyutteee.

#1 kura, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Fantasy and KT Samurai like this.
  2. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

I definitely wondered where you'd got to. Lol. Welcome back.

Yep, they ran it into the ground. Let people they didn't even know into the backend because they wanted free labour. Tried to use Fred as an on-demand free labour to jump everytime they wanted to move A4 to a new FREE server. He did it once for them, assuming that it was a permanent move. Took him several days to do it too, since they screwed up and left it much more difficult. Moving a forum to a new server isn't exactly a simple task. The people they let in the background did nefarious things to the database including putting all of our login information on a blackhat site. I did force reset everyone's password, but that might not have been a permanent solution depending on what kind of backdoors those people placed.

Then Hireshi. LOL! He tried to take over the forum. That was nuts. As much as I thought those two were bad, what he was suggesting was illegal and a pure power play. He deleted my A4 account + his own because I didn't agree with it. Fred and I got my account back, or well, a new account and attached my posts to it. lol. He also messed with the code in the backend, redirecting A4 to his own shitty site.

Site was down more than up because of them making use of whatever free hosting deals they could get, then moving us again. Each time they moved the site, they broke it more. They said about the members "Let them leave. More will join." They simple didn't give a toss about the membership, and that kind of relationship doesn't work.

So, we set up the indiegogo to raise enough money to create and run Sakuga City. Several people actually asked us to do it at this point. I was one of the last staff to give up on A4 to be honest, along with Wastaz. Some of the members took a little longer. We waited until we knew people wanted the move to SC, otherwise it would be a disasterous fight between new and old administration with the new ones accusing us of a power play.

So here we are. Sakuga City, is now community owned. We've made a promise to the community that no matter what, this site doesn't get sold and remains in our hands. :)

For it's size it's healthy enough. You'll see many old names here plus a few new ones.

Sorry about the hidden away thing. We really did try to get the word out. Kept the old A4 Facebook page, but changed it's name. The page was set up and maintained by me, so there's nothing they could do about that. We added the most recently active A4 members to our mailing list at the start in the hopes that some of them would read them. Only those who opted in to admin emails though. Those were the only things I could think of at the time. XD.

kura likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

What A4? This is a Hezbollah chat forum. Now if you'll excuse me there's someone knocking on my door.

4. kura

It kind of had to go like that, I guess. There was a complete disenfranchisement of the community with an incompetent ownership and then this strange contingency of sycophants who would waddle in and out of activity trying to take A4 for themselves. It's good to see that there was a grassroots intervention and still a community. A4 was my first real moment of feeling like a part of something online - back when I was 11 (hopefully that isn't still contested, Shannon) even though I haven't watched anime for years and actually never really liked it.

Anyway good to see some older users. Still looking for a few missing personal favourites!

5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

WB.

And you will always be 11 to us.

kura likes this.
  6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

Took a while, but we believe you now. Snap's right though, now you're "that 11 year old from A4." XD

kura likes this.
  7. kura

I would have done anything to have had that stick as my usp. Now I would have it stricken from the records.

fml lads

Shannon Apple likes this.
  8. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Welcome back and who the hell are you again?

9. The_Archangel

The_Archangel Shadowbanned

Dang come to think of it, this community went through a lot of shit.

WB. We're still weebing in 2018.

10. Raffee

Raffee Panda
    Platinum Founder

Welcome back! Who were you on A4 again?

11. kura

I started off as 'kurapika' then eventually I think the last handle I had was 'Camus'.

12. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Welcome back.

kura likes this.
  13. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Welcome back, and don't listen to Dunn.

KT Samurai likes this.
  14. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Welcome back! And yes definitely don’t listen to Dunn or go down any dark alleys, shady people lurk there.

kura likes this.
  15. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

You can add @Interest1ng to the "don't listen to" list. XD

16. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

So many haters. I vaguely remember Camus. I think Shannon told me you were the douchebag of mods.

Also don't listen to everybody else. Listen to me. Obey me. Bow before me.

Griffmeister likes this.
  17. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

LOL! Nah, Kura/Camus was always cool.

kura and Dunn x Dolo like this.
  18. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

We should make "Don't listen to Dunn" our official forum slogan.

Scruffie, kura and Dunn x Dolo like this.
  19. kura

Dunn I remember your handle I feel like you were a bit after my time.

Anyway I don't blame Shannon. I kind of suddenly became modded (with Snap) and then I just peacedd out and became completely inactive and incommunicable.

Anyway I'm back so if u wanna play around les go.

20. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

I suppose I am on the perma- @Shannon Apple Shit List..........

[​IMG]

Shannon Apple likes this.