Recommendations Need Manga Recs

Discussion in 'Manga' started by 4xdblack, Jul 12, 2016.

1. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

to start off with, it really doesn't matter what manga... List me anything. Your favorites, to the ones in between. I'm stuck at my grandparents unable to watch anime due to the horrible internet service, which means I'm going to have to resort to... Manga...

Anything with badass characters/main characters is welcomed.

Now what I'm looking to read specifically.. I want to find something similar to One Punch Man. Something that's got a ton of action and gore and mature content... but with the added benefit of comedy. (comedy/action/seinen/ecchi)

Beyond that... I'm interested to see if there are any manga's where the main character is a high schooler who happens to be a total badass. Like a mafia hitman or master assassin. Not like the cliche bleach/ichigo combo. Basically normal highschooler by day, super shady secrets at night. And since it's based around a highschooler, it's gotta have a harem. Obviously. I'm interested to see what you guys can come up with in this department.

Thanks!

2. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Noblesse
    Black haze
    Boku no hero academia
    Greatest outcast
    Ubel Blatt
    Ajin

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sounds a lot like Homunculus. No, I'm kidding. Don't read that.

Think you should go for Mob Psycho 100 maybe (manga or anime > anime is airing right now.)

4. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

5. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Here @4xdblack
    Noblesse- about a vampire that wakes up after 900 years and has to start living in a 21 century. Starts attending high school and trying to familiarize himself with the ways of 21 century. But the world isn't as safe as it was 900 years ago and he ends up fighting. It's a great manhwa, it's funny, has great action and is in color. Characters are interesting too.

Black haze- Very powerful already 1st class magician is sent to high school to protect another guy and needs to pretend weaker than he really is. Then along the way more secrets about himself are coming out to light.

Boku no hero academia- It a typical shonen where a weaker MC is becoming stronger and stronger. Has really cool development. Also set in high school.

Greatest outcast- a weak guy with glasses becomes a blood thirsty, revenge seeking dude when something happens that will change him forever. It's also about the guy who becomes stronger and stronger, but it's great. He wants to protect but he is really violent.

Ubel Blatt- Also about revenge. filled with gore, ecchi and harem. MC is seeking to destroy and kill the ones that betrayed him 20 years ago.

Ajin- The story is about a student named Kei Nagai (永井 圭 Nagai Kei?), who discovers he is an immortal "Ajin" when he is hit by a truck. He becomes a wanted person because the Ajin are considered dangerous inhuman beings and the only person who is there to support him is his childhood friend, Kaito. While the government claims to help Ajin live in a safe environment, they are actually using them as subjects for cruel and inhumane experimentation. As a result, Ajin that have escaped are bent on revenge with the exception of Kei. During his escape it is subtly revealed he lacks the capacity for empathy and throughout the series only shows an interest in his own goals, pointing to the conclusion that Kei has antisocial personality disorder.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Dammit @4xdblack you're a OPM fan for Pete's sake. Don't tell me you're not even remotely familiar with Mob Psycho 100. Alright well first off it ticks most of the boxes with what you're looking for:

badass MC (for the most part), action (not sure about the gore), highschool setting, comedy, supernatural, similar to OPM (for obvious reasons), etc.

Cons: the art. Well that's ONE for you

I'd recommend you to watch the anime first, if possible.

One does not simply become worthy of reading Homunculus.

#6 Kuze, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016