Comedy Net-juu no Susume (Recovery of an MMO Junkie)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis
    Moriko Morioka is a 30-year-old single NEET woman. After dropping out from reality, she has taken off in search for a fulfilling life and ended up in a net game or "netoge." In the netoge world, she began her new life as a refreshing and handsome character named Hayashi. While starting out as a beginner, a pretty character named Lily reached out to help her. Meanwhile, in the real world, awaits a shocking encounter with a good-looking elite company employee, a mysterious blue-eyed blonde.

Studios: Signal, MD
    Source: Web manga
    Genres: Game, Comedy

(VIA MAL)

2. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Solid and SImple first episode. Mamiko Noto nailed the MC with those weird noises she was making. Very good start to this anime.

3. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I love this anime, like it's just so enjoyable to watch, and this episode was super sweet, yet it hits real world problems perfectly, like how we're basically just robots during the day (getting up going to work etc, same old shit which is what Morikos dream was about).

Yet we can find salvation in video games, or anime, or online friends.

I'm really interested in Moriko's past as well. Seems like she used to play that MMO in episode 1 with a co-worker before shit hit the fan

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Oh wow Sakura was actually Lily? I would have never guessed that! But yeah pretty obvious but I still like how they confirmed it though with the Text on the computer screen at the end. That was cute.

MORIMORI!!! Yes I love it!!

Aww man the talk between Poko and Hayashi was interesting. Especially when Poko was making scrolls. Fuck man I wanna play this game so much!!!!

Just making scrolls during a conversation, then during Lily and Hayashi's conversation she throws the cloak on, gah so cool, they nailed the MMO factor in this episode.

Moriko...he was asking you on a legit date though! not an APOLOGY DATE!!!! Gah I was like "Come on Girl have confidence in yourself!"

Her rolling around and catching those feels was freaking adorable though <3

That Cashier in the convenience is probably Kanbe. I wonder if they will start introducing more of the RL characters from the in game personas.

I liked the new Blonde haird girl.

I liked how they worked in Moriko's past as well. Both with her employment and with her talking about her past gaming experience.

5. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Yo if Koiwai is serious about dating Moriko that's a real dick move bro.

Honestly that pissed me off. Then he's going to rub it in Sakura's face. A part of me was like "Okay Koiwai did this to help Sakura out." But if that was the case Lily wouldn't have been super depressed online.

So I feel like I just answered my own issue in the first part. FUCK KOIWAI!

Edit: Just watched the PV...Bro she cuts her fucking hair!!!

#5 Sora Senpai, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Honestly besides the coincidences, this was one of the most realistic episodes of an anime I have seen in a while. Just the lead up to a date, getting the day wrong, and the trouble of buying clothes and actually thinking "Damn I could have used this on my hobby." So fucking true!

Dude Moriko with short hair worried me after last week...but I fucking LOVE IT!!!!

The previews are cliffhangers themselves! So she's still going to go on the date with Koiwai next week!!! WTF SAKURAI DUDE MAN THE FUCK UP!

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

FUDGE ONLY 10 EPISODES!!!!

8. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

So accurate lol. Though Im still loving Kino

10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I like how the title of the anime now has a broad spectrum to it. Like we knew Morioka had an MMO problem and she became a NEET as well. Now we are seeing just how important MMO's are in Sakurai's life as well. Also add in the fact that Koiwai is starting to play and Kanbe is a player as well and the development is fantastic.

As for the episode...I want to punch Sakurai in the face...mainly just to knock some fucking sense into him. COME ON BRO MAN UP!!!! but I can also see where he is coming from that he wants to keep his online persona as well.

Holy lord that Koiwai avatar though.

The big question is what did Kanbe ask Molly when Koiwai went afk??? HMMMMM I really want them all to meet in real life as well. Just everyone meet at the convenience store and eat some chicken lol.

11. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Crunchyroll has announced that it will stream the Recovery of an MMO Junkie (Netoj┼ź no Susume) episode 11 original video anime on Friday, December 15.

12. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Hopefully a fairy tale ending, of some sort.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Story 9/10: I'll start off with my negatives about the story. First and foremost they never really explain why Moriko is a NEET. They just show her quit her job and that's that. No explanation. Luckily they made up for it with great character development and super cute moments.
    The realism was a little off as well, while it does happen in real life it's Super rare to meet someone who plays the same MMO you do in real life. I get it's for the sake of the story but again pretty rare.

Moriko being a Neet though shows the struggles of people who do not have a job or any kind of goals or activity they want to do outside of their home. So her development from the beginning to end was really something special to watch. Just slight improvements with the help of others was really something.

Add in Sakurai and his struggles and the hurdles he had to climb and you get two stories which come together into something really special.

Art 8/10: The Art and Animation wasn't anything too great. It was simple but sometimes simple works. In this case it did. they didn't over do it with the graphics when it came to them being in MMO version, and the extra details at certain times was really good. Such as when Moriko would dress up, the emphasis on her make up. Or when she didn't wear make up.

Sound and Music 10/10: Opening and Ending were two of the best of the YEAR. Plus using the MMO music during real life moments was awesome. Something I really enjoyed.

Characters 10/10: I mean Moriko was my favorite female lead of the season, she was just so awesome! Sakurai was pretty great as well, and the supporting cast were great in their own way.

Enjoyment 10/10: I enjoyed this a lot. Probably my favorite anime of the Fall 2017 season.

Overall 10/10: Overall I would recommend this anime to anyone and everyone. It has a good balance of real life issues along with a great story as well.