Horror Netflix to make live action Resident Evil tv series

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Kuze, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Netflix is producing an Original Series live-action adaptation of CAPCOM's Resident Evil game franchise. Bronwen Hughes (The Walking Dead) is at the helm as director and Andrew Dabb (Supernatural) is writing the script.

Brief lowdown from Netflix:

Source: ANN

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Welp, I guess now is finally the time I actually gave a zombie tv series a shot. If its gonna be a shiity brain freeze i'd prefer Resident Evil to be my poison.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

The set up reminds me of Justin Cronins Vampire Trilogy with the time skip. God that series was such a letdown.

Anyway, the closest we're ever gonna get to a proper Resident Evil live action is the Rec movies. Nothing else captures the tone. I'll give this a go cuz I have Netflix forever but low expectations. Walking Dead was dogshit after S1.

4. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

4-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker...

"Wesker"

Hmmm... I can venture a guess as to what certain plot developments will surround them.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Netflix began streaming trailers for its live-action adaptation. The videos show the settings of New Raccoon City in 2022 and London in 2036. The series will premiere on July 14.

The series has cast Lance Reddick, Ella Balinska, Tamara Smart, Siena Agudong, Adeline Rudolph, and Paola Nunez. Reddick will play Albert Wesker. It's planned to be an eight episode tv series.

[​IMG]