New star wars cartoon resistance announced

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by yoda313, Apr 26, 2018.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

2. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I haven't finished Rebels yet, but the two or three seasons that I've seen were great, so maybe this will be as well. To me, Star Wars' expansions into other mediums are always more interesting when they feature an original cast, so it surrounding Poe does disappoint me. Having a lore-locked character in the driver's seat limits the creativity of the writing team. With that said, maybe the cartoon will get more out of Captain Phasma than the films have - it shouldn't be too difficult.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

But they only have two movies so far. Now i dont know about comics/books. I havent read any of the new cannon books so i dont know how much theyve done with poe already. If its just the movies they should still have a pretty wide slate to work with.

I seriously hope they use the structure of the xwing book series. I know its not cannon but i hope they follow new recruits into rogue squadron oh wait is it still called that in force awakens? Anyway it shouldnt be hard to do TOP GUN IN STAR WARS.

4. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I hear what you're saying, but my problem is that Poe is fundamentally locked into the movies - meaning that, unlike a Kyle Katarn or Darth Revan figure they aren't really going to get the okay to kill him off or do anything especially transformative, so there's never going to be much in the way of drama surrounding that. They can't exactly make Poe a Jedi in the cartoon and expect that people going to see the third film will know that it happened.

Oh Snape likes this.
  5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

True but that cant happen anyway since its before force awakens.

Hes not really shallow but hes certainly in the mold of the hero - light on substance but thats what hes been given. I think working with a squad of unknowns could really work. Especially with new recruits. He could be a father figure giving sage advice and the like.

Well just have to see.

And im not saying poe is a ditz in the movies. He just isnt an Indiana jones type lead character with a rich tapestry to him.

6. Koda

Koda Senior Member

This could be interesting, but I agree locking to one character you're limited a lot. Let's see what happens, the series they've done before were good. I've seen some rebels and the Clone Wars series though not Disney was great.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

8. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Novaire completely buzz killed this one.

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

4 months late bub :D

10. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

11. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

honestly i don't think i like star wars anymore.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I admit its not as shiny to me as it used to be. Im hoping ep 9 works. Im scared though by one rumor headline saying it will be even longer than 8. That was one of my big gripes about last jedi, just too damn long.

13. ALToxicity

ALToxicity The great and powerful Peridot

I'm really not into the look of this one. Something about the look of the models just screams low budget to me. It could just be that I prefer the look of Rebels and The Clone Wars, though.

14. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The official Star Wars Twitter account posted a video introducing the characters.

Twitter video: here

15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

A video introducing more characters from the animated series was streamed. The video highlights the characters from Team Aces: Torra Doza, Hype Fazon, Griff Halloran, Freya Fenris, and Bo Keevil.