JRPG NieR: Automata

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kuze, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Square Enix North America began streaming a new "Glory to Mankind 119450310" trailer on Friday for the NieR: Automata PlayStation 4 game. The video reveals "more about androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines." The video previews the game's English dub.

The game ships in Japan on PS4 on February 23, and will ship in North America on March 7 and in Europe on March 10. The game's PS4 demo is available now. Square Enix also plans to release the game on PC via Steam.

Square Enix is offering the game in a limited Black Box edition. The Black Box edition, which retails for US$189.99, includes: a collector's box, the game, a YoRHa "2B" figurine, a 64-page hardback artbook, a steelbook case featuring artwork from Bravely Default/Final Fantasy XIV artist Akihiko Yoshida, and a soundtrack of 13 live-recorded songs from both NieR and NieR: Automata. The Black Box edition is only available on the Square Enix Online Store.

Square Enix describes the story:

The distant future…

Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing a new type of threat: weapons known as “machine lifeforms.” In the face of this insurmountable threat, mankind is driven from Earth and takes refuge on the Moon.

The Council of Humanity organizes a resistance of android soldiers in an effort to take back their planet. To break the deadlock, the Resistance deploys a new unit of android infantry: YoRHa . In the forsaken wasteland below, the war between the machines and the androids rages on.

A war that is soon to unveil the long-forgotten truth of this world...

The game is a follow-up to the 2010 NieR game, and reunites the director, producer, and composer. Freelance developer Taro Yoko (Drakengard series, NieR) is helming the project as director at Platinum Games. Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X, NieR) is credited as producer, and Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard series, NieR, Yuki Yuna Is a Hero) is composing the music. Takahisa Taura (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Anarchy Reigns) is handling the game design, and Akihiko Yoshida (Bravely Second, Final Fantasy XIV) is designing the game's characters. J'Nique Nicole and Emi Evans are each singing a version of the game's theme song.

Further read: here

2. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I tried out the demo whenever that came out, and honestly, I wasn't sold on it. The idea of a character action game mixed with a bullethell shooter seemed cool, but neither of those parts seemed especially full or interesting. Frankly, it seemed like one of Platinum's 'B-Team' games.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

PlayStation began streaming a 29-minute gameplay video on Monday for the NieR: Automata PlayStation 4 game. In the video, two Square Enix staff members join PlayStation Blog's Ryan Clements to preview the action role-playing game's quests, battles, and other elements.

Source: here

4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Is Breaking Down

I wish to get this game. But I want to see if it decreases in price on Steam. I have had prior purchases go on sale not long after I paid full price for them. I want to make sure that doesn't happen again, if I can help it.

5. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Game is nice, I've just found myself lacking the will to play currently.
    After beating the game, you start over again as 5S and I don't like playing him as I did playing 2B for obvious reasons.

6. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

On the 3rd route right now. The game picks up around the last quarter of the 2nd route.

I don't care much for the SHMUP segments of the game outside of hacking, but I really dig the bullet hell + 3rd person action elements.

The music is really good. I mean really really really fuckin good.

Moe likes this.
  7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The official NieR Twitter account announced on Monday that the NieR: Automata action RPG's worldwide physical and digital sales have exceeded 1.5 million.

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Square Enix has announced that it will release its NieR: Automata game in a new version for the Xbox One titled NieR: Automata Become as Gods Edition on June 26.

The new version will include the DLC for the game, including:

The 3C3C1D119440927 expansion DLC
    Grimoire Weiss Pod
    Retro Red Pod Skin
    Retro Grey Pod Skin
    Cardboard Pod Skin
    The Machine Lifeform Mask Accessory

9. G_Munny07

G_Munny07 is a savage

The controls for this game take a while to get used to at least for me thats my only complaint.

10. Crimson

Crimson New Member

I bought this but haven't gotten around to playing yet. It's a third person action game, so it's on the right track for me.

In time, and if I like it, I'll probably buy the original Nier for PS3 too.

11. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

play it right now