Discussion Nintendo Reveals SNES Classic Edition

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kuze, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Well-Known Member
    Platinum Founder

He may be right, later when the NES Classic came out and they started doing the re-releases they did have a limit of one per customer.

yoda313 likes this.
  2. Red_Dragon

Platinum Founder

This thing went up for preorder for a whopping 40 minutes and sold out at Walmart.

It just happened tonight I missed out ugh.

#22 Red_Dragon, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This kind of marketing crap makes me hate its existence. Why lust over something you cant get? Ill stick with my multicarts.

4. Kuze

Kuze Review Bot Reloaded 2.0
    Contributor

Preview videos for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) Classic Edition (North American, European, and Japanese versions) is out. The videos introduce some of the console's features, such as the ability to save at any time, rewind gameplay, and change between 12 different kinds of frames and three display modes.

N. America trailer

Europe trailer

5. Red_Dragon

Platinum Founder

Successfully reserved mine at Walmart, life is good right now :)

6. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

Reserved mine easily. Hm waiting for the update of people telling me they "fucked this up" ???????

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@TonyTony and red_dragon - hope yours holds. Sounds like your one of the lucky ones.

Nintendo just doesn't get it or doesn't care. They new what happened with the nes and now are doing the same damn thing with the snes. Im glad the wii and the ds were the last consoles i ever owned by nintendo. So inept.

Ill never let go of my original nes and snes memories. Its just a shame theyre making things so difficult now. And an underpowered switch with slow third party support doesnt help them either.

8. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I got a few of them. Two from Gamestop, one from Walmart's website.

As an aside, our local Gamestop got six of them and four of those went straight to the employees, as they get first dibs way before hand. It would've been five if it weren't for some kind of issue I'm not actually privy to. I waited around for around ninety minutes or so for the system to go back up and they got at least 15 calls, and several walk-ins asking about them.

9. Shi

Shi The Dreamer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Nintendo clearly creating supply shortages on purpose is no question after this.

On the flip side though... Switch seems to be in stock now that everyone is fucking around with SNES Classic.

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Shi - yea just saw a headline that they are pushing switch productions to meet holiday demand.

11. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

It seems like the Switch has been in constant stock in my area for months now.

If you were looking for one around here, you definitely wouldn't have to go out of your way to get it.

12. Shi

Shi The Dreamer

@yoda313
    @Novaire

I'm actually even more certain that the NES and SNES Classic was made as a diversion to the fact that the Switch hasn't been available in most places. The NES and SNES Classic consoles were made with spare Wii and Wii U Parts. So really, this is Nintendo creating supply and demand problems on purpose, but also to clear out their warehouse of parts.

On top of that, it gave them time to figure out the Switch situation because no one is fighting over it anymore.

Oh Snape likes this.
  13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Shi - really? Cool recycling program :D too bad they sold as many wiis as they did. They might have had more left over parts for the minis :D

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394/amp

My god nintendo is doing something right?!?!

Rereleasing thd nes classic next year and continuing snes production through next year??

Nintendo royally screwed up both releases but at least it seems like they are ready to make up for it.

I may finally buy one or the other since they actually realized what they did wrong. I love it they had5no control over the preorder process ha.

15. Shi

Shi The Dreamer

If they do an N64 Classic, I wonder how badly they'll botch that.

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Probably call it an n65 :D nintendo and their crazy naming conventions :D

Oh and it will only play superman 64 :D

17. Kaynil

Kaynil New Member

Rareware was half of the excitement in owning a Nintendo64 for me, but I still would like to see a Nintendo64 mini even if I don't buy it.

I think Nintendo was clear the NES and SNES were limited edition so I figured it was acting instantly or losing it. It is a shame that in US, the amount was insultingly low and having shops allowing for customers to separate ridiculous amounts of copies didn't help the issue one bit, so I am happy Nintendo reconsidered and has agreed to bring it back and extend the period of availability on both.

18. LunarCharm

LunarCharm Comrade of the Moon

I never owned an SNES as a kid, and missed out on the original batch of NES Classic consoles, so I've been desperately trying to lock in a pre-order for both but with no luck so far. It's reassuring to know Nintendo is ramping up production of these consoles, finally.

19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Have an xbox one?

If so check out the rare replay collection disc. Great great set.

Fyi i finally got my raspberry pi zero w online so i can get the rest of my emus setup. Its nearly flawless so i dont need a nes or snes classic now. Its smaller than the classic :D except for the usb hub you need for usb gamepads and usb sticks for roms.